Ratings for Dr. R. James Bond

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. bond or his staff... They are Life savers

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I had a Nuss bar removal a few days ago and I am very happy with the results, I am able to breathe normally and the results are fantastic. In 2014 I had the Nuss bar done and I always follow up with Dr Bond with any questions that I had and they will always scheduled to see me if I needed it any advice or help. The staff was very professional and handled the procedure in a profesinonal manner from the very beginning. I don't understand the comments below that you have been reschedule for couple of times.... So what...I think is normal when other patients have a life threatening surgery to be done. Wake up people! All the staff that worked with him from the office and Surgical room have done an amazing job including the staff at the surgery admissions at Surrey memorial. Thank you Dr. Bond for changing my life!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

After being diagnosed with a paralyzed Lt diaphragm in 2014 - only able to breathe properly unless upright - was told at St Paul's Hospital that there was nothing that could be done , my GP referred me to Dr. Bond. Within 6 months, he performed a diaphragmatic plication which changed my life. I was able to breathe normally, exercise, walk without shortness of breath - and even go back to work. Am grateful every day that my GP knew who would be able to help me!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Seen this doctor and waited an hour past appointment time. I understand this if he was busy but when he came in he was rude, short and dismissive before I said a word . He should realize patients see him because they are worried or scared in regards to their situation. The last thing they need is the doctor to be rude. Whether they are busy or not or a great surgeon they should treat patients with some sort of compassion.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

It has been years since Dr Bond was part of my surgical team to perform a rib resection. I am still in pain. I found Dr Bond to be vain and over-confident and under-qualified. After almost two months in the hospital, and going into cardiac arrest, I was transferred to another hospital whose surgeons stated that Dr Bond and the other two surgeons who worked on me were 'in over their heads'. Dr Bond never accepted any responsibility during the morbidity study; he is so full of himself.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr Bond is amazing and helped me when no one else would.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Have recently begun to seriously consider getting the nuss procedure done and was wondering what to expect from Dr Bond. After reading some reviews I am having some second thoughts and fears about seeing him. If anyone has gone through it and would be willing to share some information that would be awesome. You can contact me at vincentdonovan6@gmail.com. Thanks

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Ihave never met the guy, the only piture I saw of him is in SMH on the wall. Augu 3 2016 smashed my car up, broken sturnam , ribs etc. I found out he was the surgeon who put me back together. Thanks Dr.Bond.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

He botched my Nuss surgery so bad he ended up leaving me with less then 2cm between sternum and spine and years of pain.... then refused to see me to discuss it. MSP ended up approving me to go to the US where I had a perfect correction and was told that they have had to fix many of Dr. Bond's nuss patients after he's botched them! Don't ever let this man touch you if you have Pectus excavatum. He'll leave you more damaged and not even care enough to discuss his failure with you. He has an ego problem and his MOA is even worse! She is the rudest person I've ever met and she can't keep track of medical records, constantly loosing scans and forgetting when shes booked you appointments. Almost never Answers the phone about ignores emails. She rude and should not be working on such a profession. Shes incompetent

Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr bond is a horrible doctor. I was on the waiting list for about 4 ueats to have surgery to fix my gerds. Needless to say i had several surgery dates cancelled and when i finally got a surgery date after loosing 100 lbs and having to involve my mla at the time i wound up pregnant with my first child and had to cancel the surgery. I have not gone back. I would rather suffer than deal with this man ever again. His attitude is completely unprofessional

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017