Ratings for Dr. Firind Cox

What an honest and amazing dentist... I went there for the first time after a horrible experience at another dentist, the staff were so sweet and welcoming. And, I met Dr. Cox and he made me like I was at home. I don't ever rate doctors and dentists, first time for everything I guess :-) I am going to be a loyal client !!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Wonderful dentist. Very personable and caring. Took great care with my tooth work such that I had no pain. Charged less than my previous dentist who was slow to see me but quick to charge! Wonderful staff and in a very convenient location on the subway line so I don't have to fight traffic or pay for parking.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

By far the most incredibly professional, honest and respectful dentist in existence. Staff are second to none. Appalled by the negative comment below. No chance it is of any substance. I have been a patient for over 25 years and am a handful of a patient but have never been treated with anything other than patience and understanding. Words just can't describe how incredible Dr. Cox and all of his staff are.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Met Dr. For first time today after referral from another doctor. Skeptical at first because of rating I read. Was I wrong. Everybody wonderful. No payment upfront like where son went. Told me till it in son's mouth then I pay or they go through insurance if insurance allow. Moment I walk to office, everyone friendly and warm. Oh he pays your parking. Very smart , good . Lovely people. We come back to do crown. He is amazing just like most his reviews say. Thank you .Thank you I find him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Firind Cox's response
I am shocked at your comment given that it is inconsistent with the vast majority of my ratings on this site. Furthermore, with over 26 years in private practice, I take great pride in the ethics, professionalism, integrity and decency of both my staff and myself. Your post does not reflect any interaction that I have had with any patient in recent or past history. Nevertheless, as you claim to have been financially exploited, I invite you to call me personally at 416-499-4351 to discuss this most serious matter. Dr. Firind Cox

Submitted March 13, 2016

I can not say nothing than best dental work, help, assistance, staff assitance, ... I am more than Happy to found him. I had few other dentist in Toronto, was no comparison with doctor Cox in so many ways. Always he is there for his patience during working hours and after hours... amazing and brilliant. Thanks to him i have a beautiful smile.... MP

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I wish I went to Dr. Cox years ago instead of my previous dentist for 20 years. Dr. Cox is very professional, attentive and detail orientated which puts him well above and beyond his colleagues. Also another important factor he has a very low staff turnover unlike my previous dentist where there was always someone new every time I visited. Dr. Cox extracted the upper right wisdom tooth and the procedure was performed quickly and smoothly with a minimum of pain and swellng only requiring two Tylenol 3's. He has exceptionally good eye and hand coordination. I correctly guessed after the first filling that he played the grand piano which is also an important asset in performing intricate dental procedures. For the past three years I have been a patient and I always look forward to seeing Dr. Cox and would highly recommend his exceptional services.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

After having moving around so much in Canada due to my job, I have seen a lot of dentists, not one compares to Dr. Cox, he was patient, knowledgeable, and explained what I was in for. Also a big thank you for the extra mile his staff went through to pull together all my records!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Firind Cox's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

B.Sc. - Trinity College, University of Toronto, 1981-1985. D.D.S. - Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, 1985-1989. Dental resident - Toronto western Hospital, 1989-1990. Active clinical staff - University Health Network (Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto general Hospital), 1990-2003. Private practice, 1989-present. Clinical associate, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, 1990-present.

• University of Trinity College Toronto (Grad. 1985)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)

• ITI member
  • Crown and Bridge prize, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
  • Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful dentist. Very personable and caring. Took great care with my tooth work such that I had no pain. Charged less than my previous dentist who was slow..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I agree with other that he is very nice, but the dental works he has done on my teeth, bring me greater problem and pain. "

April 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "By far the most incredibly professional, honest and respectful dentist in existence. Staff are second to none. Appalled by the negative comment below. No chance..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Met Dr. For first time today after referral from another doctor. Skeptical at first because of rating I read. Was I wrong. Everybody wonderful. No payment upfro..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Terribly unprofessional and only cares about extracting money from you. His staff is worse than he is."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can not say nothing than best dental work, help, assistance, staff assitance, ... I am more than Happy to found him. I had few other dentist in Toronto, was n..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love this dentist. Front desk so warm and remembers everything. Makes you feel at home and like family. Knowledgeable dentist"

