Ratings for Dr. Karan J. Singh

flat out said nothing he could do for pain for now...then after much teeth pulling he said he thinks ibuprophen would be good for my son for pain...then lied about the radiology procedure being painful as we could have had sedation if requested (but were told no pain!!)

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

At 69, I had developed a very challenging prostate problem that prevented me from leaving the house for more than 30 minutes at a time without wearing uncomfortable "pull-ups". I consulted Dr. Karan Singh and he conducted a very thorough examination and tests in an effort to avoid surgery, but in the end, when surgery was the only meaningful alternative, I was confident that I would be well treated - and I wasn't disappointed. The surgery took about 90 minutes. I was blissfully out for the duration, and recovery was without incident. After a quick overnight stay in the hospital, I spent a couple of days watching terrible TV until doctor's great staff removed the catheter, and I was back on my feet. Two weeks later, I'm "whizzing like a teenager" with no discomfort. Moreover, the "urgency" problem has disappeared. I would highly recommend Dr. Singh to men with similar prostate challenges.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

Dr. Singh took care of my incontinence problem and now I'm completely dry. I recommended him to my mother and sister also. I would go back to him in a heartbeat. The staff is very friendly also. They have a very nice and well equipped office.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

I really liked the doctor. He helped me with my prostate problem. We tried medications first and when that didn't work, we proceeded with surgery. He did a great job. I am very happy with the results. I would definately recommend this doctor to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Excellent doctor. Great bedside manner. Unlike previous review, he spend as much as I needed. Not only did he make the correct diagnosis, but I am much better now that he treated me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I have seen this doctor about erectile dysfunction 3 times now. On first note, the lady working at his Mission Viejo office as a receptionist is never polite. I always wait about 20 minutes in the room for Dr. Singh, which bothers me since he never spends more than 10 minutes maximum discussing my problem. As far as his bedside manner, he is nice, but never resolves anything and is making me feel hopeless. Every time I make an appointment, nothing gets done and then the next closest appointment is at least a month later. I've come to the conclusion now that I need to cut my losses and find a REAL urologist, who will recognize my problem, assess it correctly and find a proper treatment. Dr. Singh has done none of these things. When I was referred to one of his associates last time I went, his associate discussed possible medications for me. When I called in asking for the prescription, he simply declined.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Very knowledgeable and explained everything to me in detail I could understand. But still referred me to another md.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Singh for almost a year and am absolutely unhappy. He diagnosed me with a disease that gives me chronic pain and has no cure, but has done VERY little to educate me on this disease, things I can do to help my pain, progressive stages I need to watch for or diagnose me with another condition it causes which I more than obviously have and causes me a LOT of pain and could lead to me not be able to hold my bladder or worse. Everything I have learned is from my own online research and had I not done this could have ended up in very bad situations. He has a good bedside manner, but beyond that is NOT helpful in educating you or properly medicating you. He will not give me anything for the pain or spasms even though all literature I find recommend the meds I need. As it turns out my dental hygentist also went to him a couple years ago and feels the same, if not worse than I do. I would recommend him for diagnosing, but not for treatment.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Very knowledgable and caring. Took the time to explain everything. Excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2007

Dr. Karan J. Singh's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Laguna Hills, CA