Ratings for Dr. Sherman J. Silber

Dr. Silber performed my husbands second attempt at a vasectomy reversal. He is an unbelievable surgeon and his staff are wonderful!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Choosing Dr. Silber and his team to help us get pregnant was the BEST decision we ever made. Everyone at this office is knowledgable, yet kind and sensitive. The journey of infertility is challenging, emotional, and very personal; yet their team held our hands the entire way and made it as easy and seamless as it possible. Our journey began because my husband didn't have any sperm (or at least we thought he didn't). After consulting with Dr. Silber he informed us of an operation that he could preform where he surgically removes the sperm from my husband. Dr. Silber performed this operation and the results were...SPERM! The first transfer unfortunately didn't work. But then again, Dr. Silber advised that he sedate me during the 2nd transfer. Whether it was because I was so relaxed or just the health of the embryos transferred we don't know...but we became pregnant and now have the most adorable twin daughters! My husband is very smart, and successful...he did a ton of research before choosing our doctor. He chose Dr. Silber because he is smart, knowledgable, and has the best results in the industry. Dr. Silber, we can't thank you enough for your commitment to infertility and each and every patient. We are forever indebted to you. I absolutely recommend Dr. Silber and his entire team!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Going through IVF can be a stressful and emotional roller coaster, but Dr. Silber and his staff help make the process easier and are there every step of the way! Deciding to take the next step and pursing IVF with Dr. Silber was one of the best decisions my husband and I made! The staff is extremely welcoming, helpful, and understanding. Dr. Silber is always very friendly and made us feel really comfortable. They make sure you understand all your results and instructions, and answer any questions you have. We are now pregnant with twins and couldn’t be more excited! He really does make dreams come true! I would highly recommend Dr. Silber and his staff!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

We had heard from many sources that when it comes to fertility, Dr. Silber is the best in the world. Our experience under his care has proved this to us beyond a doubt. We came to Dr. Silber with a unique fertility challenge, which was complicated by a rare genetic disease we wanted to avoid passing on to the baby at all costs. Dr. Silber consulted with us at length, taking the time to listen attentively to our unique issues, and then explaining (in plain English) the science behind what he does and the various options before us. Together, we came up with a strategy to achieve fertility and a plan to carry it out. The journey has been long and challenging at times, but Dr. Silber has been there for us every step of the way, answering questions, providing guidance, offering comfort. (With as busy as Dr. Silber is, I am surprised by the amount of time he is able to spend with any single patient.) So far, we are right on schedule and everything is working out the way Dr. Silber explained to us from the first time we met with him. We feel very fortunate to be working with Dr. Silber and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking fertility solutions.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr. Silber and staff are wonderful and helped my husband and I finally get pregnant after 5 years of trying to conceive. We had tried two other specialists and Dr. silber told us at our first meeting he could get me pregnant...and he was correct! He is very knowledgeable and in my opinion the best in his field. My husband really liked that he has a very straightforward treatment plan, that he doesn't waste time going through unnecessary testing and lays it all out on the table. I, on the other hand, really loved the warm and fuzzy staff who answered ALL of my million and one questions! I feel very fortunate that Dr. Silber is near where I live and thankful that I finally have my baby girl!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr.Silber and his team made the impossible reality. After 26 Years he restored my fertility. It took about 18 months, but now we are pregnant. Even if the surgery had not been successful I had the best hospital experience ever! Thank you with all my heart.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

After some reflection and more information I feel the need to add information to my original rating of Dr. Silber. I am the woman who has been trying to get pregnant using donor eggs since I was 48. I am now seeing my original fertility doctor. I also wanted to clear up some information. Yes you only meet Dr. Silber in person for your initial consultation. I think you can see him after a failed IVF cycle. However I live in New York and requested a phone consult. That WAS denied. The donor egg embryos and blastycis were frozen at 3 days instead of 5. Chromosomal abnormalities are more easily determined at 5 days. My present doctor asked if I knew why THE IVF with Dr. Silber had been done using fresh eggs at day 3. Coupled with what I already know I must change my rating. I would also like to discourage anyone from seeing this dr. for the above reasons and those I stated in my first rating. I do not believe he's vested in me or getting me pregnant. How could he? He didn't / doesn't know who I am! Find another fertility center and doctor! Please!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Dr. Sherman J. Silber

Dr. Sherman J. Silber's response
I am so sad to hear of your disappointment. I really tried to give you good advice, and I am still available to consult and advise you. I should point out that the live baby rate per egg is higher for day 3 transfer than for day 5 transfer. It is only the pregnancy rate per embryo that is higher for day 5 embryos. But per egg it is higher for day 3. We have found that to be statistically significant in over 10,000 cycle analyzed. So that is why in your case we preferred to use day 3 embryos. Of course we culture all extra embryos that are of ambiguous quality to day 5, 6, or 7. We are very good at that. We know that it is impossible to succeed in every case. But I do try my hardest. I am so sorry about your disappointment.

