Ratings for Dr. Patrick Carroll

First crossed swords with Dr. Pat just on 17 years ago. Told me I had suffered a heart attack. I didn't know what had happened as I had just come to in his hospital. After some 3 or 4 days of 'taking turns' and being treated by his idiot side kick a little Irish lass was on some kind of work experience. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE IRISH. I couldn't understand a word she said - didn't matter really she was quite pleasant on the eye. She nailed my problem in 5 mins. Pat's pet parrot of a 'strapper' thought it was o.k. to adopt the same attitude as the boss. The staff thought he was 'punch drunk' after one verbal head-butt that he received. The wife had been referred to Pat a few years back. He read her hospital notes and must have chucked them in the bin - we never heard from him. One thing about him is that he can cop a return serve without dropping the bottom lip. IGNORANCE - well 'we' the public have made him the ignorant sod that he is so I guess he looks after the ones that are worth the effort. Too many bludgers trying to get a free ride.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I saw Dr Carroll today for the first time. I had read his ratings before the appointment, I don't know how he got such terrible comments, I found him very nice. Sure, he's down to earth, he told me a few home truths about my general health, and why the condition I now have will suffer if I don't think about, and change my lifestyle. I recently had elective orthopaedic surgery and as a result a blood formed in my leg. I can accept that, it's a risk I took, but under his guidance and understanding of the condition I will improve. Yes I have to loose weight, half of Australia are in the same sinking boat, but I knew that, and Dr Carroll explained what would happen if I didn't, I would throughly recommend him if you want an honest answer to your medical issue.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Smartest doctor I know! .

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

This nasty ignorant old man has just gutted my family with an awful, rude, ill informed throw away line. Although my family member has been monitored for, but never diagnosed with diabetes, this ignorant piece of excrement felt the need to berate my family member about his weight. His words were " the diabetes is not helping and you need to lose 30 or 40 kilos." Just a rude nasty, ignorant old man who decided to take out his bad day on a patient. He has devastated my family members with his rude ans uncalled for manner. He has no concept of the impact of his words.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

I went to Dr Carroll at Redcliffe as a public patient after a hospital admission. He had no idea where to start and did a blood test and said he would see me in 3 months! I had been suffering for 8 months but was only interested in my weight and told me his weight loss story. Sent a report to my GP which was a summary of all I had told him and referred to me as this unfortunate woman! Thank goodness for an excellent GP and a wonderful chest physician at Prince Charles Hospital.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Found him rude, dismissive and disparaging. In a medical report he wrote incorrect information, personal and insulting remarks and excluded information relevant to my condition. It was so misleading that a dissenting report had to be issued. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

This comment will be blocked because any site that puts adverts for 'Meet Thai Ladies' on a 'Rate your Doctor' site are just selling advertising space and giving misinformation.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

He is a rude, arrogant and abrupt pig with no compassion what so ever. He treats people as just another chart and a number to be dealt with. I'm not sure what his direct staff are like but mention his name to any other medical professional not associated with him and watch the reactions. We have had 2 doctors and 2 specialists from other north side hospitals roll their eyes and apologise about him. He is a disgrace.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

An incompetent abrupt, surly person. I was in hospital for 5 days, then sent home with no knowledge of what was wrong with me. Found out from my local Dr there's no problem with me

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014