Ratings for Dr. James Filbey

Not very helpful. Said he was going to refer me to a colleague so I could have a cortisone injection for my back. Still waiting for the referral after many months. He's obviously forgotten or doesn't care. He seems to only want to deal with the issues that interest him. I went to him in desperation as my back wasn't getting better and during the last appointment he was obviously upset that I was there, yet again. He needs to develop some compassion for patients who have chronic pain issues instead of dismissing them.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2019

Extremely knowledgable, addressed my concerns in a most efficient manner, had reviewed previous reports and exams, including the required questionnaires I had been asked to complete , recommended ongoing follow up and options to control pain as I strive to maintain a healthy level of cardiac and physical fitness. I appreciate also that he reviewed, with me, the various scans and X-rays used for diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Not impressed! Arrogant, rude, horrible bedside manner, does not listen or answer your questions. I also question his expertise! I will not go back!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

Very knowledgeable, quick diagnosis and very quick referral to plastic surgeon. Definitely lucky if you are referred to Dr Filbey!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2019

The first time I saw Dr. Philly, he was helpful perhaps because it was very straight forward. Frozen shoulder, gave me cortisone. I went to him months later for low back and leg pain. He assessment was perhaps 2 minutes after looking at my MRI and was unable to diagnose me. I don't blame him for that but his assessment was very minimal and he had no interest in following up with more tests to figure out what the issue was. He told me I would have to live with it and told me to go to a cognitive behavior professional. Seems that If the issue is too complicated for him to deal with, he loses interest. He wanted to see me again but what is the point? He also promised twice to refer me to a coworker for a cortisone injection but he's obviously forgotten to do it. Very disappointing doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2019

I was referred to this so called doctor, gee where to being , DOES NOT LISTEN TO U goes threw the motions so he can bill medicare . a while back B.C. government was told about 2 clinics in B.C. were double billing for there services they never said who these places were but a month later I receive letters from BC med asking me if I in fact did go to theses appointments , out of all the doctors and specialist I have seen in the last 6 years he is the only doctor on that letter which I had to signed in front of a notetery . that rebalance place is a scam just going threw the motions . I finally got him to do a nerve test on me which was very painful for me so after the test I ask so what did u fined . " I'll look at the data and will get back to you " two months goes by I called and I get my gp to get some answers after talking to his reception she told me that the results of that test is instantaneously and does not no why he has not told me or even talked to me about it . her last words were i will talk to Dr Filbey and get back to you . 2 weeks go by and i get a letter from a another dr who I never heard of that he wants to do some nerve test and from a different clinic CBI his name not even on CBI directory anyways . never went and to this day I have never heard from dr Filbey and my results from that test year ago . retire .

flag | Submitted March 13, 2019

I saw Dr. Filbey today for the first time and I was more than pleased to have been placed in his care by my GP. I found him to be an intelligent and extremely knowledgeable practitioner who took the time to listen to my full history, looked at my problems from many angles and was able to come up with an initial diagnosis. While I have another scan to go through now, to help confirm things, I am grateful and happy that I am working with Dr. Filbey to resolve my issues. I am confident that what has been a chronic problem for a long time, is going to be resolved. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

After waiting 40 minutes past my appointment time, with staff that was polite but not helpful or present. I finally saw Dr. Filbey. He spent his time hearing me talk about my pain, history, etc. But he didn't listen. I felt unheard and that was only confirmed when he barely examined me, dismissed all my questions and potential causes without explanation despite having a good reason to look into all of these suggestions of mine (and my other Doctors). He used one tool in his belt and decided if that didn't show anything I was going to be on my own. In 10 minutes he decided what my fate would be if I trusted him on his word. I will not be going back, and I would recommend getting a second opinion on his work, regardless of if it is what you were hoping for or not. He does not respect his patients, and he speaks very rudely and condescendingly to them. He is blunt and to the point, which I could appreciate if he had actually listened to what I was saying. I've seen many doctors in my days and he was by far one of the worst.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

He helped me so much, my knee is much better. Infact i was appauled while looking through these comments after my wonderfull visit

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

He helped me alot, although he comes off arrogant he actually knows what hes saying.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017