Ratings for Dr. Patrick Carroll

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Patrick Carroll. He is direct and he honest and I wouldn't have it any other way! This man and his team saved my life recently as I was so very ill, and I was not expected to live. Dr. Carroll's Concern and care is on going after my 4 week stay in hospital. With follow up Out Patient care, I know that I personally need to now take control, following his instruction to become healthier and as strong as I can become, even at my age of 65yrs. I would highly recommend Dr. Carroll to any one who appreciates truth and who is prepared to listen to his suggestion of what is required to become healthier than what they are. Thank You to Dr.Doctor Carroll, his Assisting Doctors and to all the nurses and other staff throughout the hospital that I came in contact with. Keep up your great work!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

likewise - as someone else commented back in July 2016....we were told that my husband had had a heart attack by this man. He wanted to send him home but we insisted that my husband be transferred to the Holy Spirit hospital. He was reluctant to do so but we were insistant. An angiogram was performed and, guess what, NO HEART attack!!!! My husbands Troponin levels were up because he actually had pulmonary oedema!!!! This man is, in my opinion, a fool and should retire. He is a geriatician - not a cardiac specialist and is probably a danger to his patients. A minus rating from me.......

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I found this doctor to be quite rude overall with complete disregard for bedside manner, and about as much tact as a meat axe. Would not recommend!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I saw Dr Carroll yesterday, 29 Oct, for the first time. I found him very straight forward, and he went directly to the point. The advice he gave, regarding my pending operation, 7 November, was excellent. He said that he will see me, on the morning of my op, to answer any questions that I may have. One of his traits, that may upset some people, is his dislike of fools, whom he has a very low tolerance level. Be straight with him, follow his learned advice, and you will have a great doctor/patient relationship.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I was rushed to RedcIffe Hospital after suffering complications from an operation. My Specialist and Dr Carroll came to the hospital with me. My specialist and Dr Carroll visited me every day I was there, giving me updates on my condition. Not once was Dr Carroll not a gentleman, never swore or was anything but sympathetic to my condition. He's very hard working and doesn't seem to ever go home.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

First crossed swords with Dr. Pat just on 17 years ago. Told me I had suffered a heart attack. I didn't know what had happened as I had just come to in his hospital. After some 3 or 4 days of 'taking turns' and being treated by his idiot side kick a little Irish lass was on some kind of work experience. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE IRISH. I couldn't understand a word she said - didn't matter really she was quite pleasant on the eye. She nailed my problem in 5 mins. Pat's pet parrot of a 'strapper' thought it was o.k. to adopt the same attitude as the boss. The staff thought he was 'punch drunk' after one verbal head-butt that he received. The wife had been referred to Pat a few years back. He read her hospital notes and must have chucked them in the bin - we never heard from him. One thing about him is that he can cop a return serve without dropping the bottom lip. IGNORANCE - well 'we' the public have made him the ignorant sod that he is so I guess he looks after the ones that are worth the effort. Too many bludgers trying to get a free ride.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I saw Dr Carroll today for the first time. I had read his ratings before the appointment, I don't know how he got such terrible comments, I found him very nice. Sure, he's down to earth, he told me a few home truths about my general health, and why the condition I now have will suffer if I don't think about, and change my lifestyle. I recently had elective orthopaedic surgery and as a result a blood formed in my leg. I can accept that, it's a risk I took, but under his guidance and understanding of the condition I will improve. Yes I have to loose weight, half of Australia are in the same sinking boat, but I knew that, and Dr Carroll explained what would happen if I didn't, I would throughly recommend him if you want an honest answer to your medical issue.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Smartest doctor I know! .

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

This nasty ignorant old man has just gutted my family with an awful, rude, ill informed throw away line. Although my family member has been monitored for, but never diagnosed with diabetes, this ignorant piece of excrement felt the need to berate my family member about his weight. His words were " the diabetes is not helping and you need to lose 30 or 40 kilos." Just a rude nasty, ignorant old man who decided to take out his bad day on a patient. He has devastated my family members with his rude ans uncalled for manner. He has no concept of the impact of his words.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

I went to Dr Carroll at Redcliffe as a public patient after a hospital admission. He had no idea where to start and did a blood test and said he would see me in 3 months! I had been suffering for 8 months but was only interested in my weight and told me his weight loss story. Sent a report to my GP which was a summary of all I had told him and referred to me as this unfortunate woman! Thank goodness for an excellent GP and a wonderful chest physician at Prince Charles Hospital.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015