Ratings for Dr. John K. Wakelin

Dr. Wakelin was recommended to me by a general surgeon. I am so thankful for all Dr. Wakelin did. I had surgery December of 2015, and everything went great. The surgery result was better than I ever could have imagined. Dr. Wakelin and all his staff are amazing. If you are looking for a top surgeon, look no further....they are the Best. Bar non.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Choosing Dr. Wakelin to be my surgeon was once of the best decisions of my life. Dr. Wakelin and his team were extremely professional, informative and walked me though every step of the way. With this being my first surgery I was apprehensive about the recovery process and all the options in terms of size, but Dr. Wakelin and his team were very personable, informative, answered all of my questions and I left my consultation confident I had made the right decision. I couldn’t be happier with my results! Dr. Wakelin does PHENOMENAL work, and I could not believe the how easy the recovery process was. I was back to work 3 days later and felt completely better a week later. I was astounded that I was back at the gym 3 weeks later! I would and have already recommended Dr. Wakelin to my friends and family. Thank you team Wakelin!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I went to see Dr Wakelin regarding a breast augmentation. I, like most women who have had children, have lost all fullness to my breasts. I have been so self conscious about what I wear and rarely could find a swim suit that had enough padding to hold up my deflated breasts. So I finally made the choice to do something about it. Dr Wakelin and his staff made me feel so comfortable! I thought it would be so hard to talk about my insecurities but he is so compassionate and I really felt like he cared. He took so much time going over the procedure and what to expect that I signed up on the spot! I went to the surgery center by their UA office and I can't say enough how wonderful their staff is! My recovery was fast, and I was back to work after 4 days. After 3 weeks my discomfort was gone and I was working out and running! Dr Wakelin and his staff really cared for me after surgery as well! Any question I had they were very quick to respond! I will send everyone I know to Dr Wakelin!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I don't know how he got voted "Compassionate" that surely isn't what I experienced! I saw a geeky doctor(MUST change that photo by the way) who had a fake in&out sort of grin!) He's $$$ hungry & his main focus,IMO.Off staff OR whoever answers the phone also treats you like a number!They do not go out of their way to assist & act like ur a fool, so that whatever that receptionist tells you; you must accept. I had a specific concern and it took 2 calls & an Off Mngr to assist! However, I see why...they obviously have the same mentality as Wakelin! Such as, just get'em in the door & book that $100 consult fee! I assume he needs $$ to pay for an overheated off @ Easton! Its like a factory line & I must say again; how in Gods' name was he voted compassionate!Possibly due to phoniness but of course, that was 3 yrs ago & I am very intuitive so saw thru it. I did NOT trust him& would never agree to surgery. He is greedy & way-overpriced! For a truly caring,honest concerned doc...Go Elsewhere!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I'm VERY happy that I've chosen Dr Wakelin for my breast augmentation. Not only do my breast look AMAZING, but the procedure wasn't very painful and I had a quick recovery. I was able to get back in the gym in 2-3 weeks!!! The staff we're wonderful, and helped me with everything before and after the surgery. Thank you so much Dr Wakelin!!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I had breast augmentation in November of 2012 and i could not be happier. Dr. Wakelin did an awesome job and i wouldn't hesitate to return to him for other procedures. I was very nervous going in to my consultation from surfing the net reading bad experiences women have had with their augmentation but Dr. Wakelin quickly put my mind at ease. The whole experience was great from my initial consultation and through my surgery. Dr. Wakelin and his nurse Jen both made me feel very comfortable and were willing to spend as much time as i needed to get my questions answered and i was able to come back in and try the sizers on as many times as i needed. I am 100% happy with the results and i would not change a thing.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Wakelin and his staff were fantastic to work with. I went in to discuss a breast reduction, but was nervous. He and Jen, his nurse, were so kind and reassuring. They answered all of my questions and did not pressure me. They let me think about it and then meet with them again when I decided yes, at no addition cost. I decided at that time to add a tummy tuck to the procedure. The surgery was a huge success and the follow up visits were great. It ended up one area of my incision was not healing, through no fault of his, but it involved me seeing him addition times. He never charged me for the extra visits. I always felt I was in good hands. If I ever decide to have other surgeries I will go back to see Dr. Wakelin.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Wakelin and his staff are very professional. He is always willing to listen to my concerns and give recommendations that would best fit me. I have been very pleased with his work and plan to continue seeing him on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I gained and lost over 30 pounds repeatedly over twenty years. Unfortunately I was left with loose, sagging skin, particularly in my abdominal area. I promised myself that if I could maintain my weight loss for three years I would consider surgery to remove the excess skin. One day I read a review about Dr. John Wakelin and finally summoned up the courage to see him for a consultation. He and his staff immediately put me at ease. He was very caring, professional and friendly and he took all of the time necessary to address my concerns. His nurse, Jennifer, was wonderful and very responsive to numerous followup questions that I had both before and after the surgery. I had the surgery last Fall and I am very pleased with the results. I was treated with the utmost care, courtesy and respect during the entire process. I highly recommend Dr. Wakelin and his “team” at Columbus Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Wakelin and his staff are ALWAYS available when I need them. Whether it is for consulting on a procedure or reassurance in the choices I am considering. I have seen Dr. Wakelin for injectables, Botox and Juvederm, as well as a cosmetic surgical procedure. I had a breast augmentation in 1996 with saline implants and had a deflation so Dr. Wakelin replaced my implants with silicone and did a breast lift! They look amazing...He is a wonderful surgeon that will exceed your expectations!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Dr. John K. Wakelin's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

HealthPartners