Ratings for Dr. Patrick Carroll

Very investigating doctor who is honest and forthright. Doesnt hide anything .

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

Very knowledgeable, excellent doctor and staff..accessible and easy to talk to

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dealt with my mother.... has a God complex, no beside manor. Why is he still practicing if he so openly despises the system he works in, the colleagues in his own industry and the patients he treats.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

So where do i start. Doctor he calls himself. That a joke. He is the rudest arrogant abrupt person i have ever met in my life. He has been treating my mother at Peninsula Private Hostpital e last 7 days. She was transferred there as there were no beds available at the Caboolture public or private. Tests came back that she had a urine infection, chest infection and a triponin leak. Her doctoer there was Doctor Carroll. Mum had been to this hospital on 2 other occasions and we realized that this man would be her doctor again.when he first saw us my sister said we are back again. It had been quite a while since we had seen him but i remembered what he was like so i said just remember what he was like don't let him get to you. My mother is nearly 96 and has Dementia. He said to us do you really want to trat her with antibiotics as he could not se the point because of her age and felt like it was a waste of time. He told us to talk it over as a family and let him know the next day what we wanted to do. We were horrified by this we did discuss it and decided that she deserved to be treated just like anyone else. The next night we told him of our decision and before we could say anything he said it doesn't matter as she doesn't have any infections anymore. They disappeared over night NOT. Because of mums age she has had quite a few urine infections before and we know they don't go away that quick. I believe he didn't want to waste his time treating her. He also said she has had a good life why would you want to keep giving her antibiotics she won't be around for much longer. He also confirmed that she has bowel cancer we already new there was a chance from her GP. In conclusion he thinks it is a waste of his time treating my mother as she will be dead soon. In the 7 days that my mother was there he may have only examined her once and spent the rest of the time being extremely rude to my sister and me. The triponin leak he wasn't interested in. While i live and breathe air this arrogant pig of a doctor if thats what he is called will never touch or treat our mother again. She still breathes air so she is intitled to the best treatment and not treated like garbage. She is a DVA Gold Card Holder and she should recieve better than this. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PERSON TO ANYONE NOT EVEN IF THEY WERE DESPERATE.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Patrick Carroll. He is direct and he honest and I wouldn't have it any other way! This man and his team saved my life recently as I was so very ill, and I was not expected to live. Dr. Carroll's Concern and care is on going after my 4 week stay in hospital. With follow up Out Patient care, I know that I personally need to now take control, following his instruction to become healthier and as strong as I can become, even at my age of 65yrs. I would highly recommend Dr. Carroll to any one who appreciates truth and who is prepared to listen to his suggestion of what is required to become healthier than what they are. Thank You to Dr.Doctor Carroll, his Assisting Doctors and to all the nurses and other staff throughout the hospital that I came in contact with. Keep up your great work!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

likewise - as someone else commented back in July 2016....we were told that my husband had had a heart attack by this man. He wanted to send him home but we insisted that my husband be transferred to the Holy Spirit hospital. He was reluctant to do so but we were insistant. An angiogram was performed and, guess what, NO HEART attack!!!! My husbands Troponin levels were up because he actually had pulmonary oedema!!!! This man is, in my opinion, a fool and should retire. He is a geriatician - not a cardiac specialist and is probably a danger to his patients. A minus rating from me.......

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I found this doctor to be quite rude overall with complete disregard for bedside manner, and about as much tact as a meat axe. Would not recommend!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I saw Dr Carroll yesterday, 29 Oct, for the first time. I found him very straight forward, and he went directly to the point. The advice he gave, regarding my pending operation, 7 November, was excellent. He said that he will see me, on the morning of my op, to answer any questions that I may have. One of his traits, that may upset some people, is his dislike of fools, whom he has a very low tolerance level. Be straight with him, follow his learned advice, and you will have a great doctor/patient relationship.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I was rushed to RedcIffe Hospital after suffering complications from an operation. My Specialist and Dr Carroll came to the hospital with me. My specialist and Dr Carroll visited me every day I was there, giving me updates on my condition. Not once was Dr Carroll not a gentleman, never swore or was anything but sympathetic to my condition. He's very hard working and doesn't seem to ever go home.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

First crossed swords with Dr. Pat just on 17 years ago. Told me I had suffered a heart attack. I didn't know what had happened as I had just come to in his hospital. After some 3 or 4 days of 'taking turns' and being treated by his idiot side kick a little Irish lass was on some kind of work experience. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE IRISH. I couldn't understand a word she said - didn't matter really she was quite pleasant on the eye. She nailed my problem in 5 mins. Pat's pet parrot of a 'strapper' thought it was o.k. to adopt the same attitude as the boss. The staff thought he was 'punch drunk' after one verbal head-butt that he received. The wife had been referred to Pat a few years back. He read her hospital notes and must have chucked them in the bin - we never heard from him. One thing about him is that he can cop a return serve without dropping the bottom lip. IGNORANCE - well 'we' the public have made him the ignorant sod that he is so I guess he looks after the ones that are worth the effort. Too many bludgers trying to get a free ride.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016