Ratings for Dr. Sherman J. Silber

My husband and I started trying to conceive in November of 2011. We pursued different treatment options after over a year of not getting pregnant. After spending precious time and money for treatments/procedures that did not work at another infertility specialists, we decided it was time to research infertility specialists to find one that could help us achieve our dream of becoming parents. We had our initial meeting with Dr. Silber in October of 2014. He was honest and caring about our situation. He told us exactly what he thought would help us achieve our dream. We soon decided to pursue what he recommended (IVF). Every person that we came in contact with in the office was very helpful throughout the process. Dr. Silber was honest in his recommendations. I knew he was doing what was best for me/my husband. I knew that he, too, had the goal for us to be biological parents. I am now 33 weeks pregnant with a baby girl (due March 2016) and I cannot say how thankful I am that we had that meeting with him in October 2014.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I did not have issues with infertility, but pregnancies with unhealthy babies. I checked on infertility treatments with PGD in my home town and was told I have a 12% chance of success. That sounded pitiful. I went online and found Dr. Silber. I drove 6 hours to meet with him. He was the only Dr. To stick his neck out and say I should do egg donation to avoid past issues. I trusted his knowledge and went ahead with it. I was able to cut costs by luckily using a known donor. I got pregnant on first try and now have a healthy baby. I owe it to my determination to have a healthy baby and finding the right Dr. To do the procedure and claim a 50% chance of success. Thank you so much Dr. Silber. My life is more complete now. We may be back for more in future!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

He isna very good doctor who tries to correct people xs He is a very seasoned doctor who tries to help people with infertility issues . I have traveledna very long way to seek treatment asnwell

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Absolutely horrible experience this Dr almost killed me .Have a ton of bills from complications now and we are out over 40k and no baby..he doesn't care! He is all nice until he gets your money in his hands. Terrible bedside manners!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Very experienced - and that's what you need with fertility issues

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Doctor Silber is amazing. He is knows what he is doing and is honest. After 8 years of seeing doctors and no one knowing what was wrong with me or was able to help me, I walked into his office and within 5 minutes he knew exactly what to do. Because of you I have a beautiful baby girl and a little boy that is less then 6 weeks from being born. Maybe he seems a little sure of himself, but that is because he should be. I had horrible experience during other IVF and IUI prodedures but Dr. SIlber made me feel so relaxed and comfortable that I didn't even know the procedure was happening. I credit that to part of why it worked this time. My family and I love Dr. Silber.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I was with dr. Silber for 4 years. Please do not go to him. Staff is rude and uncaring. Dr. Silber couldn't pick me out in a line up to save his life. If you're looking for a baby factory you found the right place. otherwise.... Run!!! I received a "I'm sorry letter" 4 months later asking for another chance and more money. I was so hurt and offended. I never want anyone to feel that pain. SIRM is amazing!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Waited an hour and received no update from the staff about when the doctor would see us. After we asked to cancel the appointment, they were suddenly ready to send us back but made another patient wait who actually had an appointment before ours. The consultation was brief and the doctor only discussed IVF. When we asked about other options he told us there were none and on his notes he said he thought it was stupid to consider anything other than an IVF. He took a personal phone call in the middle of our meeting. When the first tape cassette didn't work in his recorder he scolded a member of his staff. This place is just a IVF factory. They don't seem to care about the patients. Needless to say we won't be seeing him again.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Sherman J. Silber's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1966)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I started trying to conceive in November of 2011. We pursued different treatment options after over a year of not getting pregnant. After spend..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I did not have issues with infertility, but pregnancies with unhealthy babies. I checked on infertility treatments with PGD in my home town and was told I have..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He isna very good doctor who tries to correct people xs He is a very seasoned doctor who tries to help people with infertility issues . I have traveledna ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely horrible experience this Dr almost killed me .Have a ton of bills from complications now and we are out over 40k and no baby..he doesn't care! He is ..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Very experienced - and that's what you need with fertility issues"

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Silber is amazing. He is knows what he is doing and is honest. After 8 years of seeing doctors and no one knowing what was wrong with me or was able to h..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Please DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. They care about your money and that is it!!!They waste all your precious time without any mercy."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was with dr. Silber for 4 years. Please do not go to him. Staff is rude and uncaring. Dr. Silber couldn't pick me out in a line up to save his life. If you're..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Waited an hour and received no update from the staff about when the doctor would see us. After we asked to cancel the appointment, they were suddenly ready to s..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Silber and his team to be liers with the egg donation process when I donated eggs. I feel he is a deceiver. He is not trustworthy and he will help ..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Silber online while searching about IVF. I had seen another doctor about this, and wasn't happy with her so I decided to make an appointment with D..."

September 9, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

May 7, 2013
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

May 7, 2013
  • Specialty changed from "Surgeon" to "Reproductive Endocrinologist"

February 21, 2013