Ratings for Dr. Sherman J. Silber

Waited an hour in the waiting room that is adorned with images of Dr. Silber before I was told that it would be at least another hour before Dr. Silber would see me. I told the receptionist I could not wait that long, but would reschedule if this was just an 'off' day. She indicated this was a typical day and did not apologize for the inconvenience. If you don't have a job or anywhere else to be, go see Dr. Silber. Otherwise, don't waste your time like I just did.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I could say a million wonderful things about Dr. Silber and his whole team of people, but I will leave it at this: he gave me hope when I had lost all hope, he never made a promise that he didn't keep, and he is the best at what he does. It takes time to get into your first appointment and waiting room time is a bit long, but overall this has been one of the best experiences! Our baby is set to arrive at the beginning of next year and we couldn't be more thrilled.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

We wanted to share our appreciation to Dr. Silber, Dr. DeRosa and their staff. We are truly blessed with the arrival of daughter, Avalynn Grace. Families that have gone through the journey of trying to have a child know the significant challenges involved. The emotional and financial requirements demand strength and determination from the families. The process can be full of disappointments, heartache, and even unexperienced doctors. Dr. Silber, Dr. DeRosa, and their caring staff showed us that with experience, determination, optimism, and compassion, we can succeed. We have a beautiful daughter today and are truly thankful to them.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Silber is very knowledgeable, kind, and is straight forward.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

When my sister offered to be a surrogate for us I knew we had to go to the best fertility doctor, Dr. Silber! We had never done IVF but I had heard great reviews and he now has another person giving him more than 5 stars! He and his team are amazing! I simply cannot say enough about all of them. Dr. Silber is extremely professional. He gave us options but recommended what would be best for us and everything worked perfect. His staff was so comforting and I felt as though they held my hand through the whole process, explaining every detail thoroughly. I highly recommend Dr. Silber and his staff to anyone with infertility issues. We are beyond grateful and appreciate him expanding our family.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr Silber and team are legends and I am grateful beyond measure for their love, exceptional care, incredible knowledge and genuine inspiration. Dr Silber is a rare breed of doctor and indeed human being. He squeezed me in at short notice 3 days before my chemotherapy began, removed my ovary and was with me on e-mail every step of my journey. 22 months later he transplanted sections of my ovary back in and kept close tabs on me from a distance. No question was too minor, no complication too much of a hassle. Before anyone could have imagined I found myself pregnant and now have a 2 year old angel of a daughter. When I tell my story it sounds like science fiction - to go from chemo induced menopause as a young woman to pregnancy so quickly and to have defied all medical odds is testament to the miracle of life and indeed to this incredible team. He is a pioneer, a true healer, a wonderful man and every encounter we had was a joy. His energy and passion are infectious and I immense love for him and his amazing team. I could not recommend this doctor any more highly. My family are his number one fans

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr. Silber and his team are our heroes and here's our story why: After over a year of trying to conceive naturally and 5 rounds of IUI, a surgery to remove endometriosis revealed that I had many other medical complications that would make getting pregnant naturally very difficult. After much research, we decided to pair up with Dr. Silber. He explained that with the complications I had, our best chances of having a baby would be through in vitro fertilization and he suggested that we do the mini- stim cycle. One thing we noticed right away was that Dr. Silber had an eye for detail, my husband and I were both tested for various conditions, as to not miss a thing and increasing our chances of conceiving. We were both excited and very nervous to start the process. In January 2016, I started the stimulation medications, which with the help of Dr. Silber's coordinator, Rachel, the process seemed smooth and organized. I loved having my own personal coordinator who I could call or email anytime and get an almost immediate response back. We ended up getting over 20 healthy eggs and 11 beautiful day 5 embryos. Skip ahead to May 2016 when we transferred one healthy embryo back to me. It worked!! We were finally pregnant! And on January 12, 2017, all our dreams came true as we welcomed a gorgeous 6 pound 6 ounce baby girl with blue eyes and lots dark brown hair!! We could not be more thankful to have Dr Silber and his team in our lives. We will hope to give our little girl a brother or sister in the near future and we will be using Dr. Silber yet again. I highly recommend to anyone I know experiencing infertility to seek out care at the Infertility Center of St. Louis.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I loved working with Dr Silber and his staff. Everyone was helpful and answered any question you may have had. We had one failed transfer and went back for another, and now, we are 26 weeks pregnant with a baby boy! We are beyond excited. And should we chose to have another, we will defiantly be having Silver assist again. Without Silber, this would not have been possible, and we are very grateful for him and his services.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I am writing this review as I am holding my beautiful, sleeping, 1 month old baby boy. This is our second amazing son- both results of using Dr. Silber for IVF. I recognize how blessed we are to have two beautiful children as a result of Dr. Silber and his team and I am grateful to him every day. While his personality may be very direct which may feel cold to some, I really do believe he cares about his patient's outcomes. Along with our two successful pregnancies, we also had a failed transfer before we got pregnant with our first and a failed retrieval before we were successful with retrieving the egg for our second. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees with IVF. Fortunately, I genuinely believe that seeing someone as knowledgeable and experienced as Dr. Silber allowed us to become parents. I would (and do) certainly recommend Dr. Silber for IVF. Complete transparency, you will probably log some time in the waiting room before your consult but well worth it. He will spend as much time with you as you need when it is your turn and will not cut you off to get to his next patient.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Silber and his team are amazing! I believe that Dr. Silber and his team are the best in the country, if not the world! I have received only the best care and attention in my journey with IVF, specifically mini-IVF. My story is very common--I'm almost 44 years old and finally ready in my life to become a mother, and yet it would be too late for me on a biological level if it wasn't for today's Assisted Reproductive Technology. Dr. Silber has been a leader and pioneer in his field and continues to be so--he has helped thousands and thousands of women and couples achieve their dream of having a child/children. By seeking out his help, I too have a very good chance of realizing my dream! I would like to stress the importance of mini-IVF, or minimal-IVF stimulation, for my case and for other women in my age group, which is early 40s. I had heard all kinds of scary stories of women going through conventional IVF, what with the mood swings, the expensive costs of drugs and treatment, the long and drawn-out treatment itself, and the risk of hyper-stimulation syndrome. But mini-IVF is the way to go! After completing two cycles of this approach, I can say that it is more humane than the conventional approach. Minimal drugs, minimal expense, minimal duration of treatment, minimal risk (if any)--basically minimal discomfort and inconvenience! I highly recommend mini-IVF for women like me! There is excellent information about it on the Infertility Center of St. Louis's website that explains the approach and what it's all about. I truly believe that Dr. Silber is a real doctor in the sense that he cares about his patients rather than viewing them as just another case, that he cares about his patients' dreams and does his best to assist with them, that he is kind and generous and warm and fun! Yes, his warmth may just be the most notable quality for me--a doctor who practices compassion and a genuine desire to help is a true doctor in my book! You can't go wrong with Dr. Silber and his team! They will do everything they can to serve you in realizing one of the most powerful dreams of life!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Sherman J. Silber's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Over the last 35 years, Sherman J. Silber, M.D., has pioneered most of the “miracle” infertility treatments now accepted around the world for male as well as female infertility. These breakthroughs include microscopic vasectomy reversal, tubal ligation reversal, ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection), male infertility and improving success rates with IVF (in vitro fertilization) while reducing IVF costs and eliminating complications. Other areas include: egg freezing to preserve fertility, ovary transplantation and preserving fertility in cancer patients.

• English

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1966)