Ratings for Dr. Leigh Rutherford

Makes you feel completely at ease, saw him regarding my hernia and he had me fixed up and on my way the following week.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I have nothing but positive comments for Dr Leigh Rutherford, he is very talented and I owe my life to him, he is my true super hero. I had a whipples procedure which is extremely complex and complicated and I know for a fact I would not be here if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Excellent, felt completely at ease. Took time to explain process in precise details.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

After reading some of these reviews I'm left in disbelieving at how petty & minor some peoples complaints are. For that reason I just had to write this review as I would really hate to see someone in my position be put off! Dr Leigh Rutherford is one of the best Surgeons in the world!18 months ago he preformed a 3 way Oesophagectomy to try & cure my Esophageal Cancer. He has been nothing but professional, caring, honest & direct with any questions I had, he was tough when I needed him to be tough otherwise I would not be here today!The operation I had required great skill that only a handful of surgeons world wide can preform successfully, I found this out before I was refereed to him by my Oncologist. Doing my research I had just about given up ever finding the right surgeon, due to the fact that everything I read said that to preform such a complicated operation only chose a surgeon who successfully does them often, otherwise you lower your chance of survival as esophagus cancer isn't that common. In our first meeting he answered all my questions without hesitation direct & to the point, I found this to be vital in order to make an informed decision, he then suggested I go home & think about it, by the time I walked to his desk I new he was the right surgeon who could save me, Heaven Sent, I booked the surgery there & then. I have not looked back it has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I am in awe of his talent as a surgeon & would highly recommend Dr Leigh Rutherford to everyone, think yourself extremely luck if you ever have him preform any operation for you. As far as price goes just ask yourself how much is your life worth? I personally wouldn't go to anyone else if I needed any more surgery.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Best experience I have had with a surgeon. Leigh was insightful and when I was faced with time pressures he was able to fit me in the following week for surgery.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Lipoma removal resulted in infection, left with hole and follow up was laughable. His assistant attempted to re-stitch wound under local aesthetic whilst under the guidance of picture messages whilst Leigh was on holiday. A simple lipoma removal cost me 8 weeks of my life! Whilst he did fix wound under general 5 weeks later (he had to) it should never have got to that point. A 6" scar isn't pleasant either. Generally a nice chap, but incompetent service, which I think was rushed as surgery was delayed for 1 hour and didn't give me the service I paid for. I would never go to him again or refer him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

He is an excellent surgeon and a great bloke. Highly knowledgeable, very professional, and very understanding. Definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Best medical treatment to date, and a top bloke. Did my fundoplication, happy with result. Very approachable.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Very knowledgeable doctor. Extremely pleased with my care.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Had my appendix removed by Dr Rutherford, he was always very professional, cheery and comfortable to talk to , before and after the operation.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016