Ratings for Dr. AL Jiwa

Dreadfully rude receptionist, really attitude, embarrasses you in front of waiting room clients. Sent my confidential medical letter (that outlined multiple necessary procedures and high cost) to my relatives with only the same last name and NOT same address as myself. This was my PRIVATE medical info and is a gross breach of privacy act laws! I should have sued for this blatantly neglectful handling of my medical file and I suffered outright ridicule for how much it would cost to have certain procedures done! My relatives are callous and still mock me over this. Unbelievable! Dr Jiwa's receptionist rude, haughty, arrogant and unfriendly as others have stated here and I have seen two different patients storm out the door, one elderly lady was really upset at the meanness and rudeness of office staff.. Dr Jiwa seems also tries to save time thereby making more money by not waiting for freezing to completely set, then gives far too much if you say it hurts and freezing not settled in. Had appt with other specialist, who was great and said he's send forms to Dr Jiwas office and they'd follow up with me. NO Response, NO followup from Dr.'s office! When I mentioned to receptionist she sarcastically smirked/frowned/gave haughty attitude and blamed first other Dr., then me! NO follow up at all for my next stage of treatment. I am now very happy with new dentist and specialist, what a difference a kind, caring and respectful staff of my new dentists. Beware of this dentist and staff. As others have written, the receptionist needs sensitivity training and she has never smiled once in the four years we have been patients. Much happier now with much better and more caring, friendly new dentist and specialist. Stay away.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Jiwa's for a number of years. I've never been a fan of any dentist due to past experience, but I would recommend Dr. Jiwa . He's always polite, and I have no fear of any pain during dental procedures. His staff have always been polite and kind. I'm glad they look after "big chickens" ;)

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr Jiwa is a kind doctor and he seems to know his stuff, but you see him for maybe 2 minutes out of your 30 minute appointment. His nurses do the majority of the work, which I know is how things sometimes go. But I did have something wrong with my jaw (TMJ) but had no idea who I go to to manage that, and all he quickly suggested was that I go to the "university" where I studied to get it checked out. I'm not really sure what that meant... my university doctor? The med school? No idea, and no referral given. I didn't even feel comfortable asking questions because he seemed so rushed. Upon leaving I was charged double for my cleaning, which I paid for politely without any protest. I cannot afford regular dental care, I would go more often if I had the means to do so. The receptionist gave me attitude and scolded me for not coming more often and I felt very uncomfortable. I told her I don't have the money for that unfortunately and she says "well you get charged double anyway." She should have just left it but instead verbally scolded me in front of others in the waiting room. I felt very embarrassed. I have a friend that also goes to Jiwa and I realized that she had also been nasty to my friend too. I would recommend that Dr. Jiwa spends more time with his patients and that he hire a friendlier receptionist that has stronger sensitivity training. Maybe she is stressed and needs more office support. But it's not acceptable, and I won't be going back because of her. I hope she reads this.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr Jiwa is a great dentist. Friendly, professional, knowledgeable. I have been going to him since he came to Belleville very happy he is my dentist. His staff are great too

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr. Jiwa is a great dentist, probably the best I've ever gone to. He is friendly, professional, and takes the time to hear and address any of my concerns. I've never had an issue with any of the procedures I needed. His assistants are helpful and kind as well.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr Jiwa is the most kind and gentle dentist ever! NO pain with needles, rarely uses dental dams which I hate. Explains clearly and concisely. All this and he's quick too!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I am 68 years old, and have a history of tooth repair, being challenged with soft teeth. Having served in the Canadian Forces, my family and I have lived from coast-to-coast. Dr. Jiwa and his staff are incredible. Simply #1, in my experience!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr. Jiwa is an excellent dentist. He is patient and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Best dentist I have ever had. So good at giving needles I don't feel sick going for procedures because of his majic hands.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Always a pleasure, and you never feel the needles go in (this unto itself is worth switching). Very accomodating and great follow up with apt's by staff.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015