Ratings for Dr. Sherman J. Silber

I am writing this review as I am holding my beautiful, sleeping, 1 month old baby boy. This is our second amazing son- both results of using Dr. Silber for IVF. I recognize how blessed we are to have two beautiful children as a result of Dr. Silber and his team and I am grateful to him every day. While his personality may be very direct which may feel cold to some, I really do believe he cares about his patient's outcomes. Along with our two successful pregnancies, we also had a failed transfer before we got pregnant with our first and a failed retrieval before we were successful with retrieving the egg for our second. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees with IVF. Fortunately, I genuinely believe that seeing someone as knowledgeable and experienced as Dr. Silber allowed us to become parents. I would (and do) certainly recommend Dr. Silber for IVF. Complete transparency, you will probably log some time in the waiting room before your consult but well worth it. He will spend as much time with you as you need when it is your turn and will not cut you off to get to his next patient.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Silber and his team are amazing! I believe that Dr. Silber and his team are the best in the country, if not the world! I have received only the best care and attention in my journey with IVF, specifically mini-IVF. My story is very common--I'm almost 44 years old and finally ready in my life to become a mother, and yet it would be too late for me on a biological level if it wasn't for today's Assisted Reproductive Technology. Dr. Silber has been a leader and pioneer in his field and continues to be so--he has helped thousands and thousands of women and couples achieve their dream of having a child/children. By seeking out his help, I too have a very good chance of realizing my dream! I would like to stress the importance of mini-IVF, or minimal-IVF stimulation, for my case and for other women in my age group, which is early 40s. I had heard all kinds of scary stories of women going through conventional IVF, what with the mood swings, the expensive costs of drugs and treatment, the long and drawn-out treatment itself, and the risk of hyper-stimulation syndrome. But mini-IVF is the way to go! After completing two cycles of this approach, I can say that it is more humane than the conventional approach. Minimal drugs, minimal expense, minimal duration of treatment, minimal risk (if any)--basically minimal discomfort and inconvenience! I highly recommend mini-IVF for women like me! There is excellent information about it on the Infertility Center of St. Louis's website that explains the approach and what it's all about. I truly believe that Dr. Silber is a real doctor in the sense that he cares about his patients rather than viewing them as just another case, that he cares about his patients' dreams and does his best to assist with them, that he is kind and generous and warm and fun! Yes, his warmth may just be the most notable quality for me--a doctor who practices compassion and a genuine desire to help is a true doctor in my book! You can't go wrong with Dr. Silber and his team! They will do everything they can to serve you in realizing one of the most powerful dreams of life!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

We started the IVF process in January 2017. Both the TESE procedure and egg retrieval went as planned. Dr. Silber was able to get enough sperm to fertilize 5 eggs. The transfer went as planned and we will wait to see the results. We highly recommend Dr. Sherman's Silber and his team. Our coordinator Rachel was amazing. We're so blessed and miracles do happen, thank you!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

13 months after my vasectomy reversal, my wife and I have been blessed with a beautiful son. Many doctors told me a reversal would not be possible because it had been 15 years since my vasectomy. We are so happy we found Dr. Silber. I can't thank Dr. Silber and his helpful staff enough. Miracles do come true.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Silber helped us conceive in a few months after 9 years of trying with other fertility doctors.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Silber and his entire staff made our IVF journey an amazing experience. It is very scary when you first find out that the only way you can get pregnant is through IVF. You want the doctors and nurses to be caring and gentle, but you also want the best chances of getting pregnant possible, and we got all of that through Dr. Silber and his staff. Dr. Silber puts so much thought into each patient. He will do whatever he thinks necessary to make sure you get pregnant. Each procedure and doctor visit went as smoothly as it possibly could. From our coordinator, to the receptionist at the surgery center, to the nurse who walked us into surgery, I cannot say enough good things about each person we encountered. Every time we were told to switch medications, or try this procedure, we had full trust in them. And it worked out, because after our first frozen embryo transfer we are expecting our first baby girl!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. Silber and his team are wonderful! They helped us have both of our children through mini IVF, while another facility had put me through a million tests and treated me through 3 long IVF procedures and the same linear protocol as most of the other unexplained infertility patients, Dr. Silber explained why this treatment would not work well for us and did one simple ultrasound to develop a plan. He's a pioneer in the field, world renowned. He doesn’t mess around, and does the most he can to increase your odds on the first go-around. I can’t recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Silber performed my husbands second attempt at a vasectomy reversal. He is an unbelievable surgeon and his staff are wonderful!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Choosing Dr. Silber and his team to help us get pregnant was the BEST decision we ever made. Everyone at this office is knowledgable, yet kind and sensitive. The journey of infertility is challenging, emotional, and very personal; yet their team held our hands the entire way and made it as easy and seamless as it possible. Our journey began because my husband didn't have any sperm (or at least we thought he didn't). After consulting with Dr. Silber he informed us of an operation that he could preform where he surgically removes the sperm from my husband. Dr. Silber performed this operation and the results were...SPERM! The first transfer unfortunately didn't work. But then again, Dr. Silber advised that he sedate me during the 2nd transfer. Whether it was because I was so relaxed or just the health of the embryos transferred we don't know...but we became pregnant and now have the most adorable twin daughters! My husband is very smart, and successful...he did a ton of research before choosing our doctor. He chose Dr. Silber because he is smart, knowledgable, and has the best results in the industry. Dr. Silber, we can't thank you enough for your commitment to infertility and each and every patient. We are forever indebted to you. I absolutely recommend Dr. Silber and his entire team!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Going through IVF can be a stressful and emotional roller coaster, but Dr. Silber and his staff help make the process easier and are there every step of the way! Deciding to take the next step and pursing IVF with Dr. Silber was one of the best decisions my husband and I made! The staff is extremely welcoming, helpful, and understanding. Dr. Silber is always very friendly and made us feel really comfortable. They make sure you understand all your results and instructions, and answer any questions you have. We are now pregnant with twins and couldn’t be more excited! He really does make dreams come true! I would highly recommend Dr. Silber and his staff!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Sherman J. Silber's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Over the last 35 years, Sherman J. Silber, M.D., has pioneered most of the “miracle” infertility treatments now accepted around the world for male as well as female infertility. These breakthroughs include microscopic vasectomy reversal, tubal ligation reversal, ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection), male infertility and improving success rates with IVF (in vitro fertilization) while reducing IVF costs and eliminating complications. Other areas include: egg freezing to preserve fertility, ovary transplantation and preserving fertility in cancer patients.

• English

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1966)

Oxford