Ratings for Dr. Matthew Scott-Young

Recenty had neck surgery with Dr Scott-Young. First time in 25 years I don't have constant headaches and neck pain. Very open and informative with whole proceedure. Highly recommend Dr Scott-Young and his team.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

Dr Matthew operated on my mum 3 years ago , she was 82 yrs old .Dr Matthew operated on her spine to correct her deformity caused by Scoliosis. She is now almost 86 yrs old and pain free .. thanks to this amazing man .. thankyou Dr Matthew we are so blessed to have had you in our corner .

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

My son recently had back surgery with dr scott-young after many years of pain. One disc fused and another replaced. Now 2 months on he has no back pain just gets a little tired after a day of work but is improving every day. It means that he will be able to go back to his usual line of work soon and provide for his family. The operation has changed his life for the better and the after op care has been tremendous.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

I had back problems for a couple of years and was told that I’d be in a wheel chair within 8 months. I was recommended to MSY by a family member who had the exact problem as me and was cured of pain. I didn’t have a health fund at the time and he wouldn’t operate until I’d been into one for a year, but still saw me as a patient to get the ball rolling. I never once thought he was incompetent. It cost me a fortune and I came out of surgery pain free, that’s what my goal was. I’ve had back up appointments to check my spine and everything is fine. I did everything that I was suppose to, to rehabilitate thus 10 years later still great no pain. Brilliant surgeon 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Just don't step into Pindara Hospital if you want to make it out alive. Fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight. Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight. Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight. Bet you watched 4 Corners tonight.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

One can only rate their own surgery. I had suffered 40 years of back pain and the last 5 was very ordinary. I was referred to MSY by a very good Sydney Neurosurgeon. I had three level lumbar DDD and was offered a double ALIF and single TDR. 8 months post surgery and I am pain free. Its almost too good to be true. He is a very confident person but not complacent. I had many tests and scans before I saw him. Over 6000 exposures of the spine would put him up there with the most experienced spine surgeons in the world. Multiple level DDD is not easy to treat. I am grateful I was sent to him and got the result he promised !

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I note the fellow who has the foot drop by the EGO.Mate your lucky. I'm a paraplegic cause he Ego didnt instruct the hospital properly about the level of care required for a spine fusion from T9 to S1.On the 14th January 2017 yes 2017. Mathew Scott-Young (AKA the EGO)Claimed the A team did the biggest surgery ever on me, but did it at "Pindara" who provided Z Team care. I can't walk, in a borrowed wheelchair and now I'm paying $250 a week for rehab for others tardy work. Will I ever walk again don't know and the EGO never asks how Im going. Wont bother rating.

Submitted April 12, 2018

I'm not one to get on the web and write reviews but feel compelled. Dr ScottY did my surgery a year or so ago. I woke up with a foot drop and a foot which now doesn't work so I have to wear a splint. My nerve pain is much worse and I can hardly walk. I asked him what happened and he made some comments and went in for exploratory surgery. I suggested I would like a second opinion and was told if I did that I wouldn't be welcome back. The exploratory surgery didn't work and I was told everything looked fine. Eventually I went for a second opinion anyway and the other surgeon picked up the problem straight away but now 'the horse has bolted' and it's too late. Maybe just unfortunate, maybe I got sucked in by these 'reviews' (be very sceptical) and had my surgery done by an ego rather than a good surgeon. It only cost me $10,000. I'm not impressed and after my complication felt I got treated very badly.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Rated one of the worlds leading back specialist and researches globally, by far the highest of professionalism from team to approach for all his diverse patients. Matthew has a passion for greater health and joy for successful outcomes for his patients and undoubtedly a hard working and incredible individual with amazing knowledge and talents which shows why he the leader in his field.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017