Ratings for Dr. Evelyn S. Felluca, FACOG

We have all been there - trying to find the "right" OB-GYN, right? Someone who has the knowledge, expertise, personality, staff to help with an already uncomfortable appointment. Dr. Felluca is a good doctor but it is so difficult getting seen by her. Years ago, another doctor in her office performed my son's circumcision and completely botched it and we are still going through ramifications of that procedure. At that time, Dr. Felluca was extremely nice and followed up regularly with me since she was concerned about a lawsuit. I let the issue go.... Fast forward to 2017. Last year I went in for a routine annual. It took several months before they could find availability on Falluca's calendar. I finally went in and got an annual. I received a call from a nurse with my test results. I was told about a complex ovarian cyst but not about a sizeable fibroid. She was about to end the call when I asked her if she had any instructions for my fibroid. She replied, "Umm...the doctor didn't note anything on that". I read the lab results to her at which point she put me on hold. Then she came back and said that another doctor said that I have to talk to Dr. Falluca but that she was on vacation for two weeks so I have to make an appointment to see her (Huh???). I became concerned at that point that 1): it was me, the patient, to catch a potential problem (I assume many patients would not have known to even ask about the fibroid and would have been in the dark) and that 2) the problem was serious enough that I couldn't even get instructions for the fibroid as I did for the cyst over the phone (instructions by the way, that should have been given to me on this initial phone call had their office not missed it). The nurse then told me that I should not be worried and that the fibroid shouldn't be an issue. Huh??? So I was pretty upset and started to ask, why in the world do I have to make an appointment and take a day off of work to be seen by Dr. Falluca if there isn't anything to be concerned about and about results that should have been discussed with me during the follow up phone call?! So I asked Dr. Falluca to call me, which I thought was a very reasonable request. I was then rudely told that "DR. FALLUCA DOESN'T CALL PATIENTS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RESULTS, YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH DR. FALLUCA". Huh??? If your office had done its job properly from the beginning, I should have been given instructions regarding the fibroid along with the cyst during the initial call! So I moved to another OB-GYN. Wonderful doctor and staff. In order to do so, I asked for all of my records to be sent to me and I recounted my experience above to the Office Manager, Barbara. One would think that an office manager would at least have the courtesy to send a professional response. If you can believe it or not...the following is the literal response I received after a long explanation of what happened to me. Direct cut and paste from my email of her ENTIRE message to me. She doesn't even take the time to address me or write a complete sentence after my comprehensive email. No greeting, no apology, no acknowledgement, no nothing except these words below. "I am requesting that all of my records be mailed to me I will take care of." Barbara Virostko Operations Manager SOOO...just a heads up to my fellow ladies out there who are busy and trying to find quality healthcare. I would steer clear from this practice if I were you.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Felluca and the staff at Perfectly Female. I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy to remove a 9.6 x 6.0 x 9.6 cm fibroid. Dr. Felluca came highly recommended by my general practitioner, and her manner, knowledge, and experience set me at ease at our first consultation. All my questions were answered to my satisfaction, and the doctor and staff made certain I understood exactly what was involved in the procedure. Barbara and Beth, two super nice and efficient members of her Reston staff, took all the stress out of coordinating schedules with the hospital. I had nothing to do but show up on time! An unforeseeable complication arose during the operation due to the size/shape of the uterus (necessitating an additional incision), but Dr. Felluca and her assistant surgeon handled it fine. I was out of the hospital and back home in my own bed less than four hours after the surgery was completed. Everything went so well that only three days later I was able to take a seven hour car trip with my husband to be with my dying mother-in-law. I got very little rest, but aside from being tired, had no ill effects. Since returning home I have followed Dr. Felluca's instructions to the letter. My stamina has recovered and my scars are healing nicely. I whole-heartedly recommend Perfectly Female to any woman needing laparoscopic surgery. You could not do better!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr Felluca is a smart and caring doctor. She performed my laparoscopy and removed instances of endometriosis that my first doctor had missed. Thankful I went to her

