Ratings for Dr. Patrick Carroll

This nasty ignorant old man has just gutted my family with an awful, rude, ill informed throw away line. Although my family member has been monitored for, but never diagnosed with diabetes, this ignorant piece of excrement felt the need to berate my family member about his weight. His words were " the diabetes is not helping and you need to lose 30 or 40 kilos." Just a rude nasty, ignorant old man who decided to take out his bad day on a patient. He has devastated my family members with his rude ans uncalled for manner. He has no concept of the impact of his words.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

I went to Dr Carroll at Redcliffe as a public patient after a hospital admission. He had no idea where to start and did a blood test and said he would see me in 3 months! I had been suffering for 8 months but was only interested in my weight and told me his weight loss story. Sent a report to my GP which was a summary of all I had told him and referred to me as this unfortunate woman! Thank goodness for an excellent GP and a wonderful chest physician at Prince Charles Hospital.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Found him rude, dismissive and disparaging. In a medical report he wrote incorrect information, personal and insulting remarks and excluded information relevant to my condition. It was so misleading that a dissenting report had to be issued. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

This comment will be blocked because any site that puts adverts for 'Meet Thai Ladies' on a 'Rate your Doctor' site are just selling advertising space and giving misinformation.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

He is a rude, arrogant and abrupt pig with no compassion what so ever. He treats people as just another chart and a number to be dealt with. I'm not sure what his direct staff are like but mention his name to any other medical professional not associated with him and watch the reactions. We have had 2 doctors and 2 specialists from other north side hospitals roll their eyes and apologise about him. He is a disgrace.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

An incompetent abrupt, surly person. I was in hospital for 5 days, then sent home with no knowledge of what was wrong with me. Found out from my local Dr there's no problem with me

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

watch this space!! I am giving you an 3 as I am yet to see you....gee wizz Dr Carol be nice to me... yes I am overwieght I do not know why.. Yes I have some really weird goings on and to top it off I am an RN.... and RM been through lots and no one knows really why I would like to follow this with a positive experience as I have met some of the straight forward Medical Practitioner/specialist as they come... I think I am seeing you in a couple of week and just doing my homework... as we Nurses do.. to see you are up to standard... I am sure you are!

Submitted August 9, 2013

misdiagnosed, told my father he had lung cancer. He did not. he did have pneumonia a collapsed L lobe, and looked like a prisoner of war, which he did not treat, until after a number of weeks I suggested a prescription of amoxil. The amoxil was enough to help my very sick father fight the pneumonia and slowly over months claw his way back to health on his own. Expect a little more from a Physican.. He also said the 'F' word to my father, who was so shocked.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

Dr Carroll is an outstanding Physician. His knowledge of Internal Medicine, pharmaceutics, diagnostics and relevant treatment is unsurpassed. I spent my entire working life in the Public Health system as a medical scientist in Pathology, and have wide experience in many facets of healthcare. Dr Carroll aims to provide each patient with an accurate, comprehensive and true diagnosis, treatment and plan for their continued well being. He has no incentive to tell people what they want to hear, but tells patients the truth about their condition based on his encyclopaedic medical knowledge. He can simplify the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment regime for people who cannot comprehend his report. His time is highly limited, and he is not there to stroke egos. Patients need to know when they are obese and living a poor lifestyle (smoking, drinking, eating to excess) which all contribute to their ailments. He advises patients to change these actions to assist themselves. A dedicated Physician!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Patrick Carroll's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This nasty ignorant old man has just gutted my family with an awful, rude, ill informed throw away line. Although my family member has been monitored for, but n..."

February 7, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Carroll at Redcliffe as a public patient after a hospital admission. He had no idea where to start and did a blood test and said he would see me in..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Found him rude, dismissive and disparaging. In a medical report he wrote incorrect information, personal and insulting remarks and excluded information relevan..."

March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This comment will be blocked because any site that puts adverts for 'Meet Thai Ladies' on a 'Rate your Doctor' site are just selling advertising space and givin..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is a rude, arrogant and abrupt pig with no compassion what so ever. He treats people as just another chart and a number to be dealt with. I'm not sure what h..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "An incompetent abrupt, surly person. I was in hospital for 5 days, then sent home with no knowledge of what was wrong with me. Found out from my local Dr there'..."

December 8, 2014