Ratings for Dr. Matthew A. Galumbeck

I wanted Lipo of the abdomen and back. The whole thing cost me $7000 of my hard earned dollars. I'm not rich and I saved for this procedure. During the consultation Dr Galumbeck assured me that I'd have these stellar results. Maureen the person who is there to convince you with the before/after photos showed me these incredible pictures of dramatic before and after of my procedures. First of all a week of excruciating pain DESERVES at least an inch off. I am EXACTLY the same size. No change in clothing since week one! I took measurements at the 3 month Mark and I have NOTHING to show for his crappy work but 4 very ugly and uneven back scars. With no regard to aesthetics when it came to scarring my back with incision sights, and less than an inch difference 3 months later I am heartbroken! I'd lost a bit of weight on my own and felt very duped when told that I would have these dramatic results. I wasn't marked pre-surgery and everyone tried to convince me I was crazy but he was rushed

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

I had liposuction done around my love handles and abdomen by Dr. Galembeck. I am also very dissatisfied with the results. I lost only an inch around my trunk and I was not a small guy initially. I agree with the other patients about the surgery being uneven. My left side has an extra bugle to it which he assured that would go down over the course of the year. He also assured me that I would see a continued reduction in my waist, which I have not. Unlike the others, I did not have a problem with scaring. There is very little if any evidence of any plastic surgery other than the uneven sides.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

Thank you ladies for posting your comments. I am looking for a surgeon and have even had a consultation with Galumbeck but after reading your reviews I will keep looking. I am very thankful that you guys took the time to speak out so others don't go through the same experience :(

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

I had a breast augmentation along with chin liposuction. He spent very little time with me, in fact I felt rushed at every appointment. My breasts are not the size I had discussed with him and I too have very large white scarring around the nipples. Also my liposuction has made very little difference in fact it is worse because my double chin is not lopsided and I have an indention in the middle, which looks very obvious. Now I have to save up to have both procedures redone. Waste of time and waste of money. I was very self conscious about both of these things now they are worse! Oh and dont get me started on the head nurse and anesthesiologist...they both are lacking people skills.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Wow,and I thought I was the only one! I had augmentations with a lift and my breasts look terrible! I have terrible white crooked scars around both breasts. My nipples are now uneven where they weren't before. Think twice about this one!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

I had wanted to get a breast augmentation for as long as I can remember. I was so excited only to have everything go terribly wrong. My breasts look TERRIBLE! They are exactly the same size and the only difference are the horrible scars he left me with. I wrote him a 3 page letter and he blew me off. Him and his staff were terribly rude on every encounter I had with them. I would be glad to share that letter with you if you would like to see it. Contact me at wldfl0wer@yahoo.com. I told Galumbeck if I had any free time at all, I would picket in front of his establishment. I have had to save up ALL OVER AGAIN to get them redone. It was a horrid experience. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

After saving 6000 for a breast augmentation, I had the surgery. 1 month after the surgery - I noticed my nipples were positioned to be pointing at the floor. I was a 34 A befre the surgery with no drooping or kids. He informed me that I needed a breast lift?? What the heck I thought. I am only 32. I agreed and today it looks like I was carved with a butter knife. The scars are deep and disgusting. I have a lost pigmentation because of the horrible knife job. I wish this guy would realize that I am now embarrassed to take my shirt off in front of my husband. Dont fall for the commercials as I did.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Matthew A. Galumbeck's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1987)

First Health Network