Ratings for Dr. Matthew Scott-Young

Reluctantly went ahead with major spinal surgery for complex proems. Really didn't want to go ahead . The fear was I might come out with worse problems (after listening to friends who had spinal surgery years ago.) Also out of pocket expenses reduced retirement savings to a frightening level. I nearly fell off the chair when the quote came in Doing week 5 post op right now and don't have a single regret. This man may be arrogant but he knows his stuff . Diagnosis initially by him and he ACTUALLY Examining me. .he came up with the diagnosis without the benefit of MRI, ecrsys, nerve conduction studies just his knowledge base...he is an expert a teacher sslhpassionate about his work. What more could you want?

flag | Submitted November 25, 2018

Saw Dr. Scott Young after being referred by workers comp for an assessment of my injury. After a very brief examination was refused any work cover assistance even though accident was at work due to his finding being down to my age (33 at time). Now 18 years on I still suffer with chronic pain and SI issues. This Dr. needs to get in touch with real medicine and helping patients not his big ego. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

Ego driven surgeon who cares more about his research and inflated ego than his patients.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Recenty had neck surgery with Dr Scott-Young. First time in 25 years I don't have constant headaches and neck pain. Very open and informative with whole proceedure. Highly recommend Dr Scott-Young and his team.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

Dr Matthew operated on my mum 3 years ago , she was 82 yrs old .Dr Matthew operated on her spine to correct her deformity caused by Scoliosis. She is now almost 86 yrs old and pain free .. thanks to this amazing man .. thankyou Dr Matthew we are so blessed to have had you in our corner .

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

My son recently had back surgery with dr scott-young after many years of pain. One disc fused and another replaced. Now 2 months on he has no back pain just gets a little tired after a day of work but is improving every day. It means that he will be able to go back to his usual line of work soon and provide for his family. The operation has changed his life for the better and the after op care has been tremendous.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

I had back problems for a couple of years and was told that I’d be in a wheel chair within 8 months. I was recommended to MSY by a family member who had the exact problem as me and was cured of pain. I didn’t have a health fund at the time and he wouldn’t operate until I’d been into one for a year, but still saw me as a patient to get the ball rolling. I never once thought he was incompetent. It cost me a fortune and I came out of surgery pain free, that’s what my goal was. I’ve had back up appointments to check my spine and everything is fine. I did everything that I was suppose to, to rehabilitate thus 10 years later still great no pain. Brilliant surgeon 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Just don't step into Pindara Hospital if you want to make it out alive. Fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight. Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight. Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight. Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

One can only rate their own surgery. I had suffered 40 years of back pain and the last 5 was very ordinary. I was referred to MSY by a very good Sydney Neurosurgeon. I had three level lumbar DDD and was offered a double ALIF and single TDR. 8 months post surgery and I am pain free. Its almost too good to be true. He is a very confident person but not complacent. I had many tests and scans before I saw him. Over 6000 exposures of the spine would put him up there with the most experienced spine surgeons in the world. Multiple level DDD is not easy to treat. I am grateful I was sent to him and got the result he promised !

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018