Ratings for Dr. Firoz Miyanji

We took our son, almost 10 years old, to Dr. Miyanji for a second opinion. My son broke his arm (both bones completely broken in forearm near wrist) and after only 3 weeks (we had weekly appts for the first 3 weeks) a Dr. at another hospital (we live far from Children's) said to come back after 3 more weeks and the cast will then come off. We expressed that our son is an extremely active boy who plays competitive rep-level sports and were concerned 6 weeks in total might not be enough time considering the severity of the break and how active he is. The original Dr. insisted it would be fine. We brought our son to Dr. Miyanji 3 days before the cast was supposed to be removed. We didn't tell him what the original Dr. had said, but after X-rays and an examination, he said the cast needs to be on for another 4 weeks! He also said this cast was getting too loose and promptly replaced it - with a waterproof one. I believe getting a second opinion from Dr. Miyanji prevented my son from possibly reinjuring his arm by taking off his cast prematurely! He also explained the healing process in detail and showed us the X-rays, something that was not done at the 'other' hospital. So glad we went to see him!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Miyanji is fantastic! He performed a scoliosis surgery on me in 2009 with procedures every six months from then on until July 2012. He's very nice and always takes the time to check in on you. He tells you everything about the surgery and doesn't leave anything out. I don't really remember the staff much because I was on drugs half the time I saw them! I enjoyed Dr. Miyanji himself, but his punctuality could use a little work. I guess that's because he doesn't rush anything and always takes the time to explain things to you! He's a great doctor, and I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr Miyanji performed back surgery on me a year ago. After looking up surgeons all over the west half of Canada and reading patient reviews and articles, I knew I had found my surgeon. Appointments with him have been great. He has a very calm demeanor and makes me feel comfortable and informed. Dr. Miyanji has both amazing medical skills and excellent people skills. My only concern with him team is his secretaries. They are often disorganized, or at least appear so, and reaching them via email/phone is a task! Great surgeon .. needs a new team or maybe just more people on the secretarial staff .

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Miyanji performed my back surgery in July of 2014. My surgery date was pushed back 2 weeks. He is a great doctor who takes the time to make you understand every element of the surgery and make you feel comfortable. He performed my surgery on a friday, by monday he came to my hospital room and checked up on me. My life has changed for the better thanks to this doctor and his team.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Absolutey amazing Doctor. He performed a very tricky emergency surgery on my son (fractured C5 & C6 from a biking accident) taking all the time he needed to make him perfect again. His bedside manner is also amazing, not usual to get the skills with the incredible personality as well. He was great at making you feel comfortable and always had time to explain and inform even with the follow up visits. We are incredibly lucky to have such dedicated hard working specialists in Vancouver.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr.Miyanji is an amazing surgeon. I would recommend him to someone 100%.He preformed scoliosis surgery on me and it went great! He is very nice and cares about his patients.He has a great bedside manner. He is sometimes late but he is worth the wait.He knows a lot about the spine. I highly would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

Amazing doctor. He and Doctor Riley preformed back surgery on me and it couldn't have went better. Both awesome doctors, will explain everything so you don't need to be a doctor to understand what is going on. Amazing man, actually cares about his patients and definitely shows it. Recommend him 100%

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Dr. Miyanji is amazing We never feel rushed and we always feel like he is interested in our questions. He's always late but he's worth the wait! He has two secretaries, one at the check in desk and one tucked away in his office. The front desk HAS to go, the office one is very sweet, always ready with a smile and candy. I have only ever had to leave one message and got a call back that morning the other one NEVER got back to me.Dr Miyanji deserves the best around him because he's the best.I would recommend this Dr to everyone. Great atmosphere, great people, great place

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

dr.miyanji is very nice and knows alot, not only did he help us out but also gave us a lot of info on spine. although his secretary wasn't very pleasent with us, gave us a bit of attitude, never ever answers her phone or returns messages

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Miyanji reduced my son's broken arm after 2 failed attempts in Kelowna. He did a perfect job on a tricky area where the growth plate was involved. It has been 5 months now and my son's arm is perfectly healed and growing!! He is a reasonable man with a great bedside manner. He is very accomplished at what he does and he takes great pride in doing the right or best thing. We are grateful for his help as otherwise had his arm been left like the surgeon in Kelowna left it he would of been back to have it rebroken and set in a year and it would likely of never grown again!! Thank you Dr. Mijanji.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011