Dr. Howard Bittner

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Howard Bittner

My experience was horrible. I was sent to Dr. Bittner to retreat a root canal. Dr. Bittner left me in the hands of an assistant to finish the root canal. My tooth had major problems -- a 4th root was found by another dentist and a piece of instrument broke off and was lodged deep in the tooth for many years -- after a previous doctor worked on the tooth. I have had 5 root canals in the past and never had an endodontist leave the procedure and have an assistant finish the work. He did not speak to me during the procedure as well to give me any sense of what he was discovering/doing. I had more pain after the procedure than before. Dr. Bittner then suggested it was because I must be grinding my teeth at night on a follow up visit. He deliberately felt around my mouth and pressed hard into my gums, stating that I shouldn't have that much pain. He told me he'd reimburse me my money that afternoon. I had a witness there who confirmed that he stated he'd reimburse me. Dr. Bittner did not reimburse me. He sent a letter to me stating he changed his mind. He then told me if another dentist retreats the tooth or extracts the tooth, he'd reimburse the other dentist. I was having extraordinary financial problems and had no money to pay for a visit to another dentist. I told Dr. Bittner this fact several times. I went for a solid year with many sleepless nights and was in extraordinary pain, until the pain became intolerable. Finally, I found a kind dentist who saw me at no charge, because he was treating a few friends of mine, who suggested I see him. The only decent thing that Dr. Bittner eventually did, one year later, was reimburse the surgeon who extracted the tooth. I would never recommend Dr. Bittner to anyone. By the way, the dentist I eventually also pressed around my gums. There was no pain to my gums -- I told Dr. Bittner not to press so hard, he said he wasn't pressing hard. He is not genuine.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Love Dr. Bittner and his team of friendly and caring staff.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

We would highly recommend Dr.Bittner. He and his staff are excellent.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Dr. Bittner and his staff were amazing. I was treated with kindness and respect and overall had a positive experience for having a root canal. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

The only thing that could have made my experience better would be if they direct billed the insurance company rather than having to pay the full amount out of pocket and wait for reimbursement. Other than that Dr. Brittner and his staff were great.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I was happy with my experience there. I was a high fear patient and they were helpful and understanding. I liked that they were fast and efficient. Dr bittner was was very good.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Bittner is a rock star and his staff are outstanding! Very professional, great "bedside manner", and a top-flight endodontist. He personally called me the day after my root canal to see how I was doing. (doing well; no side effects whatsoever). Highly recommend

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I received courteous and professional treatment. I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Bittner saw me right away. would highly recommend. JP. B April 2017

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

At age 73, I've long heard how awful are root canals. When my dentist referred me to Dr. Bittner I was skeptical, to say the least. In 2 weeks, I was in his office on a Monday. In my first visit, Dr, Bittner and his Dental Assistant showed me my 360-degree CT scans and explained the proceedure for me patiently and thoroughly; I left with confidence. On the Wednesday, the procedure took 1 hour and was completely pain free; though my infection was extensive. I was shown before and after CT views. I slept and awoke pain free; for the first time in many months. Dr. Bittner phoned mid-morning to ask how I was doing. In sum, Dr. Bittner and his staff were caring , warm and professional. I recommend Dr. Bittner most highly. Jim Wuest March 2017.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I have never met a more arrogant dentist in my life. I was dumbfounded. He was rude, condescending, and treated his staff poorly. Not only was I shocked, but was embarrassed for them. I'm confident he is too egocentric to realize this. I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE. Find someone else!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016