Ratings for Dr. Mary A. Yurko

Missed my melanoma on my back in September 2010. Circled it with black marker only to have failed removing it. Thank God I went back to a reliable physician in the same office! Should have disclosed this sooner!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Yurko was knowledgeable, answered any questions I had, and had NO problem looking me in the eye during my visit (contrary to another review listed below). She and her staff were pleasant and kind. When my surgeon referred me to her, I was worried based on these reviews. I can now say, I do NOT believe she deserves them. Take all reviews with a grain of salt - personality is a subjective thing. I had a great appointment with Dr. Yurko. She removed three questionable moles and took the time to make sure I'd asked any questions I have. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to others. And after a year of cancer treatment (breast cancer), I've been around a LOT of doctors and medical staff.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Yurko's staff is cold and cryptic......which reflects the doctor herself. She has the worst interpersonal skills of any doctor I ever went to.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Yurko arrived well after my appointment start time and seemed very rushed and uninterested in any of my concerns. Often she would not even let me finish stating what my symptoms were before interupting, stating there was nothing she could do for me. I had to ask her several times to just let me finish explaining. She then left the room without so much as a conclusion to my visit, I had no idea we were even done. I felt completely ingnored, it was a waste of my time and money. Even if there was nothing she could do she wouldn't even offer any advise.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

The worst doctor expeirence in over 50 years of going to doctors. Yurko has no repsect for the patients needs or time. No follow up from staff. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Great doctor, very friendly and knowledgable. Felt at ease discussing my problem with her.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr Yurko always seemed rushed, I never had time to ask her questions. She would disappear and leave me with assistants who couldn't answer questions. Had issues with acne for years and she kept giving me the same things that never worked. I finally switched to another Dermatologist, whom I love. They actually listen to my questions and concerns. My skin has been clear for over a year thanks to them. I would never recommend Dr Yurko to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

I will not have a doctor that will not look me in the eye when speaking to me. Really dismissed my teenaged daughters concerns about her acne.I wanted to look at the skin care items they carry, but no one knew anything about them. Too bad. I am willing to spend a lot of money on my skin. Staff can't handle the phones and I get disconnected

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

These other comments are very accurate. Wait time was long. Not the most friendlist of people. Felt like she just wrote out the standard precription at me and out the door.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Yurko was rude and unfeeling - eyes closed when she talks to you - could care less about cutting your face to remove something you ask her about - acts like you are stupid if you are concerned about scarring - which it did - considerably - nurses were rude and made you feel like you shouldn't worry about scars - unhelpful and unkind. Made me feel stupid for asking questions!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Dr. Mary A. Yurko's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1988)