Ratings for Dr. Evelyn S. Felluca, FACOG

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Felluca and the staff at Perfectly Female. I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy to remove a 9.6 x 6.0 x 9.6 cm fibroid. Dr. Felluca came highly recommended by my general practitioner, and her manner, knowledge, and experience set me at ease at our first consultation. All my questions were answered to my satisfaction, and the doctor and staff made certain I understood exactly what was involved in the procedure. Barbara and Beth, two super nice and efficient members of her Reston staff, took all the stress out of coordinating schedules with the hospital. I had nothing to do but show up on time! An unforeseeable complication arose during the operation due to the size/shape of the uterus (necessitating an additional incision), but Dr. Felluca and her assistant surgeon handled it fine. I was out of the hospital and back home in my own bed less than four hours after the surgery was completed. Everything went so well that only three days later I was able to take a seven hour car trip with my husband to be with my dying mother-in-law. I got very little rest, but aside from being tired, had no ill effects. Since returning home I have followed Dr. Felluca's instructions to the letter. My stamina has recovered and my scars are healing nicely. I whole-heartedly recommend Perfectly Female to any woman needing laparoscopic surgery. You could not do better!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr Felluca is a smart and caring doctor. She performed my laparoscopy and removed instances of endometriosis that my first doctor had missed. Thankful I went to her

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Felluca is the first GYN I have ever seen, even though I am almost 50. I have had no children and my exams were always normal so I did not feel the need to see a specialist. Then something happened, after seeing an Urgent Care Physician, I was referred to a specialist (a GYN) and I ultimately chose Perfectly Female. I was nervous, the office staff understood how upset, scared and concerned I sounded and worked to get me in to see the doctor right away. The other 3 practices I called all told me 3-5 weeks before they could take me, it did not matter that I needed to be seen soon. During the session, Dr Felluca took as much time as I needed, answering all my questions and making sure I was fine during and after the exam and in-office procedure. Once the results were back, (yes) a nurse called to inform me (they were in) and told me the doctor recommended an ultra-sound. I went for an ultra-sound and eventually ended up requiring surgery. All went well and I have not have any problems or issues and after a couple follow up visits was released back to my FP. I consider myself to be very lucky to have found Perfectly Female and Dr Felluca. I was very nervous and all the while both the doctor and the staff kept me informed, talked to me like an adult - not a child or a physician. I have recommend Dr. Felluca and Perfectly Female to several women and will continue to do so. To everyone complaining that the nurse does not tell you everything - they are not allowed to give results over the phone, regardless of whether is it positive or negative. They are not allowed to answer your questions... it is a security and privacy issue - they cannot be certain it is you on the phone.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

was sent for mammogram, second mammogram, and then biopsy. Had micro-calcification. Could be nothing, could be pre-cancerous or something more. A couple days after biopsy a nurse from Perfectly Female called me with the results. First she told me that the doctor does not like to read results and they were referring me directly to Reston Breast Care Specialists. I panic thinking ok it's something just because they are referring me. Next she reads the pathology report to me. I don't have a clue as to what she is telling me. Scares me more. Nest I ask her twice very directly what does this mean. Finally the nurse says in not a confident manor 'well I don't see anything about cancer on here'. Vague!!! I still don't understand the pathology and the nurse only repeated it when I asked what does it mean. So, now I think there is definitely something more going on. Some type of cancer. A week and a half later I see the Breast Care Specialist. Sitting in the waiting room I looking through catalogs for hats with fake hair coming out of them and thinking ok I can manage this. Maybe I just won't have real hair for my son's high school graduation next May. I finally go in and the doctor comes in and IMMEDIATELY says everything looks really good, why exactly are you here? My relief was obvious and she said OMG you didn't know. She was appalled and apologized profusely for the lack of professionalism exercised from Perfectly Female. Appalled that the doctor didn't contact me directly. Appalled that if she decided it was necessary to have a nurse call me that the one who did was not even qualified to read a pathology report. Appalled that the first thing out of their mouth wasn't 'it's benign'. I now have a complete lack of confidence in this group. Who's in charge? Not professional at all.

Submitted September 6, 2014

Dr Felluca and nurse staff were insensitive when providing results of infertility. The nurse called and told me my results and that I should contact a specialist cause there was nothing they could do for me. It not only what she said but how she said it. Dr. Felluca dismissed my multiple complaints of monthly severe cramps, hormonal changes as trivial and told me to take a Motrin for the pain cause she couldn't give me anything else unless my back was hurting. I found the staff and especially Dr.Felluca to be without compassion. When I mentioned multi- vitamins or health supplements, instead of stating she had no knowledge of how effective millions of women have them, she dismissed them. I definitely will NOT recommend this doc office to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I have used Dr. Felucca and/or her practice for nearly 20 years and was probably one of her first patients. I had always been happy with her but when she moved her office to town center area, she stopped seeing me and instead other doctors in the practice took over the general GYN aspects of her practice. It seems now that ever time I go in for my annual there is a new doctor; I don't think I have seen the same one in nearly 10 years. Regardless, my care has been good until last year and I was seen my a nurse practitioner who didn't seem to give a very thorough physical nor did she seem as knowledgeable as a doctor. I will give it one more try but may have to change doctors after nearly 20 years.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Between fibroids and another condition, my uterus was the size of a basketball. Dr. Felluca successfulness performed a Robtic Hysterectomy and I feel 100% better. The recovery time was about a week - seriously - and I found the staff pleasant and organized. Dr. Felluca is wonderful! She's no-nonsense but caring and I'm so glad I found her to do my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Felluca as well as the robotic procedures.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Horrible, horrible experience. A nurse (!) called me with ultrasound results and told me I've miscarried at 7 weeks. She asked me if I had breakfast that morning and said "very good" when I said no I hadn't - we could schedule d&c right that afternoon. A agree with other posters - doctors in this practice to seem to be pushing you towards d&c. They don't make money if you decide to let nature take it's course. In the short 2 weeks between I got my first positive pregnancy test at 4 weeks and the news about miscarriage I had 5 blood test done to check my hCG. This is before even one doctor saw me. Clearly too many tests for a non-high risk pregnancy. Answer - they take blood tests on-site and more tests translate into more money for the practice. I made an appointment to see a different doctor right next morning. Perfectly female practice? Never again!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

I had several friends refer me to Dr. Felluca, and they RAVED about her. But the day I saw her she was impatient, distant, surly, and so extremely cold and unfriendly, I left vowing not only to never see her again, but not even try anyone else in her office. It was an unbelievably bad experience. She must have been having a really really bad day, but to take it out on a new patient in the way she did was appalling and unprofessional. I would rather she had cancelled and rescheduled my appointment for a better time than to treat me the way she did. That I could have understood. This, on the other hand, was painful. I felt like scum of the earth when I left her office, and I do NOT have self esteem problems.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Dr. Evelyn S. Felluca, FACOG's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish
  • Italian

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA