Ratings for Dr. Don Pezzot

Talks too much and manipulates the conversation to talk about superficial things and deflect from important subjects . Talks too much about homosexual copulation. Makes too many false assumptions. Wastes half your session to talk about medications . Does not remember what he said from session to session, often saying contradictory things. Does not take responsibility for his errors or assumptions. Even if you must do it covertly, be sure to record your sessions so you can have personal records of what was said.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Truly one of the most important parts of my healing and living well for the past 18 years.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

The retirement of Dr. Pezzot is a loss to the psychiatric community of Vancouver. Psychiatrists of his calibre are very few and far between. I am confident I speak for many in saying I am fortunate to have had the privilege to have met such a GENUINELY caring, knowledgeable, sensitive, and professional psychotherapist. I would congratulate him on his years of dedication to his patients and profession, and would wish him a happy, well deserved and hard earned retirement.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Upon his retirement, a shame to lose his vast knowledge and expertise.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Best therapist I've ever had. Helped me in ways none had succeeded before.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I was treated by Pezzot for several months in 1991, while in a deep depressive episode of bipolar 2. If I was literally 2 minutes late, he spent the next 15 minutes berating me. Finally, he announced that he would not see me due to his counter-transference and I was left without a doctor. To me he did me a lot of harm when I was at my most vulnerable. He was the worst doctor, I have been to.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

I DON/T IDOLIZE PEZZOT . THE WORLD WILL STILL revolve when he retire's.!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Before I became a patient of Dr. Pezzot's I had been highly skeptical of the mental health industry and had refused to get professional help for years out of fear of being misdiagnosed and simply pushed pills and sent on my way home. I had asked for psychiatrist referrals from my family doctor several times in the past but found all of the sessions to be about the psychiatrists themselves-- they seemed to derive pleasure from being in the position of power and speaking at you without actually attempting to solve whatever it was that you came to see them for. This only served to reinforce my beliefs and refrain from seeking professional help. I had been depressed for most of my adult life and after hitting a very low period of being suicidal and unable to get out of bed for weeks I finally decided to give a psychiatrist another chance. I contacted several of the top rated ones on RateMDs and was able to get an appointment with Dr. Pezzot. From the get-go, he seemed a lot more compassionate, empathetic, caring and intelligent than any of the psychiatrists that I had seen prior. I was adamant about not being put on pills and Dr. Pezzot assured me that his primary focus was on talk therapy. aimed at identifying the cause of depressive symptoms. I hadn't been prescribed any medication and I am doing a lot better. Dr. Pezzot is an amazing doctor who really made me see the mental health industry in a positive light. It'll be a sad day for Vancouver when he retires.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr.P's, seeing him on and off, for 18 years. He is practically family and I'm saddened that he will likely retire in about a year. He is the last of a dying breed of psychiatrists that *truly* care, seeing patients in a comfy and warm "livingroom" setting, using various types of talk therapy, and medications when/if appropriate. I owe the success I have had in life to Dr.P for guiding me in managing my mental health issues. I came to him severely broken, and twenty years later I have a family with kids, a great career, and an education. I love myself and understand my brain and heart. When I came to him I was suicidal and had barely survived some extensive childhood trauma. If I hadn't met him, my life would have been A LOT different, as I had been through an endless number of hospital type settings and psychiatrists in white lab coats who barely even get to know you. Thank you Dr.P. You are amazing.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Saving my life an mental health, since 1998! LOVE this man.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015