Ratings for Dr. Matthew Scott-Young

I can not thank Dr M. S-Y enough. From the day I met him I had total confidence in him. 4 months post op - I have attained FULL function, normal sensation, NO pain and stronger than I've been since my initial back injury February 2014. I feel liberated. Yes, sometimes he's running late but he spends as long with you as you need so that's the payoff. Cost, although people think he's expensive, he's cheaper than some Brisbane surgeons who don't get the same results.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

After many years of sufering with terrible back,leg and hip pain and all the Drs I saw , telling me there is nothing wrong, my brother pushed me to go see Dr MSY. I'm 3 1/2 mths post op now and no more pain. I am totally pain free. I had TDR and 2 fusions and cages in Feb 2017. It was a slow recovery and unfortunately I got BMP pain which was worse than the op itself, it has now gone it took a while, that was a reaction to the protein BMP only 20% of people get it, I was just unlucky. With the right meds I got through it. His staff are wonderful and very caring and ready to help and answer all ? My appointments were never rushed I travelled from NSW to see him, he took his time in going through everything with me, I only wish I had listened to my brother and his wife a lot sooner. Can't thank MSY enough, I have my life back again. I do my physio everyday and walk 10k everyday now. It's very important that u follow the excercises the pyshio gives you and walking as much as u can handle. For me, this was the best decision I ever made to have this surgery done. Wishing everyone who contemplates spinal surgery , that they have the same success as I had with mine.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Thoroughly disgusted with this doc and his staff. Referred by my GP who already even admits he wishes he never. Saw him once, had a stupid discogram test over three levels where they stuck needles in all my discs and it caused pain - go figure - get needles stuck in your discs and see if its painful???? wtf. Paid over $17 thousand for 3 discs fused and replaced. Wish I'd NEVER done it. Pain worse than ever. Now the staff refuse to let me back in after a year of pain. Then saw Cleaver who used apparently to work for him. He told me disco tests are basically test no-one who uses modern techniques uses. He examined my sacrum iliac joints and reckons pain is not from discs anyway. Did some injections and now I am pain free. Go figure...... This man might be the God of surgery eveyone says he is but get second opinions always. when my injections were off ill stick with Cleaver. I'm sick thinking of what else I could have done with $17 thou.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Several years ago l had an L5S1 fusion and L4L5 total disc replacement by Dr Scott Young, after 20 + years of suffering. He certainly was thorough and knowledgeable and tried several less intrusive procedures prior to finally carrying out the operation. Pre and post operative care was thorough and professional (yes, the Endogram / Discogram was excruciating, but part of his very thorough preparation for the operation). I have been totally pain free since the operation and highly recommend him. Yes, expensive , but no more than other private surgeons on the Gold Coast. And absolutely worth it. I had the utmost confidence in him from day one.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I had L4/L5 fused and L5/S1 total disc replacement after my L5/S1 ruptured and caused numbness all around my groin and buttock area. This was after all my adult life with back pain and the final 2 years of physio, classes , acupuncture, massages and daily painkillers, since surgery in Feb 2011 I have not taken a single pain killer for back pain, actually I have no back pain and no restrictions I even have days that I totally forget I've even had spinal surgery. As far as I'm concerned Matthew Scott/young is the best, and the price reflects the result, with my result I would have been happy with any price as he saved my career and gave me a pain free life. I'm 45 now and still work every day as a carpenter/builder. All the staff were awesome especially especially Mikeala who went over and beyond to help me with anything I needed. Michael Sutton Coffs Hbr

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I cant thank Dr Mathew Scott Young and his team and staff enough for what they have done for our 22 yo that requied spinal surgery due to a football injury. He is an amazing doctor and would highly recommended him to anyone needing spinal surgery. The staff were very polite and professional and couldnt do enough for us as we lived away from our son and they where always there to help if we needed to know anything specifically Sandra to you you are amazing person. Thank you Dr Matthew Scott Young and staff

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Changed my life. He was confident and certain about what he had to do and was patient with my fear and hesitation. I had 2 fusions and a disc replacement on my lower lumber and am in my early 40s with a young family. He has given me my life back and i am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr Matthew is amazing at what he does and couldn't recommend him enough. Although my experience with his General Manager isn't so amazing, she is the rudest women iv ever had to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Can't rate Matthew highly enough. Replaced my L5/S1 disc that was as flat as a pancake and now I'm 100%.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Take with a grain of salt how great you will be after surgery because every body is different. My hubby had painful complications from the start but not everybody has, maybe ALIF surgery will not be right for you either. Do your research thoroughly and don't just go with the MSY hype. He is a nice bloke but yes expensive, extremely busy, there are looooong waits, if you have to travel far this can add to your stress and your families. Best advice we can give is, try other suitable ways (eg. core strengthening if we had our time over again) before embarking on any back surgery, because it seems to be a long slippery slope once your back is tampered with and there is no going back.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016