Dr. Alok Shrivastava

Ratings for Dr. Alok Shrivastava

He was very methodical and answered my questions directly. Gave me hope when I definitely needed it.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

He is the world BEST DOCTOR. My husband had kidney cancer so other doctors wanted to take his whole kidney. Dr. Shrivastava saved my husband's kidney about 5 years ago by performing robotic surgery. He is a very caring doctor, takes his time with us, explains everything. We love him due to his medical capabilities, knowledge, skills, dedication, etc. We completely trust him and if we ever need other surgery he would be on our TOP SURGEON LIST. We owe my husband's life to him. May God Bless Dr. Shrivastava.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Has a bit of a God complex. After waiting 2 hours, This man talked down to me as if I were ignorant, managing to second guess calls made by my other doctors as well as disparaging the doctor that treated my father. He showed frustration with me if I asked for clarification when he asked a question. That was my first and last visit. I can't opine on his talent or skill. He may be a great doctor . I don't know. We just didn't hit it off. One final comment: he speaks with a heavy Indian accent. Clearly this has nothing to do with his medical capability, but it does make for occasional frustrations for both of us as I would often need to ask him to repeat himself.

Submitted February 5, 2015

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer with a Gleason score of 8 indicating aggressive cancer. After intensive research I selected Dr. Shrivastava and the Cleveland Clinic because of patient reviews for Dr. S and the hospital. Dr. Shrivastava is known for his skill as a surgeon using the advanced daVinci robotic technique which allows prostate removal with minimal harm to the surrounding nerves minimizing the chance of incontinence or impotence. My first meeting with Dr. S was very complete and unhurried. He carefully explained my situation but made no promises. The surgical procedure usually takes around 4 hours. Mine was 6 1/2 hours because I bled more. Dr. S and his surgical team (7 in total)took the time required for my surgery properly without regard to time. My post op meeting with Dr. S like my meeting prior was complete and unhurried. Very professional but relaxed reviewing the surgery and post surgery lymph node lab test results which were cancer free. He's #1!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Dr Shrivastava is the best of the best. I have been battling High PSA levels for 10 years with several negative biopsy's. I was skeptical on getting another biopsy. My PSA level hit a all time high of 12.6. I had my first visit with Dr Shrivastava and he sat down with me for over 2.5 hours and explained why the possibly the other biopsy's came back negative. The other biopsy's I had, I had to just bit the bullet with the pain of giving sample's of twelve each time. With Dr Shrivastava he numbed the area took 16 biopsy's with no pain at all and found Cancer. I had opted to have the surgery with Dr Shrivastava and am so happy that I had him cause he just caught the Cancer just as it just start to spread out of my prostate. Its been six months with a clean PSA level.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Awesome. Went to him for a second opinion after being told there is a mass on my kidney that needs to be removed. I had already had kidney cancer surgery and it was aweful. We went to him with 5 years of medical records and he explained that it is NOT cancer it is a complex cyst that bears watching, but not surgery. He is now my new Dr. I won't go anywhere else. I went to him twice and he spent at least 1 - 2 hours with us explaining everything. You will not be dissapointed.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

The best of the best! He saved my husband's life. We were told by other doctors that his prostate cancer was inoperable because of its high placement. Dr. Shrivastava took 2 hours to explain to us how he would do it and why it would be successful. He was right. My husband's cancer was close to aggressive in rating. I am not sure there are many doctors in this area that could have performed his surgery so cleanly...no infections, no unexpectedsa, no problems.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

An excellent surgeon. Dedicated nearly 3 hours of time listening to my questions and concerns about my prostate cancer. Surgery went well, excellent follow-up treatment. A dedicated surgeon who has done over a thousand robotic surgeries. Very worthy of your consideration.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Dr. Shrivastava saved my life! Not only because he is a great surgeon and has a GREAT bedside manner and spends alot of time with his patients. But, because he convinced me to have prostate cancer surgery versus active surveillance which is what the other 3 doctors I saw told me to do! Dr. Shrivastava is the only doctor I have found in the last 30 years that remind me of the old fashioned doctor/patient relationships. He gives the patient time instead of the traditional "Wham-Bam-Thank You Mam" Anyone looking for a doctor to get a second opinion for prostate cancer MUST see Dr. ALok Shrivastava. He is one of a kind!!! Also, anyone under 65 years of age considering "Active Surveillance" should STOP the Surveillance and see Dr. Shrivastava or your doctor but get the surgery done ASAP!!!! DO NOT WAIT!!! ACT NOW!!! It will save your life!!! In addition, I just had the robotic surgery performed by Dr. Shrivastava and would never recommend the traditional surgery. Only go ROBOTIC! Take Care!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr. Alok Shrivastava's Credentials

• Mgm Med Coll, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore, Mp, India (Grad. 1986)