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I wish I went to Dr. Cox years ago instead of my previous dentist for 20 years. Dr. Cox is very professional, attentive and detail orientated which puts him we..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After having moving around so much in Canada due to my job, I have seen a lot of dentists, not one compares to Dr. Cox, he was patient, knowledgeable, and expla..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cox is away but office is open for hygienist. Had the pleasure of seeing Marilyn the hygienist. She is fantastic. I literally fell asleep in the chair. I sa..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cox is one of the most knowledgable and patient dentist's I have been to. He spent time to explain and provide details related to my treatment and ensured ..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing and conservative dentist. Busy office but staff do try accommodate you as soon as possible. Thanks for giving up your lunch to treat me"

December 28, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "What a crook! After getting a second opinion from another dentist, I found out that this guy charged me for work that I didn't even need! I feel cheated and mis..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Really did not enjoy my visit to this dentist. The dentist was not paying attention to me at all while I was in the chair and the woman at the front was rude an..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What an honest and amazing dentist... I went there for the first time after a horrible experience at another dentist, the staff were so sweet and welcoming. And..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing dentist and dentist office. His professionalism and caring level for his patience it is very rear to find now a days. He goes out of his way to do the v..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Cox on a Friday and was back at work by Monday. I was a highly nervous patient but he talked me through the whole procedur..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Have had several dentists in the past, but Dr Cox is phenomenal. His staff are attentive and helpful. He is knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner. ..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had recently moved to Toronto for a job and was looking for a dentist. A colleague of mine recommended Dr. Cox. I recently had my appointment with him and i..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Great Experience. Has been my dentists since I moved to Toronto three years ago! Clean and knowledgable"

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing dentist! Extremely knowledgable and makes you feel like your part of the family ! Great attention to detail and the staff are super friendly "

June 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cox is truly a gifted and talented dentist! He embodies the best of professionalism and expertise. I count myself truly thankful to have him as my dentist!"

March 24, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Happy until now. Apparently I have a cavity that has gotten so bad that the tooth cannot be saved. I don't understand why it was not caught until too late. "

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent dentist. Dr. Cox always explain different options for your treatment and recommend what is best for the patient and NOT for his pocket. He is knowledg..."

March 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I started going to Dr Cox about 10 years ago as I had a growth on the top of my mouth and was petrified of what it could be. I am so thankful that I was referre..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cox is the kind of dentist everyone should have. He takes great pride in his work and cares about his clients. He never cuts corners, is meticulous with de..."

March 6, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I enjoy dental visits, and usually have good checkups. Recently I was told that I need some really expensive work to fix damage done by tooth grinding. I don't ..."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cox and his entire staff are amazing. . I have been going to this office for the last 8 years and have absolutely no complaints. Always professional and o..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient at north York dental clinic for 4 years . This is very convenient office for me and my family . Dr Houra has a gentle hand and she is ver..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had Dr. Cox for the last four years. He is outstanding and I've recommended him to everyone I know. He's not the kind of dentist that pushes expensive fixe..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I agree with previous patient! Bad experience. I wouldn't recommend this dental office."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been to other dentists around the city (I tend to try and lessen my commute) but I always end up back at his office. Nice modern office and extremely nice..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very negative experience with staff and DDS. Obviously all his family and friends have written fake comments to yield unfounded high ratings here."

October 18, 2014
  • Suite has been updated from "206" to "Suite 206".

October 8, 2014
  • Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M2P 2C2". Address has been updated from "None" to "20 York Mills Road". Suite has been updated from "None" to "206". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "416-499-4351".

October 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had been with my original dentist for about 25 years and decided to find a new one because he kept ripping me off and telling me to do things I didn't need do..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just went for a cleaning after a friend's recommendation. Great overall experience, from booking to reception (and easily accommodating my appointment mix-up) t..."

September 11, 2014
  • City changed from "North York" to "Toronto"

September 29, 2013
  • City changed from "Toronto" to "North York"

September 28, 2013