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Felluca is the first GYN I have ever seen, even though I am almost 50. I have had no children and my exams were always normal so I did not feel the need to see a specialist. Then something happened, after seeing an Urgent Care Physician, I was referred to a specialist (a GYN) and I ultimately chose Perfectly Female. I was nervous, the office staff understood how upset, scared and concerned I sounded and worked to get me in to see the doctor right away. The other 3 practices I called all told me 3-5 weeks before they could take me, it did not matter that I needed to be seen soon. During the session, Dr Felluca took as much time as I needed, answering all my questions and making sure I was fine during and after the exam and in-office procedure. Once the results were back, (yes) a nurse called to inform me (they were in) and told me the doctor recommended an ultra-sound. I went for an ultra-sound and eventually ended up requiring surgery. All went well and I have not have any problems or issues and after a couple follow up visits was released back to my FP. I consider myself to be very lucky to have found Perfectly Female and Dr Felluca. I was very nervous and all the while both the doctor and the staff kept me informed, talked to me like an adult - not a child or a physician. I have recommend Dr. Felluca and Perfectly Female to several women and will continue to do so. To everyone complaining that the nurse does not tell you everything - they are not allowed to give results over the phone, regardless of whether is it positive or negative. They are not allowed to answer your questions... it is a security and privacy issue - they cannot be certain it is you on the phone.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

was sent for mammogram, second mammogram, and then biopsy. Had micro-calcification. Could be nothing, could be pre-cancerous or something more. A couple days after biopsy a nurse from Perfectly Female called me with the results. First she told me that the doctor does not like to read results and they were referring me directly to Reston Breast Care Specialists. I panic thinking ok it's something just because they are referring me. Next she reads the pathology report to me. I don't have a clue as to what she is telling me. Scares me more. Nest I ask her twice very directly what does this mean. Finally the nurse says in not a confident manor 'well I don't see anything about cancer on here'. Vague!!! I still don't understand the pathology and the nurse only repeated it when I asked what does it mean. So, now I think there is definitely something more going on. Some type of cancer. A week and a half later I see the Breast Care Specialist. Sitting in the waiting room I looking through catalogs for hats with fake hair coming out of them and thinking ok I can manage this. Maybe I just won't have real hair for my son's high school graduation next May. I finally go in and the doctor comes in and IMMEDIATELY says everything looks really good, why exactly are you here? My relief was obvious and she said OMG you didn't know. She was appalled and apologized profusely for the lack of professionalism exercised from Perfectly Female. Appalled that the doctor didn't contact me directly. Appalled that if she decided it was necessary to have a nurse call me that the one who did was not even qualified to read a pathology report. Appalled that the first thing out of their mouth wasn't 'it's benign'. I now have a complete lack of confidence in this group. Who's in charge? Not professional at all.

Submitted September 6, 2014

Dr Felluca and nurse staff were insensitive when providing results of infertility. The nurse called and told me my results and that I should contact a specialist cause there was nothing they could do for me. It not only what she said but how she said it. Dr. Felluca dismissed my multiple complaints of monthly severe cramps, hormonal changes as trivial and told me to take a Motrin for the pain cause she couldn't give me anything else unless my back was hurting. I found the staff and especially Dr.Felluca to be without compassion. When I mentioned multi- vitamins or health supplements, instead of stating she had no knowledge of how effective millions of women have them, she dismissed them. I definitely will NOT recommend this doc office to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I have used Dr. Felucca and/or her practice for nearly 20 years and was probably one of her first patients. I had always been happy with her but when she moved her office to town center area, she stopped seeing me and instead other doctors in the practice took over the general GYN aspects of her practice. It seems now that ever time I go in for my annual there is a new doctor; I don't think I have seen the same one in nearly 10 years. Regardless, my care has been good until last year and I was seen my a nurse practitioner who didn't seem to give a very thorough physical nor did she seem as knowledgeable as a doctor. I will give it one more try but may have to change doctors after nearly 20 years.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Between fibroids and another condition, my uterus was the size of a basketball. Dr. Felluca successfulness performed a Robtic Hysterectomy and I feel 100% better. The recovery time was about a week - seriously - and I found the staff pleasant and organized. Dr. Felluca is wonderful! She's no-nonsense but caring and I'm so glad I found her to do my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Felluca as well as the robotic procedures.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Horrible, horrible experience. A nurse (!) called me with ultrasound results and told me I've miscarried at 7 weeks. She asked me if I had breakfast that morning and said "very good" when I said no I hadn't - we could schedule d&c right that afternoon. A agree with other posters - doctors in this practice to seem to be pushing you towards d&c. They don't make money if you decide to let nature take it's course. In the short 2 weeks between I got my first positive pregnancy test at 4 weeks and the news about miscarriage I had 5 blood test done to check my hCG. This is before even one doctor saw me. Clearly too many tests for a non-high risk pregnancy. Answer - they take blood tests on-site and more tests translate into more money for the practice. I made an appointment to see a different doctor right next morning. Perfectly female practice? Never again!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Dr. Evelyn S. Felluca, FACOG's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish
  • Italian

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1984)

Pacificare