Ratings for Dr. Julius Hyatt

I have been a patient of Dr. Hyatt's for over 15 years now. He is unquestionably the best dental surgeon in Maryland....and probably in the entire country. I just left his surgical center/ office in Cockeysville where he extracted a molar. Over the years he has extracted numerous teeth of mine, installed 12 implants, performed an apicoectomy, etc. You name it and I've probably had it done. I've had all of my procedures done under local anesthetic, and I can honestly say that I've never felt any discomfort- EVER! He is an artist when it comes to giving shots. I've had many different dentists give me shots over the years, some of them very painful, so I know what I'm talking about. As for all of the procedures that he has done for me, it is simply amazing how quick and painless he gets things done. The molar that he extracted this morning took less than two minutes. He first came in and gave me a shot and then left the room for about 10 minutes while the anesthetic took affect. The tooth that he pulled today was broken off at the gumline so there was literally nothing to grab onto. He sectioned it off into three separate pieces, as the tooth had three roots. He then pulled out one piece at a time and in less than two minutes he was done. Not only is Dr. Hyatt an exceptional surgeon, but he is a genuinely nice guy who really cares about his patients.. This evening, probably around 8 o'clock, I will receive a phone call from him to make sure that I'm doing OK. This is something he has always done after every procedure… He takes the time to call me from his home to check in and see how I'm doing. He's one of a kind. I also want to mention his staff. From the time you enter his office until you leave every person you come in contact with has a smile on their face. This morning I had interaction with two receptionists and the dental assistant who helped with my tooth extraction. All three of these people could not have been nicer. I simply cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hyatt and his surgical center. If you need any type of dental surgery this is the doctor you should see!!...especially if you're considering implants!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Hyatt was recommended by my dentist as the only one in the region who he would trust with implants and he was right. Dr. Hyatt did a fantastic job, I've had them 8 years and they still look and feel great!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I was terrified at the idea of an extraction. Dr. Hyatt and his staff were comforting and professional at all levels. I would highly recommend him. He kept me informed through each step of the process and I found him to be kind and patient with my angst. There was no difficulty in getting appointments time. No issues whatsoever. Smooth and easy experience.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Hyatt was extremely kind and helpful when I got my wisdom teeth out. He was understanding when I told him that I am a singer and was nervous about the procedure, and helped me feel comfortable in his experience. Before the surgery, he was extremely patient and explained everything that was going on to help calm me down. He checked on me before I left and called me later that night, too. Recovery was an almost painless experience thanks to his expertise and the instructions the office gave. Only down side was wait time for the consultation was a little slow. Overall I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

TERRIBLE,HORRIFIC, BARBARIC, TRAUMATIC, EXTRACTION EXPERIENCE !! DR HYATT REFUSED TO LET MY BROTHER OPT OUT PF SURGERY AND SAIF "ITS TOO LATE" AS MY BROTHER WAS IN BURNING PAIN SHOOTING UP HIS ARM FROM THE INJECTED IV!! AGAINST HIS WILL HE TOLD ME HIS SISTER TO LEAVE WHEN MY BROTHER TOOK HIS MASK OFF SCARED TO DEATH AND LOOKED AT ME SO TERRIFIED AND IN PAIN AND DR HYATT DID NOT STOP THE SURGERY AGAINST MY BROTHERS WILL!! CRUEL, RUDE, UNCARING. DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS U LIKE INTOLERABLE BURNING RADIATING PAIN AND NO FREE WILL AFTER U SIGN TO GIVE HIM MONEY THATS ALL HE CARES ABOUT NOT UR PAIN NOT UR WILL NOT UR FEELINGS! FOR THE SAKE OF UR LOVED ONES CHOOSE A DIFFERENT DENTIST WHO VALUES PATIENTS WHO ARE IN PAIN AND WHO DO NOT WANT THEIR TEETH EXTRACTED. RESPECT PATIENT'S RIGHTS!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I am from out of state, down in MD for school, and scheduled an appt with Dr. Hyatt based on a work colleague's recommendation. As some of the reviews below have stated, Dr. Hyatt's bedside manner is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. He was very rude to me, had a condescending tone, and kept insisting that I get all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted when the teeth on my left side weren't even in yet! No way did I go back for a second appt, and I suggest you do not see Dr. Hyatt unless you desire an oral surgeon who speaks to you like you are incompetent.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Bedside manner was terrible! He asked my daughter questions while her mouth was full and told me to stop talking to her when I was trying to calm her down. Otherwise he did the procedure I needed to do and she seems to be doing ok. But I didn't appreciate him telling me not to talk about the procedure beforehand and telling me to stop talking when I was telling her it won't hurt In order to calm her down. No one in my family will be seeing him again, if he was a dr we had to see on a regular basis, I would be looking for a new one due to his bedside manner.

Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Hyatt was an exceptional oral surgeon. Nice person and full of knowledge. I would reccommend him to anyone needing oral surgery.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr. Hyatt was highly recommended by my nephew-- a dentist. I recently had a root canal (old) extraction, and an implant. I had been told by other dental professionals there would be issues and a bone graft would be needed. Dr. Hyatt graciously fit me in for a consultation in between surgeries; took a 3D X-ray, saw no problems; answered all my questions. I had the two procedures done the next week--25 minutes in all; there were NO problems whatsoever. Dr. Hyatt called the night of the surgery to follow up. Minimal pain, easy procedure -- I would recommend Dr. Hyatt without reservation. I will be getting a second implant in two months--I believe you couldn't be in better hands.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I recently had two teeth extracted from Dr.Hyatt's office. Dr. Hyatt and his staff were very professional, helpful, and friendly. He came Highly reccomended to me from a friend of a friend, and I see why. The online registration was very helpful, the front office staff was very knowledgable, they asisted me in contacting my previous dentist to obtain records. Dr. Hyatt called later in the evening to make sure I was not having any complications. It is rare to find a Doctor who truely cares about his patients (He is a keeper!).... Thank you PAINFREE

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013