Ratings for Dr. Ramesh P. Babu

STAY AWAY. Ever since he performed surgery on me in 2009 my health quickly started to deteriorate. I have nerve damage I have never had before, and am now at the point that I am having seizures. Requested a mri after his surgery bc I started getting pressure in my head that i never had and now I am having seizures. My health was perfect (other than the pain in my spine,) before seeing him. After the surgery, I wound up w MRSA 7 times the last 2 almost killed me. 2 months after the surgery I wound up w pylonethritus and had utis every 2 months. Even developed COLD URTICARIA THAT I NEVER HAD. Now it has got to the point that I am having seizures. I am seeing a new neurologist with my own insurance bc the seizures are quite frightening and I feel them coming on. They start w pressure in my neck (where the metal plate and screws are, then I get pressure in my neck which goes into my head and I start to vomit.) These were all the same symptoms I had immediately after he performed surgery. I told him about it 3 times after my surgery and he told me that it had nothing to do with his surgery and to not return to his office. I called over a year ago to request my medical records and was repeatedly asked why I needed them and was told on the phone that they couldnt quarantee they would be sent. They NEVER sent them. Am now picking up the pace to see a new neurologist who is ordering a mri of my brain as well as my neck amd upper back. Will also be contacting a regular lawyer bc wver since seekng this man, I have become very sick, both physically and mentally. I have fallen into deep depression and have panic attacks which lead to my seizures. I feel as though I was forced to settle my workers comp case, so now will be looking for the advice of a regular lawyer, bc NO ONE should have to live like this. Even found out that i have nerve damage that I never had before since he performed the surgery

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I am very grateful to the doctor for what he gave me back to life, I am now a normal person, and I'm not an invalid God give him health is the best doctor in the world !!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

After suffering from trigeminal neuralgia with additional facial pain caused by trauma, Dr. Babu cured me! It is a miracle! I suffered for twenty years...thank God that I found Dr. Babu. I was down to eating only yogurt and sleeping two hours nightly. Dr. Babu is not only a superb surgeon, He is one of the kindest,most caring doctors I have met. I should say people. Dr. BABU is the best and NYU is wonderful. They practice the science and ART of healthcare. they don't practice. They succeed!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I had an ACSF x 2 in late 2008. Dr. Babu all but saved my life. Some quacks had me in chiropracty and OT when an MRI showed 2 completely collapsed cervical discs. Dr. Babu got me straight into the OR and fixed me up. Now, 5 years later, things are fine, all pain is gone and it does not look like I will ever need a re-do.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE, STAY AWAY!!!!!!. He will get the money from the insurance company and ignore your phone calls when things go badly. TERRIBLE DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Worst experience ever!. This office has the worst staff ever. I couldnt believe the phone call i had with the lady at the other end. It would be the worst experience of my life and i felt real depressed after the call. Regardless of Dr.Babu's experience and expertise, he should be ashamed to keep staff like this, who hang up the phone on patients. A big 0 from me!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

To keep it short and simple, if you ever need back or neck surgery Dr Babu is the man you want to see at NYU. He is the best of the best and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of my surgeries.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Babu did 6 brain surgeries on my mom for a meningioma over a period of 20 years. She lived well and good through all of them until the ripe age of 88. Dr Babu always did right by her, and got her through all this. I am thankful to him and his staff and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

I have had 2 surgeries done by dr Babu. I would without a doubt be paralyzed if he had not preformed emergency ACDF surgery on me the first time. One Neuro Dr said there was absolutely nothing she could do; others gave me drugs only/shots etc. Dr Babu said although I was 52 my osteoarthritis looked like I was in my 80's. He treated me with compassion, explaining everything. He had to do a posterior decompression/fusion as well. His passion and commitment is given to patients. My lower spine is also shot- again I could trust no one else to see me thru. I am lookin forward to at lease being able to do my short walks, sit in the park, sew a little and enjoy family. I can't work or drive like I use to but I still want to keep taking care of my ADL's.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Dr. Babu took my daughter's case and propmtly did excellent work on her. She had a spinal column tumor which, had he not gotten involved would surely have caused her full paralysis. I have only interfaced with the office staff a couple times, with no complaints against them. My review is about him and his skill alone, and those both rate 5 stars from me. His work is excellent. We can always find something to complain about, but I know that if it weren't for him and his timely assesment and action, she would have been in big trouble. Now, she's walking, moving and feeling life as a happy young woman, instead of facing a future of wheel chair confinement.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012