Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Bock MD

I'm a new patient of Dr. Bock, I just started in June 2017. I live in Raleigh NC . I have been to every medical Facility down here, UNC, Duke, Raleigh, infectious Disease, they do not know how to treat Lyme down here. They have no clue. I am so thankful that my daughter found Dr. Bock for me. I have Stari- Lone Star tick disease & I've been crippled with pain in my left hip, groin& up & down left leg since Nov. could not walk. In June 2016 I too the 2 ticks off my lower back I was misdiagnosed down here only given 2 weeks doxy. had, flu symptoms, 8"dia red. rash on back, Every symptom of lyme, they still would not acknowledge I had Lyme. I'm so thankful for Bock its only been 4 weeks now & I'm starting to feel better. I know he's the best from other patients that have gone to him that my daughter knows. The only thing I regret is I didn't come sooner!!!!! thank you so much Dr. Bock, u are giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Bock has been very helpful but dealing with his staff is horrible. They never follow through and never return messages.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

After months of being sent from doctor to doctor for a diagnosis we were lucky enough to find Dr Bock!! He diagnosed and treated my son and we saw results almost immediately. My son went from being on crutches at 20 yrs old to walking without them within two weeks. He's back to himself and being successful in a college setting.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Bock is thorough, knowledgeable and kind. His staff is helpful and pleasant. We are very happy with the services of this practice.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Thank you Dr.Steve and all the staff. You have all been very helpful C.J.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I have been trying to find a Lyme doctor for sometime now and finally I have found Dr. Bock. He has really helped me over the last few months and couldn't thank him enough. He at times, is unorganized and I don't think he follows up with staff appropriately with certain things. It seems like he keeps all the information in his head. I also have a hard time getting through to the nurses, no one ever answers the phone and you always have to wonder if they got your call or if it is being handled. Other than that the rest of the staff is extremely helpful especially when I have had lab or supplement questions. They pick up right where Dr. Bock left off. They have been absolute lifesavers in all of this. Thank you Dr. Bock and staff I haven't felt this good in such a long time!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I am in complete agreement with those who rated Bock poorly. Have seen him for the past few months for Lyme, and although he does possess a knowledge base of this horrible disease, both he and his staff are deplorable. When he does come in the the examining room, he sits and SLOWLY types everything on his iPad. No talk, just terse questions he asks, then type type type. Not sure if he's doing a research project and using my data as part of his study, though never did inform me of that. Staff is cold, bordering on rudeness. Cost is prohibitive, though that would be okay if he actually talked with me and interacted. The last "meeting" I sat there while he typed. I was in his examining room less than 15 minutes, and was promptly billed $275.00. It was as a result of this meeting that I felt I needed to warn others about his practice. I am nit in the habit of writing bad reviews. The only time he really talked, was discussing how he skis at a local ski place and gets free passes because he once treated the owner. I feel sickened by this type of "medical practice". My father was a reknown physician in NYC, and I come from a family of researchers and physicians. My husband and I have worked in the healthcare profession for over 25 years. Lyme is debilitating; it is difficult enough to negotiate life without having your doctor treat you disrespectfully, lacking any bedside manner, other than quips about himself. Perhaps if he treated you years ago, he may have a different approach, but a a new patient who has seen him over the course of 6 months and have spent well over $2000, this is unconscionable.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

The worst medical experience of my life..the doctor and his staff..horrible people..dr bock is a greedy bloodsucker

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Total scam artist. Be warned, this isn't a medical facility, he's a charlatan preying on people's fears.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Very knowledgeable Lyme doctor. I have seen 5 doctors over the past few years fighting this disease with very poor results. I am so grateful to have found Dr Bock. After 4 years I am finally starting to feel like myself again under his treatment.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Steven J. Bock MD's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Steven Bock, M.D. has been practicing integrative medicine for over 35 years. He attended New York Medical College and received his M.D. in 1971. He was Board Certified in Family Practice in 1977 and is certified in Acupuncture. Dr. Bock was the Co-Founder and Co-Director of the Rhinebeck Health Center. He is a Diplomate of the American College of Family Practice, a Diplomate of the American Academy of Acupuncture and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. Dr. Bock’s medical practice merges traditional medicine with alternative and complementary medicine, combining the modalities of acupuncture, functional and nutritional medicine, homeopathy, herbal medicine and environmental medicine into an integrated medical model for optimal wellness. Books and Press “Stay Young the Melatonin Way” was Dr. Bock’s first book, published in 1995 by Dutton. He has co-authored 2 books entitled “Natural Relief of Your Child’s Asthma”, published in 1999 by Harper Collins and his third book “The Germ Survival Guide”, along with Nancy Faass, MSW, MPH as well, published in 2003 by McGraw-Hill. Dr. Bock has written for local and national newspapers, and lectured locally and nationally. He has appeared on local and national media including the ABC news show, 20/20, and various other radio and TV programs.

• English

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1971)

• Lyme disease