Ratings for Dr. Sherman J. Silber

I have been attempting to get pregnant using donor eggs since I was 48. After 2 failed IVF s and 1 resulting in a miscarriage I was desperate and vulnerable. So I figured I needed a top notch doctor. When I saw Dr. Silber ' s website I thought I had found the answer. My husband and I went to St. Louis to meet with him. I thought he was personable and very nice. Best of all he was positive about my chances of becoming pregnant. He said he didn't see anything wrong in the ultrasound. He believed my lining had not been built up enough. This last part I was unaware of until after my failed IVF . So we found another egg donor, spent a week in a hotel and paid out of pocket for Dr. Silber' s expertise. As I stated the IVF failed. Dr. Silber did the procedure when my lining was a 6mm. This was a huge concern as my former infertility doctor wouldn't even consider doing the procedure until my lining was at LEAST an 8 mm. Was that the cause of the failed cycle? I'll never know but shouldn't the doctor treating you do EVERYTHING possible to ensure success? It is true that Dr. Silber will NOT meet with you after a failed IVF. He also had me on Lupron. My former doctor said it wasn't necessary. He also winced when I told him Dr. Silber performed IVF when my lining was 6mm. I don't think Dr. Silber was intentionally deceptive. My opinion is that he may believe himself to be more than he is. He may be an expert in some areas (even my Dr said " Oh he's big" when I mentioned his name) but I don't believe he is in donor egg IVF. I also feel he didnt have a vested interest in me. I only met him at the initial consult. Stacie, my nurse was wonderful but I should have been able to see Dr. Silber after the failed IVF. I do wish I had looked more carefully at these reviews. We spent an extraordinary amount of money out of pocket for a man we believed to be the best in his field. Not true.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I believe some celebrities have come here to do IVF and receive egg donations; Apparently I believe Kelly Preson got donated eggs through Dr. Silber from a younger woman. She has tried for years to get pregnant so thus they went to Dr. Silber to achieve a pregnancy through DONOR EGGS. The egg donor is very BItter. I believe Dr. Silber is a lier and all you have to do is test her saliva and the DNA proves she is not the biological genetic mother Therefore, she is not the genetic mother. The Travolta family only uses people and tried to cover up with baby Ben. HIS life will be ruined by being a Scientologist I hope he will not treat them again, (Dr. Silber)

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

My husband and I are in our 40's and had been doing fertility with other facilities for 5yrs when we decided to meet Dr Silber who came highly recommended by my primary care physician and GYN. I wish I would have listened to them sooner. Dr Silber suggested we do a couple of rounds of mini IVF'S to build our embryos to be implanted at a later date. He said that they have had success with this way of doing IVF. My husband and I trusted him. After a handful of mini IVF'S we did a embryo transfer in Aug that didn't work and did another in Dec that worked. We are now 4 months pregnant and couldn't be happier. We owe everything to Dr Silber and his staff. Dena was his nurse that we worked with and feel like we can talk to her about anything. I can't finish without also mentioning the other Dr that assists Dr Silber with his procedures, Dr Michael Derosa. He is amazing and we get to keep him throughout the pregnancy. I highly recommend this group.!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I was looking for best infertility specialist online and it immediately popped Dr. Silber's name. I was immensely impressed with his experience and expertise in the field. We were offered to do mini IVF protocol due to my extremely low ovarian reserve. We did two cycles, made 5 embryos and our first transfer of 2 embryos resulted in triplet pregnancy. My triplets have arrived and we couldn't be happier. I had an amazing experience with Dr. Silber and his team. Dr's. Silber and Pineda are very knowledgeable. I had complete trust in their decisions from day one. Rachael was my co-ordinator, very nice person and would love to have her again when go for our remaining embryos transfer.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