Submitted January 6, 2017

I have been attempting to get pregnant using donor eggs since I was 48. After 2 failed IVF s and 1 resulting in a miscarriage I was desperate and vulnerable. So I figured I needed a top notch doctor. When I saw Dr. Silber ' s website I thought I had found the answer. My husband and I went to St. Louis to meet with him. I thought he was personable and very nice. Best of all he was positive about my chances of becoming pregnant. He said he didn't see anything wrong in the ultrasound. He believed my lining had not been built up enough. This last part I was unaware of until after my failed IVF . So we found another egg donor, spent a week in a hotel and paid out of pocket for Dr. Silber' s expertise. As I stated the IVF failed. Dr. Silber did the procedure when my lining was a 6mm. This was a huge concern as my former infertility doctor wouldn't even consider doing the procedure until my lining was at LEAST an 8 mm. Was that the cause of the failed cycle? I'll never know but shouldn't the doctor treating you do EVERYTHING possible to ensure success? It is true that Dr. Silber will NOT meet with you after a failed IVF. He also had me on Lupron. My former doctor said it wasn't necessary. He also winced when I told him Dr. Silber performed IVF when my lining was 6mm. I don't think Dr. Silber was intentionally deceptive. My opinion is that he may believe himself to be more than he is. He may be an expert in some areas (even my Dr said " Oh he's big" when I mentioned his name) but I don't believe he is in donor egg IVF. I also feel he didnt have a vested interest in me. I only met him at the initial consult. Stacie, my nurse was wonderful but I should have been able to see Dr. Silber after the failed IVF. I do wish I had looked more carefully at these reviews. We spent an extraordinary amount of money out of pocket for a man we believed to be the best in his field. Not true.

Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Sherman J. Silber

Dr. Sherman J. Silber's response
Again, I want to tell you how sorry and sad I am about your disappointment. You have had a lot of grief even before you came to our center. I wish you only happiness and success and I am available for you any time. I should emphasize to you that I am”vested” in you and every patient and although my staff is extraordinarily competent, and welcome calls and visits 24/7 (and you know they are always patient and available any time or day or wait to answer any questions) nonetheless, if you just ask them to arrange it, I am also available. Now as to you 6mm lining, you and your local doctor I am afraid, are misinformed. A 6mm lining is not a problem at all if that is your normal thickness, if the triple layer is perfect, and if it is in sync with the stage of the embryo. I understand your sadness and your anger. If you give me a chance, I will try to make it up to you.

Submitted January 6, 2017

Doctor Silber does just want your money and does not care about the patients. Dr. Sherman Silber is very deceitful with his egg donation and lies about celebrities he treats. These woman needed help in having babies, yet they come across like it was natural. See See More, all she has to do is check the saliva of some of these celebrities and find the true biological, genetic mother. Kelly Preston is not the genetic mother of baby Ben and she is raising him in a narcissist religion. Even Dr. Silber will lie and cover up the truth while he creates babies that could be destined for a goat full of religion in this Scientology religion. I do not think that he is smart if he was capable of helping couples like these have babies through IVF and another woman's eggs. He better not be stupid and treat them again because we know the truth. Does he have a conscious???

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

My husband and I are in our 40's and had been doing fertility with other facilities for 5yrs when we decided to meet Dr Silber who came highly recommended by my primary care physician and GYN. I wish I would have listened to them sooner. Dr Silber suggested we do a couple of rounds of mini IVF'S to build our embryos to be implanted at a later date. He said that they have had success with this way of doing IVF. My husband and I trusted him. After a handful of mini IVF'S we did a embryo transfer in Aug that didn't work and did another in Dec that worked. We are now 4 months pregnant and couldn't be happier. We owe everything to Dr Silber and his staff. Dena was his nurse that we worked with and feel like we can talk to her about anything. I can't finish without also mentioning the other Dr that assists Dr Silber with his procedures, Dr Michael Derosa. He is amazing and we get to keep him throughout the pregnancy. I highly recommend this group.!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Dr. Sherman J. Silber's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Over the last 35 years, Sherman J. Silber, M.D., has pioneered most of the “miracle” infertility treatments now accepted around the world for male as well as female infertility. These breakthroughs include microscopic vasectomy reversal, tubal ligation reversal, ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection), male infertility and improving success rates with IVF (in vitro fertilization) while reducing IVF costs and eliminating complications. Other areas include: egg freezing to preserve fertility, ovary transplantation and preserving fertility in cancer patients.

• English

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1966)

Workers Comp