Ratings for Dr. Wendy E. Handler

I have been with Dr. Handler since she took over the practice. She is thorough, takes an appropriate amount of time to listen to each patient. She is also very straight forward and candid. I really appreciate that. I don't agree at all with a couple of these ratings questioning her knowledge. I always research everything any doctor tells me and find that what she tells me is always founded in good medical science. She has also helped me with a couple of issues that multiple other doctors have failed to resolve. I will be moving from the area in a couple of years and will hate having to find a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Wonderful doctor and staff. Always listens and is willing to try other methods before she prescribes medications, not like other doctors. Very encouraging and they truly want you to be healthy.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Really thorough and seemed like she actually cared. Hate when I see a doctor who just seems like they want to get on to the next patient. Didn't have a PCP before this and am really excited about her practice. It's just her so first pt appt can be hard to get, but she was worth the wait. Spent 30 minutes talking to me about my history and current health and made everything a breeze!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

this doctor is lacking in some of the most basic medical knowledge. i can't believe she even has a license. save your time, trouble and money. she actually made up information on different types of bacterial throat infections, or she is just that clueless.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

My husband and I have been patients of Dr Handler for about 4 years. She is very thorough and tells it like is! I am very pleased with her knowledge and that of her staff. And, I am a heck of alot healthier due to her guidance.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Handler for a couple years now, and I'm not necessarily an easy patient, but she will tell it to you like it is. If you are looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear you might want to look elsewhere, but I have been happy with the service. She is the only Dr in her office, so it can be hard to get in when you get sick (2 - 3 days sometimes), but when you are really sick they'll find a way to see you. The office staff is pretty nice. They just got a new receptionist, but the lady who takes the blood is always pleasant and remembers my name; also good with the small/rolling veins. I have always loved her specialist recommendations, but sometimes I think she could have just treated me instead of referring me to someone else.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009

Easy to get an appointment because I don't think she has many patients. Perhaps because her office staff can be rude and unhelpful and Dr. Handler does not listen to her patients complaints about this. When I tried to talk to her about it, she defended her staff and told me that I should find another practice! Quite unprofessional. No wonder the office is never crowded and you don't wait for an appointment!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

I have been going to Dr Handler for about 2 years and I think she is great. She really cares about her patients and does all possible to make sure you have the best care, even when that means a referral to a specialist. I highly recommend her as a primary care doc. I have never waited more than 5 minutes past appointment time to see her, and I have complete faith in her medical competency.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

Dr Handler was strongly recommended by one of my other doctors. I found her to be pleasant, but I wasn't sure what to make of her thoroughness and responsiveness to questions I had. Her answers did not seem grounded in science (for lack of a better word?), which I thought to be a bit odd. I'll probably go back in case it was a matter of bad first impressions, but at this point I'm not sure if her style is a good fit for me. Her staff is very, very good though, worth noting in the DC/VA area.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I have no complaints. She'll tell it to you straight. I believe she is the only doctor in her private practice. The office is very comfortable and the staff is friendly. If you need to call in and can't reach Dr. Handler, you can expect a prompt return call. It is the best service I have been able to get since moving here from the country.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2007

Dr. Wendy E. Handler's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1991)

Commercial Insurance Company