We had a great experience overall with Dr. Silber. He was recommended by a friend and was our last hope after trying to conceive for over 7 years. There was a long wait for our initial consultation, but when we saw him, he had reviewed our information and was very knowledgeable and helpful. He recommended the mini-IVF protocol as the best way to have a child using my eggs due to my age (41 at that point). Our coordinators were also very helpful. Two cycles of mini-IVF produced 4 embryos; our first transfer was sadly unsuccessful but am now 8 months pregnant from the second transfer! We were disappointed to find that St Luke's hospital had massively increased their transfer fees between the 1st transfer which was included in what we paid initially and the 2nd transfer - we felt that rates should be kept constant for existing patients with embryos in the freezer. But this was not Dr. Silber's fault. He did use guided ultrasound for the 2nd transfer. We are now eagerly looking forward to the arrival of our baby girl and greatly appreciate the help of Dr. Silber and Dr. DeRosa.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

My husband and I struggled with infertility for years. DH had a vasectomy done about 12 years ago. We tried to get it reversed here is Canada, but 1 year after the surgery, we learned it was not successful. We where then referred to a Fertility Clinic. We tried IVF in another clinic twice, both unsuccessful. We were told by the doctors I would never be able to get pregnant with my husband sperm, that his sperm from Tesa had a horrible quality, and that I was not a good candidate for ivf because I was too young (30 years old) and would always suffer from OHSS, which resulted in many low quality eggs. When we first went to see doctor Silber, DH and I were very frustated and disbelieved after our failed IVF trials and what other doctors have told us. Our visit with Dr Silber was great, he encouraged us, told us to forget everything we had gone though, and he apologized for the horrible previous experience we went though. He told us to give my body a break from the horrible and heavy load of hormones the other Doctors put me tough, and recommended us to do a Mini IVF protocol, which he thought would stress my body the least and give us the best quality eggs. Doctor Silber was kind, and VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE! After 2 years off the roller coaster IVF experience, he finally put us at easy. We felt confident in him. We left his office feeling hopeful again. So 4 months after, we went back to St Louis, and started the treatment. He retrieved great quality sperm from DH though Tesa, the same day and my egg retrieval. We retrieved 5 eggs, which resulted in 4 perfect embryos. I am currently pregnant! First trial with Dr Silber! We are VERY THANKFUL to have met doctor Silber, I will be forever thankful to him. His staff was wonderful, always easy to reach and right there at every step on the way. I only wish we came to see him right after we found out about our infertility issues, would have save us tons of emotional destress, not to say about all the wasted money. Thank you Dr Silber and all Staff! May God bless each of you, you all have a beautiful gift of making so many families truly complete. We highly recommend Dr Silber, save yourself tears and money and go straight to the best and most knowledge doctor. Good luck to you all

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

My husband and I started trying to conceive in November of 2011. We pursued different treatment options after over a year of not getting pregnant. After spending precious time and money for treatments/procedures that did not work at another infertility specialists, we decided it was time to research infertility specialists to find one that could help us achieve our dream of becoming parents. We had our initial meeting with Dr. Silber in October of 2014. He was honest and caring about our situation. He told us exactly what he thought would help us achieve our dream. We soon decided to pursue what he recommended (IVF). Every person that we came in contact with in the office was very helpful throughout the process. Dr. Silber was honest in his recommendations. I knew he was doing what was best for me/my husband. I knew that he, too, had the goal for us to be biological parents. I am now 33 weeks pregnant with a baby girl (due March 2016) and I cannot say how thankful I am that we had that meeting with him in October 2014.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I did not have issues with infertility, but pregnancies with unhealthy babies. I checked on infertility treatments with PGD in my home town and was told I have a 12% chance of success. That sounded pitiful. I went online and found Dr. Silber. I drove 6 hours to meet with him. He was the only Dr. To stick his neck out and say I should do egg donation to avoid past issues. I trusted his knowledge and went ahead with it. I was able to cut costs by luckily using a known donor. I got pregnant on first try and now have a healthy baby. I owe it to my determination to have a healthy baby and finding the right Dr. To do the procedure and claim a 50% chance of success. Thank you so much Dr. Silber. My life is more complete now. We may be back for more in future!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

He isna very good doctor who tries to correct people xs He is a very seasoned doctor who tries to help people with infertility issues . I have traveledna very long way to seek treatment asnwell

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Absolutely horrible experience this Dr almost killed me .Have a ton of bills from complications now and we are out over 40k and no baby..he doesn't care! He is all nice until he gets your money in his hands. Terrible bedside manners!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Sherman J. Silber's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1966)