Ratings for Dr. Magdi E. Sayegh

I went to Dr. Sayegh for a second opinion on a large, benign ovarian cyst, for which I had been recommended removal via surgery. The receptionist didn't greet or acknowledge me when I walked in. After I stood in front of the window for several minutes, she asked me to sign in and see my insurance card. She gave me back the card and asked me to take a seat and fill out forms. She managed to do all this without once looking at me. From there, I was taken to have my BP, weight, and height taken. I declined to get on the scale because having an eating disorder history, I find being weighed to be very triggering. When I've declined getting on the scale at other places, people don't even bat an eye. The person in this office got sarcastic, and asked if I was willing to give my height. After waiting quite a while, I was finally able to meet Dr. Sayegh. He was patronizing, condescending and arrogant. He repeatedly cut me off, talked over me and dismissed my concerns about the surgery. Also, as a warning, If you're looking for a ob-gyn who is affirming of Heath at Every Size (HAES), stay far away from this doc. Every single issue I had mentioned (including an ankle sprain) was somehow brought back to my weight. Needless to say, the entire appointment was traumatizing and I had to spend the next 2 days unfocused and unable to work while recovering from the appointment. I wish I had read reviews of him before going because it would have saved the money, time, and pain.

Submitted September 13, 2015

Dr. Sayegh is not only extremely knowledgeable but he also has an amazing bedside manner. He is always pleasant and is very thorough in everything that he does. I highly recommend him as an OBGYN!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Sayegh is the ideal doctor and gentleman. He performed an ovarian cyst removal surgery on me a month ago. I find him to be extraordinarily focused, intelligent and quick-witted, organized and decisive, kind and caring. Dr. Sayegh's staff is also superlative. A nurse took four blood pressure readings, two per arm, because my results were high and gave me a print-out to take to my family physician. This office and Millard Fillmore Suburban surpassed my expectations. Very pleased patient.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr sayegh is a wonderful dr. I don't think you will find another dr that cares more than dr sayegh. I feel completely safe in his care. He is also amazing with children. He is a dr for all the right reasons.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Sayegh for 15 years. Last year he saved my uterus when I hemorrhaged during childbirth. He worked on me for 2 hours because he knew I wanted more kids. He will be delivering my 3rd next month. I feel completely comfortable asking him anything. His bedside manner is great. He doesn't sugarcoat things. If you are morbidly overweight, he will tell you. He is a Dr. and that is his job. I smoke and he lectures me EVERY time I walk in the office. I'd have it no other way. I've referred him to many friends and they all go there and love him as well.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

The staff was pleasant. I was seen in Kenmore, NY. The doctor and staff were supportive and present for my procedure. The follow-up phone call was direct. Dr. Sayegh told me I had cancer. So caring, he rescheduled another procedure, in order to get the cancer out of me sooner, rather than later. I'm grateful to have had Dr. Sayegh in the testing, determination, notification of cancer and subsequent removal of cancer by surgery. I'd definitely recommend Dr. Sayegh.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

I have been seeing Dr.Sayegh for about 10 years, I've had 2 babies under his care. He was always honest and made me feel comfortable. When I was pregnant with my second child I had gestational diabetes, he called me personally and spoke with me about it and at my appoinment he spent more than an hour with me explaining it to me and what I had to do and what to expect. I just had a tubial ligatiin done my him aslo, he is an amazing doctor and I would reccommend him!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

I have known Dr. Sayegh for over 20 years. I have had two surgeries with him. Most recently last week. He was WONDERFUL. I actually had a problem with my pulse and during recovery room and he was there the whole time with my husband worried about me (and getting me help). He checked in with me. I went to my post op visit and everything was great. I would VERY MUCH recommend this doctor to anyone. Everyone is not going to like every doctor and everyone is not going to have great experiences, however, Dr. Sayegh is right up with the newest techniques and information.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

1st went to him when my prog. levels were low, he took me right away and saved my pregnancy. he is a great doctor, and he was never hurtful of any feelings i had, but says it how it is. he does seem overbooked, but always apologized when he was late for my appt. he did kind of push a csection on me, though. baby was HUGE (9lb, 12oz), and my pelvis is smaller than average, and i wasn't dilating at all, even after my water broke at 42 weeks. yes, he let me go overdue, he respected my wishes to go into labor naturally. when i was at the hospital though, i was ready to push and he asked if i wanted a c/s, even when i didn't even try yet! sure enough though, baby got stuck and had a c/s anyways. overall, he was a great doctor to me, and was always there for me when i needed him, even calling me back at 4:30am. he knows his stuff, and i don't think he has real patience for women who let emotions sway them, but that's just what my experience has been.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

I have been with Dr. Sayegh for 21 years. You will not find a more caring doctor, anywhere.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2011