Ratings for Dr. Lucretia van den Berg

Dr. Lucretia a great doctor with great personality !!! ...... from Toronto , S.M

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

It usually is not necessary to wait for your scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I have seen Dr. Van Den Berg 3 times for treatment of PCOS after being brushed off by 2 other physicians. Dr Van Den Berg took the time to collect a thorough history (medical, family, & social) and ordered appropriate diagnostics. My follow up appointments have been informative and effective. The have found this physician to be professional, caring, and well educated; my health has improved under her care.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Watch out for this Doctor! When I was younger late teens, my Thyroid was just a smidgen over active 2 points! She never took in the problems with the Birth Control pills I was on, never took in my eating disorder, or All the that I was in my life. Raging alcoholic/abusive parents. Basically She Killed my Thyroid by prescribed wrong Meds and Dose. A month later I no longer had a Thyroid, it created an Antibody against it. Now in my 40s my Thyroid still buggered, my weight goes up and down, I couldn't have children, went through menopause in my late 30s. Now have Type 1 Dibetes just diagnosed. Thanks Dr. Lawyers will be touch.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Van Den Berg has been my endocrinologist since I was passed off from a doctor who was untrained in treating my condition about 6 years ago. She's been golden from day 1. As a trans person, it's very difficult to find a doctor who respects you and treats you well. Would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. van den Berg has a calm pleasant manner. I appreciated how she listened to the difficulties I was having with pre-menopausal hormone related symptoms and worked with me to find a solution that I felt comfortable with. I have never felt better!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Fantastic experience. She is an advocate for her patients health, very professional, and an overall excellent doctor. I will be recommending her to all.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr. van den Berg is an amazing Dr! She not only listened to my issues and concerns, she took the time to understand my family medical history and mine! She is extremely knowledgeable, patient, understanding, helpful and kind! Her ability to see through all the issues and get to the root problem(s) of my medical issues was instrumental in getting me to another specialist for which every other Dr was turning a blind eye too for the last 2 years! She made me feel heard, respected and I feel very privileged to have Dr. van den Berg as part of my health care team! Thanks to her I finally have answers, while all the other Dr`s I was dealing with kept shrugging their shoulders. Thank you Dr. van den Berg, I don`t know where I would be today without you!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I've found Dr Van Den Berg to be compassionate ,very helpful ,and a very inspiring Healing Doctor. It is a true privilege for me to be able to see Dr Van Den Berg and I thank Dr Van den Berg every Day in my Heart

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Saw Dr van den Berg some years ago, when suffering with thyroid problems that were not responding to meds well. She was condescending, racist and unkind. She told me that because I had both native (Ojibwe) and Irish heritage that I was "destined to be fat and probably alcoholic" and that I should eat an "all meat" diet. This despite the fact that I have extremely complex and limiting food allergies and have been vegetarian due to both personal ethics and allergic reactions to seafood and meat protiens. Very dictatorial, it was her way or the highway. Her damning comments left me in tears. I would advise anyone, especially anyone with native heritage or overweight to stay well away!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016