Ratings for Dr. Nadeem Bhanji

With a chuckle, he told me multiple times that he didn't understand why I was so upset but wouldn't listen to an explanation or anything else I said. Upon asking if it might be suitable to go off my medications, as my long term psychologist was unsure of my diagnosis, he rushed me off. Somehow left with a note for my family doctor saying I am referred for another assessment (nope, I sure am not and told him so), and that there should be no medication changes until then (despite telling him several times, even as he wrote the note, that I don't feel well after the medicine change). Maybe he was threatened that his diagnosis was questioned and would have preferred I went to my follow up to tell him he's a genius and I feel great. Either way, he sent a sobbing mentally unstable woman out the door ASAP. Not impressed and since the med change I am, for the first time in my life, feeling suicidal. I don't know what I did wrong in that appointment and I don't know what to do now so yeah, not a great experience.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Bhanji has been a godsend for our family. After so many other psychiatrist's failed to help us we were giving up hope. No words can express our gratitude.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr. Bhanji was extremely helpful today, I can't thank him enough his kindness and thoughtful care.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

helpful and very blessing , call him God. he recovered me and saved my life, he is so caring and also very passionate, his personal and staff are great as well

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Bhanji is very personable with great listening skills. He has the patience to listen to me and my life experiences. Personally, he is approachable and I feel no judgement. I don't experience and feel that I'm being judged or analyzed. In fact I always leave knowing I have someone who cares and is always interested in how I feel and what's happening with me, my MS and my well being. I trust this man and that says a lot to me. I appreciate his professional demeanor and he is my Doctor that has been there when I feel the rest of the world is not. Everyone has their personal experiences based on their feelings at the time. I feel all the time that I have a Dr. who is there. And yes he is very stylish with lovely shoes but that adds to his personal Charisma as a person who cares about himself as well. It makes me feel good and happy to see someone who conducts himself professionally and is charasmatic because he is comfortable with himself which makes me feel comfortable too. I like Dr. Bhanji and my service birds do too. That speaks volumes to me when animals respond in a positive way as well. And no my birds are not on meds. LOL.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Showed up at PLC emerg and was treated like a child and mocked by him because of my mental health issues. The 5 star reviews have to be fake because this man is very condescending and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I saw Dr Bhanji at PLC in emergency, I was suicidal. He was very empathic with me and took the time to explain to me how my brain works and why it doesn't fire properly. To me Dr Banji saved my life. He is excellent!! I've read previous reviews, I work for many doctors and I think people need to understand the hours doctors put into their work and patients; if I worked their hours of get cranky off and on too. I have suffered with depression and anxiety for many years and thanks to Dr Bhanji I'm finally on the road to recovery.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Bhanji is one of the most empathetic, understanding professionals working in the Psychiatric field in Calgary. His insights and focused treatment allowed me to work towards recovery and away from the holding pattern I had found myself in.

Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr Bhanji is an amazing and understanding Dr and is very effective at what he does.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I have seen Dr. Bhanji twice at the Sheldon Chumir and I found him to be compassionate, kind and understanding. The last time I saw him I was a mess and he helped me understand better why I felt the way I did because of my bpd traits. He actually listens and answers your questions. Thanks to him my nightmares have reduced significantly whereas I used to have them almost every night, and that from only one visit. He's an amazing doctor especially compared to all the arrogant, beligerent psychiatrists out there. He truly cares and thanks to him I can sleep at night. Highly recommend him and his eccentric style is awesome. He understood what was wrong with me right away, great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015