You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Don Pezzot

Before I became a patient of Dr. Pezzot's I had been highly skeptical of the mental health industry and had refused to get professional help for years out of fear of being misdiagnosed and simply pushed pills and sent on my way home. I had asked for psychiatrist referrals from my family doctor several times in the past but found all of the sessions to be about the psychiatrists themselves-- they seemed to derive pleasure from being in the position of power and speaking at you without actually attempting to solve whatever it was that you came to see them for. This only served to reinforce my beliefs and refrain from seeking professional help. I had been depressed for most of my adult life and after hitting a very low period of being suicidal and unable to get out of bed for weeks I finally decided to give a psychiatrist another chance. I contacted several of the top rated ones on RateMDs and was able to get an appointment with Dr. Pezzot. From the get-go, he seemed a lot more compassionate, empathetic, caring and intelligent than any of the psychiatrists that I had seen prior. I was adamant about not being put on pills and Dr. Pezzot assured me that his primary focus was on talk therapy. aimed at identifying the cause of depressive symptoms. I hadn't been prescribed any medication and I am doing a lot better. Dr. Pezzot is an amazing doctor who really made me see the mental health industry in a positive light. It'll be a sad day for Vancouver when he retires.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr.P's, seeing him on and off, for 18 years. He is practically family and I'm saddened that he will likely retire in about a year. He is the last of a dying breed of psychiatrists that *truly* care, seeing patients in a comfy and warm "livingroom" setting, using various types of talk therapy, and medications when/if appropriate. I owe the success I have had in life to Dr.P for guiding me in managing my mental health issues. I came to him severely broken, and twenty years later I have a family with kids, a great career, and an education. I love myself and understand my brain and heart. When I came to him I was suicidal and had barely survived some extensive childhood trauma. If I hadn't met him, my life would have been A LOT different, as I had been through an endless number of hospital type settings and psychiatrists in white lab coats who barely even get to know you. Thank you Dr.P. You are amazing.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Saving my life an mental health, since 1998! LOVE this man.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Pezzot is simply awesome. Brilliant, compassionate, hard-working and gifted with insight. The day he retires will be a loss for Vancouver. Wish there were higher stars for him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I saw Don Pezzot for five years until 2009 and he saved me from depression, suicidal ideation, and using hard drugs. He is an asset to the LGBTQ community in Vancouver. His knowledge and practice of LGBTQ sexual health is above the cut.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Pezzot is a gifted psychiatrist and is very patient-centred. He is one of the few psychiatrists I have ever heard of who respects a client's wish to not take drugs. He creates a very safe environment, and provides excellent suggestions for clients to continue working on their emotional health outside of his office. He doesn't try to keep clients coming to him year after year unless there is a clear need. I cannot say enough good things about this mental health professional who saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

One of the kindest and compassionate Doctors with excellent skills and knowledge. This guy knows his stuff and is able to apply theories into real life situations, allowing one a greater perspective and ability to understand, heal and grow from a place of love.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr. Pezzot has been found to be a compassionate, professional and caring doctor. It is not all about medication, which he closely monitors and controls, but combines with intesive psychotherapy for lasting long-term results

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

If you are serious about getting well, and are willing to work at it, he is the best.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Don Pezzot's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Before I became a patient of Dr. Pezzot's I had been highly skeptical of the mental health industry and had refused to get professional help for years out of fe..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr.P's, seeing him on and off, for 18 years. He is practically family and I'm saddened that he will likely retire in about a year. He is ..."

February 7, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Saving my life an mental health, since 1998! LOVE this man."

May 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Called to see how could I get to see Dr. Pezzot, they said He doesn't take any patients because they shut down their lists 3 years ago.... "

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pezzot is simply awesome. Brilliant, compassionate, hard-working and gifted with insight. The day he retires will be a loss for Vancouver. Wish there wer..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Don Pezzot for five years until 2009 and he saved me from depression, suicidal ideation, and using hard drugs. He is an asset to the LGBTQ community i..."

February 16, 2015