Ratings for Dr. Firoz Miyanji

He is well informed, patient and kind.He saved my child, gave us a miracle

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Dr Miyanji performed a two step scoliosis surgery on my daughter this past May. Her condition was severe and progressing very quickly. Dr Miyanji made me feel at ease with the entire process despite the overwhelming sense of concern I obviously felt during this time. This by no means was an easy procesuer to perform and Dr Miyanji provided us with the best possible care and outcome for my daughter. Its now about 6 months later and she is well on her way back to normal daily life. The surgery performed was an overwhelming success and thank you will never be enough. Dr Miyanji continues to see my my daughter and follow her recovery extending his professional advice anytime and for years to come when required. The team around Dr Miyanji was also very professional and delt with this life changing event for a individual and there families with a gentle but honest approach. Thank you very much for all you did to get Kait back on her feet. Highly recommend Dr Miyanji and his team.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Dr Miyanji performed my severe spinal surgery in 2011, August 18th & 20th , and I can tell now that it has made such a huge difference in my life. I feel much more comfortable with my physical appearance , I'm able to go out and enjoy events with friends&family and I was/am so happy to be back pain free. :) He's very detailed and has a natural relaxing, comfortable atmosphere. Thank you, Dr. Firoz Miyanji & you're team! For being an excellent surgeon. I hope you helps others like you've helped me. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

My Son discovered a lump on his daughter Kaitlyn's back in November 2016, She was diagnosed with Severe Scoliosis. At the time of Surgery in May 2017 it presented itself at a 80 and 90 degree curve. She had a 2 step surgery, and the results were amazing!! Dr. Miyanji and his team were so professional and caring every step of the way, through this difficult journey. Dr. Miyanji is a Leader in this Field, and we cannot thank him enough for the Miracle he performed on Kaitlyn. She is now slowly recovering and will be enjoying her regular activities in the coming months! Dr. Lauder the Anesthetist was also amazing with Kaitlyn, and made her feel comfortable and relaxed through both surgeries. I highly recommend this very gifted Surgeon and his team.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

It has been almost 6 years since Dr. Miyanji did spinal surgery on our daughter for scoliosis and I could not recommend him more highly!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

We took our son, almost 10 years old, to Dr. Miyanji for a second opinion. My son broke his arm (both bones completely broken in forearm near wrist) and after only 3 weeks (we had weekly appts for the first 3 weeks) a Dr. at another hospital (we live far from Children's) said to come back after 3 more weeks and the cast will then come off. We expressed that our son is an extremely active boy who plays competitive rep-level sports and were concerned 6 weeks in total might not be enough time considering the severity of the break and how active he is. The original Dr. insisted it would be fine. We brought our son to Dr. Miyanji 3 days before the cast was supposed to be removed. We didn't tell him what the original Dr. had said, but after X-rays and an examination, he said the cast needs to be on for another 4 weeks! He also said this cast was getting too loose and promptly replaced it - with a waterproof one. I believe getting a second opinion from Dr. Miyanji prevented my son from possibly reinjuring his arm by taking off his cast prematurely! He also explained the healing process in detail and showed us the X-rays, something that was not done at the 'other' hospital. So glad we went to see him!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Miyanji is fantastic! He performed a scoliosis surgery on me in 2009 with procedures every six months from then on until July 2012. He's very nice and always takes the time to check in on you. He tells you everything about the surgery and doesn't leave anything out. I don't really remember the staff much because I was on drugs half the time I saw them! I enjoyed Dr. Miyanji himself, but his punctuality could use a little work. I guess that's because he doesn't rush anything and always takes the time to explain things to you! He's a great doctor, and I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr Miyanji performed back surgery on me a year ago. After looking up surgeons all over the west half of Canada and reading patient reviews and articles, I knew I had found my surgeon. Appointments with him have been great. He has a very calm demeanor and makes me feel comfortable and informed. Dr. Miyanji has both amazing medical skills and excellent people skills. My only concern with him team is his secretaries. They are often disorganized, or at least appear so, and reaching them via email/phone is a task! Great surgeon .. needs a new team or maybe just more people on the secretarial staff .

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Miyanji performed my back surgery in July of 2014. My surgery date was pushed back 2 weeks. He is a great doctor who takes the time to make you understand every element of the surgery and make you feel comfortable. He performed my surgery on a friday, by monday he came to my hospital room and checked up on me. My life has changed for the better thanks to this doctor and his team.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Absolutey amazing Doctor. He performed a very tricky emergency surgery on my son (fractured C5 & C6 from a biking accident) taking all the time he needed to make him perfect again. His bedside manner is also amazing, not usual to get the skills with the incredible personality as well. He was great at making you feel comfortable and always had time to explain and inform even with the follow up visits. We are incredibly lucky to have such dedicated hard working specialists in Vancouver.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014