Ratings for Dr. Gordon W. Poznikoff

The Dr. himself was great. He did an initial exam and let me know all my treatment options and offered to have an estimate sent to my insurance company so that I could be prepared for the costs. He was very friendly and even let my kids choose a prize for sitting nicely and they didn't have any work done. It was a relief feeling like I'd finally found a dentist I could have a positive trusting relationship with, because the dentist isn't my favourite place to go due to some previous negative experiences. His receptionist Heather was frustrating to deal with. She billed my insurance company and then started calling me saying that she emailed an invoice to me. I told her I hadn't received anything. I had to speak to her 3 times regarding this, the first time she typed my e-mail address into the computer wrong which is why I didn't receive the invoice, the 2nd time she blamed the computer software so I didn't receive it again and the third time she called to say it was still outstanding. When I finally reviewed it, I asked her what the 3rd party payment was. She said it was the payment from my insurance company. I asked her, why if I had two insurances there was only one payment on the receipt. She said she didn't know I had two insurance coverages even though I told her at the first appointment, I wrote it on the chart under the insurance section and my wife has been a patient for years and has been using both of our plans. Also there were several preauthorizations sent to my insurance company without my consent that were for things other than what was discussed with Dr. Poznikoff. Hoping they weren't trying to milk my insurance as my wife has enjoyed seeing him for years and doesn't want to change and since my old dentist retired I was glad to find someone else I could comfortably see regarding my teeth. I'm not sure if it's worth it to contact the ADA or if it was an honest mistake.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I have been going to Doctor Poznikoff for 20 years of excellent work, he is the best I have ever been to. I do not believe the patient that said the Doctor worked on the wrong tooth there must be some animosity there some where.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Best dentist ever. Makes you feel relaxed and takes the time to explain hints to you. Hygienists are awesome here too.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Awesome dentist. I was very lucky to find him through rate md. He's very friendly, knowledgeable and caring. Most importantly he's very reasonable on his fees unlike some other dentists who wants to milk money from you. The staffs are great especially Heather.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Best Dentist Ever always on time and flexible. Very honest and helpful. Has worked with our whole family for years and I feel fortunate to have found him for myself and my family.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Poznikoff for around 20 years, and my 2 teenaged boys have always gone to him. He is the best dentist ever! Always on time, super friendly, great with kids, and only does work that is truly necessary. I've moved away, and still drive almost 2 hours to see him as I can't bear to go to a different dentist. Thank you Dr. Poz!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Straight 5s says it all. But now I have to add more words because when I pressed "rate this doctor" I received the following message "This field must be over 50 characters. Now there are more than 50 characters as there are 237 exactly.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Poznikoff's for 15 years and he has always been gentle and conservative with treatment. Maybe his fees are a little higher, but you get what you pay for.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Money - Hungary dentist ... rates are higher than other dentists . When one does not have insurance , this is an issue !!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Unprofessional and incompetent. Did root canal on wrong tooth.

Submitted October 4, 2014