Ratings for Dr. Luis Del Rosario

I felt that the office staff was cold and distant from day one. Dr del Rosario seemed not to listen to my more important complaints and treated lesser ones. I have decided to find a new rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Initially, the doctor was arrogant and I felt he was not listening to me or taking my complaints seriously. I felt rushed through appointments which were drawn out into 6 months of test after test after test with little to nothing being done for my pain. However, from the moment a test definitively proved I had rheumatoid arthritis, his attitude changed and both the doctor and staff treated me in a more positive manner. I must add that the receptionist and the doctor's nurse continue to be very cold and unwelcoming. I will also add that Dr. Del Rosario seems very knowledgable, but "bedside manner" is totally lacking in that office.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Delrosario for 4 years, i find him very knowlegable regarding RA and PA. The office staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

arrogant, pompass, dosen't listen, no empathy . had exteme chronic pain over two years. Told me nothing wrong. My RA factor was 84 ???, Would not recomend him. You leave feeling worse than when you came in.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

As a doctor,  he is dangerous!  I was a Fibromyalgia patient of his for less than a year. This is is a difficult illness to treat.  However,  the doctor took me on as a patient, so the responsibility for my care was in his hands!  I was having SIDE EFFECTS WITH THE PAIN PATCH BURNING AND IRRITATING MY SKIN AND BECAUSE I HAD LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT, KNEW SOMETHING NEEDED TO CHANGE.!I So, I called the office.  I could not use their preferred method of communication which is an online patient portal (no online access due to a computer hacker that hacked my wife's computer and infected all our devices at home!).  ALL IT TOOK FOR THE DOCTOR TO DROP ME AS A PATIENT AND PLACE MY LIFE IN HARM WAS 30 MINUTES! The office called me to tell me that "the doctor is referring me to pain management" ! Pain management in Florida is a slippery slope where patients are treated as drug abusers, all patients must be guilty of abusing or else doctor would keep them as patients,  and you get to pee in a cup each visit to see if you are being bad! No reason why he was dropping me as a patient,  and I unkindly declined the offer of pain management! For goodness sake, this office had me sign a statement that I could be fined $ 10,000 if I misused the prescribed pain meds! Why would I jeopardize something I needed! The dangerous aspect: I was on my last patch and I KNEW THAT ABRUPTLY STOPPING WOULD CAUSE DETOXING SIMILIAR TO A HEROIN USER!  If anything during my four years of chronic pain,  I am an informed patient,  which is my responsibility! Pain Management called me 8 DAYS AFTER this doctor dropped me to schedule my first appointment! Meanwhile, I went into detox, at home, alone! The worst night, I barely recollect what I did and somehow broke a window and trashed parts of my house! What I do remember is RED PAIN AND AGONY AND WAKING UP ON THE FLOOR! THE NEXT MORNING! Why didn't I seek help, you ask?! The day the doctor dropped me, I tried to get into one treatment center, called all the other rheumatologist offices, called psychiatrist for hospital referral, and in the end, was told to go to local mental health, Circles of Care! I call that place CIRCLE OF UNCARING WHERE THEY WOULD SEE ME AS A DRUG ABUSER AND TREAT. ME. LIKE. ONE! BY MY PATIENT CHART,  THIS DOCTOR WOULD HAVE KNOWN I WAS DUE FOR A NEW SCRIPT BECAUSE EACH MONTH I HAVE TO CONTACT THE OFFICE AND PICK UP THE SCRIPT. Florida IS the worst state to be in for those of us with chronic pain conditions as some DOCTORS and THE DRUG ABUSERS HAVE EARNED FLORIDA THE NAME OF "PILL MILL" AND LEGITIMATE PATIENTS OF PAIN MEDS ARE VIEWED AS DRUG ABUSERS BY DOCTORS AND PHARMACIST. The current reforms the state of Florida and the DEA are implementing makes it so Pharmacies don't stock enough product and we need to use multiple pharmacies! This pharmacy doesn't know you and as you explain about the first pharmacy stop, you can see the pharmacy employee stiffen up and they will say they are out! You are now labeled as a drug seeking abuser of pain meds! Oh, second day detox, I HAD TO GO TO ER! The doctor was cool, settled my body down with meds, and script for med to help with detoxing and follow up with my primary doctor, which I, the RESPONSIBLE PATIENT, did! I read the paperwork last week; the ER doctor diagnosis: Drug addiction and recommended treatment center for drug abuse! Geeezzz... Today, I am off not only the pain patch but another pain med as well. The doctors prescribe pain meds for chronic pain while slapping our hands for potential drug abuse! I know what a drug abuser is and I am not one! I am now researching Fibromyalgia doctors outside Brevard country and holistic ways of managing the pain! Oh, I am not even going to discuss the impact on my marriage except to say it will take a lot of work on my part to repair my marriage! I am not posting out of malicious! THIS IS THE TRUTH OF WHAT HAPPENS TO ME WITH THIS DOCTOR! Please avoid this doctor!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

At first Dr. Luis Del Rosario was like a bad review, but every appt. got better. I don't know if it is his not knowing what to expect from each personality that distances him or just that he has clinic-cized his approach to protect his own psychy, but he does seem to be well versed in this field (not that I would know more than online research has shown me) and his staff supports him as well as the patient very well. He definitely seems to try to improve himself (and I am not a difficult person, but inquisitive, and patient).

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Mi experiencia ha sido estupenda. Es un buen doctor, agradable, acertado y preciso. Me encantó encontrarlo en el camino para cuidar de mi salud! Y su staff es maravilloso, su manager hace todo lo posible por ayudarte.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

My experience with Dr Del Rosario has only been positive. He listens and expects you to do your homework and be a participant in your own healthcare. He explains everything so that I can understand him and answers all my questions. If you are looking for someone to just sit and listen then hire a psychiatrist. If you are looking for a competent and trustworthy rheumatologist that will treat you effectively then I recommend Dr Del Rosario.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I agree with the other comments here that this doctor is rude, arrogant, and condescending. I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

El dr. Luis del Rosario es un arrogante, es pedante, carece de cortesia y es incredulo ante el dolor de los pacientes. No se comunica eficazmente para dar un buen diagnostico ya que su arrogancia y tanta seguridad de que el todo lo sabe, no se lo permite. Atiende con mucha prisa y desborda falta de interes genuina por instruir, recomendar. orientar y ayudar a sus pacientes ante un dolor cronico. Estoy totalmente insatisfecho con sus servicios y NO lo recomiendo. Espero que el lea estos comentarios para que haga un cambio en su vida profesional para q los pacientes confien en el y que no le siga sucediendo como en mi caso que ya cambie de Reumatologo. Los pacientes necesitamos atencion, dedicacion y un poco de cariño ante el dolor ajeno y empatia ante nuestro sufrimiento, porque le recuerdo que el dolor no se ve, pero si se siente, y bastante. Que entienda que es de mal gusto ser atendido con tanta prisa ya que es imposible explicar nuestros padecimientos y en 15 mins es imposible. DLB!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014