Ratings for Dr. William Colantoni

I was referred to Colantoni by a family member that had been to him before. That same family member suggested him with warning and that her husband had walked out of his appt due to rude behavior by the doc. I overlooked this due to the fact he's supposed to be an excellent doctor and booked an appt. I had to call to reschedule my initial appt due to being short handed at my office - I called over 24 hours in advance and rescheduled for the following week (this week). I just called in today having to cancel my second appt again due to shorthanded and sick staff - I was informed if I can't make my next appt I am not allowed to reschedule. I did nothing but treat this office with respect and called in a timely manner each time. I even attempted to call yesterday evening to let them know I needed to Reschedule but no one answered and there was no answering service or machine to leave a message. I suppose that's the patient's fault too. Horrible service and Connie the phone jockey obviously dislikes her job - it's blatantly evident with her lacking customer service. GO ELSEWHERE. I will not give such a place my money - should of listened to the warnings up front!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

This Dr was so rude to me I almost wanted to cry and it takes a lot to make me cry. He made me wait 45 minutes then when I asked him to look at something that took him an extra 2 min he told me I now made him run behind. He put me in another room because I guess the room I was placed in was not the right room and he was mad ..I guess this to was my fault .. after I got in that room I was made to wait 15-20 more minutes I guess that 2 minutes really made him run behind. He snapped at the women that works with him after he asked her a ? and she answered ... He acted like me being there was just a bother to him .What I was having done was not covered by Insurance which I knew before the appointment so basically I paid out of my own pocket to be treated like **** He is a mean man it goes beyond rude and he needs to retire,I am shocked he still has patients that come to him at all I imagine they are all first time patients..

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I waited for the doctor for over 40 minutes. When he arrived he began asking questions at bullet speed and did not bother to even look up to speak to me. If I hesitated for even a second while thinking how to respond he acted exasperated and intolerant. He acted as though the 2 and 1/2 minutes he had to waste trying to learn only 1 issue (only allowed to discuss 1 problem per visit according to his staff) I had been a serious waste of his time. However, he had more than enough time to discuss the origins of the words he was using back to their Greek translations. My second visit was quick to get in and see the doctor. He told me the results of the test they'd run. That was it. No time to discuss other issues. He could have told me the results over the phone. Instead I took off work 1.5 hours early, drove 20 minutes to his office and paid my co pay to be given literally 3 minutes of the man's time. I will not return to this doctor under ANY circumstances.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

I felt very uncomfortable. He seemed adgitated by my concerns. I went for a skin cancer exam and had a couple concerns and he aksed me what I wanted to do instead of him making the decision to remove the spots. He sat with his back toward me while taking my patient history. He did not smile once. He gave me statistics and was not very helpful.I went and had a second opioion and it turns out one mole does not need removed and the other one needs removed now! Not in the 3 weeks they want to wait. I have never had a doctor nor will i ever have one like him. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Impatient,rude. Dictated notes while still in the room. Recommended unnecessary surgery. Order expensive blood tests that showed incorrect results and made me pay for the blood tests again.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

I agree exactly with the other review of him. NO bed-side manner whatsoever. It seems his philosophy is more to "deal with" problems, instead of ridding of them, or curing them. Wait for 1 1/2 hours (yes, that has happened before) to see him for maybe 5 minutes and receive a few (usually favorably brand-name) prescriptions to "treat" the undiagnosed problem. Seems overall like a scam.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2007

This physician came across to me as condescending and "too busy" to listen to me. He had his back to me a large portion of his time in the exam room and sighed repeatedly as I brought up issues of concern. I found him to be quite rude and have spoken with others who have had similar experience.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2007

Dr. William Colantoni's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan