Ratings for Dr. Andrew Pugliese

Dr. Pugliese is the most arrogant, rude, disrespectful doctor I have ever been to. He claims to know everything about treating fungal infections and treated me with an IV drug that was not the correct treatment for my particular infection. He spent about 10 minutes with me during 2 months of treatment. He never answered my questions and didn't supervise my treatment, but sent me home with boxes of IV meds. for ME to administer to myself. I never got any feedback as to my prognosis or progress. When he failed to make any progress with my case and I asked him questions he couldn't answer, he dismissed me as his patient without any explanations or referral to a competent doctor. I left the office in tears with no doctor to turn to for help. If a doctor claims to be a specialist in treating a very dangerous illness, he should be monitored closely. His knowledge about fungal disease can be best described by the quote " A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE IS A DANGEROUS THING.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I am currently under his care for chronic fungal infections in my sinuses, and so thankful for his expertise and kindness. Dr. Pugliese takes time to answer questions, explain my treatment, and has a wonderful bedside manner. His entire team is stellar. They have been amazing through an extremely difficult illness. Kristina, Alex, Cheryl, Marina, Debra, and Valerie to name a few. I recommend Dr. Pugliese to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I had been diagnosed with Lyme disease. Dr. P did a great job in helping me understand more about the disease and overall did a great job in treating it. His staff was very nice and did a great job of caring for me, never did I feel unwelcome.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I had been to several ID docs and was completely frustrated by the treatment I was receiving before finding Dr. P and I am so glad I did his staff is very friendly and caring and he is always attentive helpful and has always made me feel like a person and not just a patient!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

This doctor was the worst doctor I had ever seen. His bedside manner is deplorable. I was reading one of the comments regarding PICC line placements which he also tried to do to me. I was on the operating table and the hospital staff taped my head down with him supervising and after telling them this procedure was hurting me they started insulting me. Also only two of his patients were in the hospital during this time, myself and another person. The other person being treated by him died!!! The doctor went out of town and left me while I was paralyzed and could not explain why this occurred being that I only was being treated for a sinus infection. He tried to blame me for the symptoms I had stating they were psychosyematic. Both he and the hospital staff (Northlake in Tucker GA) were very arrogant & rude and I almost died behind it. Thank God I was able to get into Emory & they diagnosed me correctly. I strongly urge you to get a second opinion outside of his practice.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

In 1996 I had been misdiagnosed by 3 different docs then was referred to Dr. Pugliese. He was very attentive, did very thorough blood tests and diagnosed me with a dangerous tick born disease. I ended up with secondary meningitis and without his diagnosis and treatment I do not think I would have survived. His bedside manner was great, kind to my whole family and he nor his staff ever seemed rushed. I have referred many people to him since.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. Pugliese is "improperly" treating acute and chronic sinusitis suffers with an aggressive, VERY costly antibiotic IV treatment (delivered via PICC line through heart) that is controversial and ineffective. This method is not recommended nor endorsed by the American Academy of Otolaryngology or the Infectious Disease Society of America. In fact, this antibiotic is quite potent and only recommend for specific cases in which the benefits of treatment well outweigh the risks. Also, the diagnosis was based on an improperly taken sinus culture, so in effect, the diagnosis was "differential" and not substantiated. Patients suffering from antibiotic resistant staph or fungal infections are usually treated with topical antibiotic sinus irrigation (Gentomycin) and/or anti-fungal meds, combined with surgery. HIGHLY recommend seeking second opinions from both an infectious disease doc and an ENT not affiliated with his practice. Please do NOT move forward with Pugliese without a second opinion!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Dr. Pugliese was a life saver for me after getting an infection from a lap band procedure. He is very kind and has a great bedside manner. He is truly concerned about his patients and is honest. I highly recommend him. I will miss him. Thanks, Dr. P.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

I had been sick for 22 yrs. My dr. would not refer me to another Dr. his Asst. sent me to Dr. Pugliese and he cured me. I have CMV, MRSA and accute sinus trouble. With him and his staff I now understand about all that was wrong. He cured me and without him I would be dead. ALL of the people in his offices have always gone above and beyond for me. My family and I both would like to let the world know how greatful we are to him and the staff. Anyone who has had a long time illness with no results of a reason or cure would benefit from his services. I have refered many people to him and will continue to do so. Any time that I need him or the staff they are there for me. I will continue to use him if needed. I spent many hours in all the offices and if anyone says that they did not get good service it is because they were sick and miserable and just felt like the world was after them. I have placed my life in his hands and would send ANY of may friends and family to him!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

If had not gone to another Emory affiliated doctor in time, would have died.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Andrew Pugliese's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal