You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Birchard

About four years ago I ruptured my achilles tendon, I was about 31 years old and in very good physical condition. It happened Saturday afternoon and I had surgery with Dr. Birchard on Sunday afternoon, he assured me he has done as many if not more of these surgeries than anyone else around and was very confident that I should have the surgery. Since recovery I have competed in two kickboxing tournaments and won both times, today I do very well in both sports, continuing to learn and share what I know with others. I would recommend Dr. Birchard as a surgeon, he was also very helpful during my recovery.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Birchard is very clear with his information and makes sure you completely understand what is going on. Excellent bedside manner which I appreciate. Both times I have been to his office, I have had to wait over an hour for my appointment.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had a hip replacement done by him and after he damaged the hip during the first attempt, I had to have another attempt, which also failed. I have suffered in constant pain since that time and I cannot live my life like this so I have decided to make an attempt to have this repaired. I will not be seeking his lack of expertise to repair this mess !

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Had an anxiety attack prior to surgery and he made me feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr Birchard is an excellent doctor and surgeon. Very nice to work with. Takes his time to make sure you understand. We were very thankful to have someone like him do our surgery.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

What an excellent surgeon! He explains everything, doesn't rush, ensures all your questions are answered. He is redefining the caring side for a good .....check that...an outstanding surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

After waiting for over a year for an initial assessment, Dr. Birchard told me that my elbow (one bone not attached to elbow) was not as bad as another person's elbow and that I should use Voltaren ointment ...

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Just found out why I've been waiting so long for my surgery from Dr. Birchard. His is also practicing at a private clinic around the corner from his own office. Same with Dr. C. Cameron. No bloody wonder we're waiting so long in pain. We're not private-pay patients!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

I have had 3 surgeries from Dr Birchard within the past 4 years. (2 total knee replacements & a shoulder/Rotator repair). He has given me back my mobility which is my life!! You take it all for granted until it is gone. This Surgeon is excellent!! I like his calm direct manner. He explains clearly and frankly what he will do for surgery and what you can expect post-op including your part and the rehab work required. His gentle humor is appreciated. He is approachable and always has taken the time to answer my questions, draw a picture or two and just reassure me when I worry about the outcome. I count my blessings that he has been my surgeon!! I have had excellent recovery without complications. For this I am so grateful! Although I'd like to be 16 again I cherish my mobility in an active and strong older body. The receptionist has always been cheerful; clear and efficient. Really!! Okay once after they had come back from vacation she seemed a bit overwhelmed when I, in my angst, became a bit self centered re my need for an appointment and surgical date. (My work was being effected). She in an apologetic fashion showed me her stacks of patient consults and surgical requests. Frankly, this office does an amazing job! Our Health care system is set up to manage costs by limiting access and forcing patients to que up for service! The front line services have to deal with our frustration re this when we should be talking to the government. There is much need! And some grief that we will never be 16 again :)

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Find that Dr Birchard himself is very pleasant and seems knowledgeable, but something falls through the cracks when it comes to getting a set surgery date. The receptionist is very dogmatic and seems to be making as many decisions about the seriousness of one's pain as does the doctor. Been waiting for nearly a year and a half for surgery and the pain is now affecting everything from joints to blood pressure. Don't know what to advise except: get a definitive surgery date from the day you walk into that office - or go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. John Birchard's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "About four years ago I ruptured my achilles tendon, I was about 31 years old and in very good physical condition. It happened Saturday afternoon and I had surge..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Birchard is very clear with his information and makes sure you completely understand what is going on. Excellent bedside manner which I appreciate. Both t..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had a hip replacement done by him and after he damaged the hip during the first attempt, I had to have another attempt, which also failed. I have suffered in ..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had an anxiety attack prior to surgery and he made me feel very comfortable."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Birchard is an excellent doctor and surgeon. Very nice to work with. Takes his time to make sure you understand. We were very thankful to have someone lik..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What an excellent surgeon! He explains everything, doesn't rush, ensures all your questions are answered. He is redefining the caring side for a good .....che..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "After waiting for over a year for an initial assessment, Dr. Birchard told me that my elbow (one bone not attached to elbow) was not as bad as another person's ..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Just found out why I've been waiting so long for my surgery from Dr. Birchard. His is also practicing at a private clinic around the corner from his own office..."

January 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had 3 surgeries from Dr Birchard within the past 4 years. (2 total knee replacements & a shoulder/Rotator repair). He has given me back my mobility whic..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Find that Dr Birchard himself is very pleasant and seems knowledgeable, but something falls through the cracks when it comes to getting a set surgery date. The..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "had an initial consult with this Doctor and found he was excellent, clear, supportive, kind."

October 29, 2014