Dr. David M. Oster

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David M. Oster

I can easily write Dr. Olster and staff as excellent care physician and staff assistant. I received complete healing on shoulder surgery. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

This place is awful! The front desk staff are snotty and rude, the appointments are never even remotely close to on time, you are rushed through your appointments once you are finally seen, and you typically end up with less than 5 minutes of actual face time with the doctors per visit. Dr. Oster may have been good a decade or two ago but not anymore. He managed to botch the same two surgeries on me within 6 months and then had to refer me out to a better practice when he still didn't have an answer for why things went so wrong after the second surgery. My first surgery was rescheduled less than 15 hours prior to my start time because they booked another surgery in my time slot; I was told I had to take the new time that was much later in the day or reschedule to a different week altogether. No apologies, nothing. Just "we're moving your surgery time tomorrow. You and the person taking you home from surgery will need to adjust your day." Despite me vocalizing my concerns with progress & results at every appointment after the first surgery, it didn't sink through to Dr. Oster until the second surgery (to fix what he didn't the first time) when he literally stopped mid surgery to go outside & tell my spouse he didn't know how my joint how gotten so bad since the last surgery and that he couldn't fix it. Apparently he completely missed the damage on the most recent MRI I had just done. He literally just stitched me back up and referred me elsewhere. Two surgeries later and now I'm worse off than I ever was before. Look somewhere else for an orthopedic group. Dr. Oster can't be bothered to take the time to actually listen to his patients and is completely lacking in compassion. The staff is all about pushing revenue by just getting bodies in the door and getting surgeries scheduled. Definitely not recommended.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Oster's compassion towards my father. He spent a good 20 moinutes explaining his procedure to him in a way he understood.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Very friendly, and fairly helpful, but doesn't spend much time with patients. Wait time varied for me between 15 minutes and an hour beyond scheduled appointment time.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

Dr. Oster completed ACL reconstructive surgery on me. I would recommmend him to anyone in need. He is an overall great guy. Caring, personable, and on top of details. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes in the waiting room. His staff at the Sky Ridge location have always been friendly.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Dr. David M. Oster's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal