Ratings for Dr. Austin L. Rivett

I felt rushed in and out. He doesn't take time to really talk to you and I felt like I was just another sheep being herded through his office.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

I went in for a test to check for cancer growth/change. The Doctor gave me correct advice about which test I should have. The lab report came back quickly.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Our family doctor for 3-4 years. Most helpful. Good listener. Set up a program that helps me successfully manage cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels. Seems to keep up to date on latest medications and what might be helpful for me. Seems to know when to recommend that I see a specialist or undergo more extensive diagnostic procedures. No complaints from here.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Saw him for an allergy condition, got a higher than usual BP reading then all he wanted to talk about was that. Wouldn't discuss allergy med change. The BP reading went down 20 points in five minutes so I think it was off to begin with. Called back a couple days later to see about the allergy situation and was told I had to come back in for another appointment! This man is good at routine things but he is not good at diagnostics. Insisted my allergy symptoms were hypertensive related. I feel we wasted our money as we had to pay the bill due to insurance deductable not yet met. Seems sort of rigid and I don't think he relates well to older patients.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Dr. Austin L. Rivett's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Commercial Insurance Company