Ratings for Dr. Don L. Burgio

During my only visit to him, I ended up in the ER. He was poking around in my ear and I asked him to stop 4 different times and he did not. They called it "spontaneous" eruption of the eardrum. Nothing spontaneous about it. Puked everywhere and couldn't walk. They waited until the office was empty before wheeling me out and an ambulance was called. They put neither of these facts in my medical records. I just found out he retired about a week ago. Good.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Love my doc. Hes a very caring and kind doctor. He has kept me hearing with my right ear. I have a rare form of arthritis. Plus M.S. I woke one morning deaf in my left ear. There was no reason why. I had went to the hospital and several different dr. No one knew why. But doc has kept me hearing out of the right one, he has to do a procedure on it every e to 4 months. My ear drum covers up with this really hard scabby tissues that have to be removed. It condition is very rare and has affected me for 25 yrs every where in my body. It comes with a 2 yr death sentence. But I've been beating it for 25 yrs with some wonderful doctors. Dr Burgio is one of them.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

My first visit I waited 1/2 hour before I was placed in the exam room. Once in there I waited an additional 25 minutes when I finally told the assistant I was leaving. She assured me it would be just a minute more. He arrives looking sweaty, rushed and annoyed. His first words were Sorry for the wait, so what is your problem. the "sorry" was a thankless apology. He looked up my nose, in my ears, took a small piece of wax out, gave me a prescription and said I had allergies. this turned out not to be the case after I went to a different physician. when I saw how much he charged my insurance company. I was annoyed. Physicians like this are the reason healthcare is so out of sight. His prescription was useless, and I feel it was a waste of time and money by my insurance company .

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

Very professional and respectful. Took time to explain, offer suggestions and gave sampe of medication. No pressure for additional testing.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

seemed uninterested ,perscribed med with terrible side effects that did just the oppisite of what was needed

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Dr. Don L. Burgio's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio At Toledo (Grad. 1987)