Ratings for Dr. Ronald P. Ciccone

Very knowledgeable and caring doctor. He is helping me avoid full blown diabetes type II by helping me get blood sugar and insulin levels down before type II takes hold. I also am on the Boston Heart Study which assesses your risk for heart disease. Type II diabetes stemming from insulin resistance and heart disease are the top killers in women so I want to reduce those risks and I trust Dr. Ciccone to lead me in the right direction.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I haven't seen Dr. Ciccone yet (I rated him a 5 for punctuality & knowledge because I hear very good things about him) but I had two encounters with his awful staff. I spoke with the receptionist when I called initially to set up an appointment. She was new and wasn't very helpful. As a new patient calling, I could have benefited from some detailed information about how their office works, as they don't just set you up with an appointment right when you call. They have to fax or mail their forms to you (no email & you can’t obtain them online), you fill them out, you either drop them off at the office or mail them back (again, no email option), and then they call you to schedule an appointment. The receptionist expected me to know this - I had to drag this information out of her. I can excuse this because she was new. However, finally today someone called me to set up an appointment. She had an attitude from the beginning of our conversation. The office only sees new patients Monday through Thursday at either 10 am or 3 pm. She threw out a few times for me to come in and they didn't work for me. These aren't the most convenient times for anyone with a job or a family or a life for that matter, so it was difficult for me to find a day and time on the spot when she called. She then rudely told me to tell her some days & times that worked for me because she was getting frustrated with me. She proceeded to tell me that she had patients standing in front of her that needed assistance. SHE called ME, though.... why she would call a new patient to schedule one of the two times they have available while she has patients in front of her is beyond me. She was blatantly rude to me. If Dr. Ciccone didn’t come so highly recommended, I would run the other way and never look back. I hung up the phone after my discussion feeling pretty crappy and anxious that I have to eventually deal with this her in person. I go to the doctor’s to feel BETTER not worse. I write good reviews often, I even send letters to the headquarters of many companies when I receive exceptional service. People who are helpful and provide good customer service deserve to be recognized. I don’t usually write bad reviews, I just don’t say anything at all, but I am sick and tired of being treated like this when I am a paying customer, even if it is in the medical profession. Please don’t work in a field where you have contact with other people if you are nasty. Dr. Ciccone, please find a new staff!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Ciccone dropped my daughter as a patient because he is a spineless coward. He chose to avoid an uncomfortable situation with my daughter's father, even with court reassurances, because his own personal comfort is more important than caring for his patients. I would never recommend him as a physician because he will run at the first sight of anything uncomfortable and leave you with nothing.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Best doctor ever! SO helpful and caring about his patients. I'd definitely recommend him to others!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Unparalleled Diagnostician. Patient in developing and adjusting diagnostic and treatment plans. Dr. Ron LISTENS and OBSERVES intently. Because of this, he caught things other Physicians did not in 20+ years of trying to find what was wrong with me. Dr. ciccone's diagnostic, treatment, and collaborative skills are unmatched: he has given me a new life! The week link here is staff. The nurse on staff who draws blood was frankly insensitive to this patient, demanding I be on time when poisoning had me so screwed up, I did not always know what day it was! She seemd unaware of what was going on for me or in my chart to know that I came complaining of confusion. The front end is friendly and they try. They seem to use old systems and could benefit from guidance from a pro office manager who could infuse some more technology into processes. My advice is put up with the staff as they slowly improve, as the Dr. is well worth the effort to tolerate admin set up there.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

I was at the onset of a critical illness, missed my appointment and called to inquire when was the appt. as I could not remember. I was told he dropped me because of missed appt. Further, the tests I had taken - which were critcally important to my situation - he did not bother to discuss or send me a written review so I could be informed of my condition. I found out after emergency surgery that he failed to inform me of my test results which may have prevented the emergency.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr. Ciccone COMPLETELY changed my life. I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder years after I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was on many medications. Through Dr. Ciccone (and my Chiropractor, Dr. Gerald Creedon) I was treated for neurotransmitter imbalances, which the bipolar meds made worse. After the proper transition off my meds and onto amino acid supplements, I saw major improvements. Then I eventually transitioned off the supplements. I am a completely different person with no signs of Bipolar, anxiety, or insomnia. The fibromyalgia pain has been dramatically reduced too. All I need now are maintenance visits of chiro. and massage 1 or 2 times a month. For about 7 years now, I have been able to live a normal life with no medications and I couldn't have done it without Dr. Ciccone.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I was at the end of my rope when I first saw Dr. Ciccone. He had me fill out many pages of all my health concerns prior to my appointemnt which was very helpful. I had been to several doctors who did not diagnose my complaints of being exhausted and fatigued. Dr. Ciccone listened empathetically to all of my ailments. He FOUND MY LYMES DISEASE! I would recommend him to EVERYONE!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

Out and out, the best. Excellent at what he does.Knows all about medicines, supplements, and vitamins. The ONLY doc I go to and will yell from the rooftops, only go to Dr Ciccone!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Fabulous doctor! I would never consider changing physicians!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Ronald P. Ciccone's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med