Ratings for Dr. Michael Balm

Dr Balm may be highly qualified however I was quite disappointed in his bed side manner especially after he gave me a terminally diagnosis - saying well maybe It would have been so helpful if he had just admitted he did not know what was indicated. So if you want someone to order comprehensive tests choose him. if you want a compassionalte & caring doctor look further.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I am filing a formal complaint against him for multiple causes and using a recording of my one and only visit as evidence. Complaint to Oregon State Board if Medicine, patient abandonment after writing prescription, throwing away medical records including MRI, abusive upon office entrance, use of old wrong diagnosis from Dr. Rueca who lost her license to practice, wrong info in my records (example "gait disorder"). Bad news. Admitted I was only the second patient with CADASIL he had ever seen, so no expert. His bad info went on into the neuro psych exam (another provider)! Now I am sending a copy of tape and complaint to the neuro psych evaluator and my GP. He is a bad person. Harmful.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

The is the WORST office staff I have ever met. I asked them to allow me to put into my medical records the recent DNA test results I just received concerning my Muscular Dystrophy. They wanted me to pay $500+ in a visit to add to my medical files. I am complaining and contacting the Lane County Medical Board and the Oregon Medical Board and the Oregon Muscular Dystrophy Association concerning the horrible treatment.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I've seen Dr. Balm twice. Very knowledgeable, easy going and personable. His aide is also very easy to work with. He took plenty of time to answer all of my questions in laymens terms and is just a great doctor. He dealt with the problem I was seeing him for and also answered a question I had about an eye issue I've had for 10 years. I've seen several Eye Specialists and 2 other Neuro's that didn't have a clue. I was surprised when he knew exactly what the problem was and how to fix it.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Our first visit with Dr. Balm was stressful for us since his patient was my Mother. She suffers from dementia and found it difficult to communicate. He was caring, thoughtful and was very professional in delivering the news we did not want to hear. He is very bright and easy to work with...we are delighted to have been referred to him.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

Really hangs in there with patients who have difficult or puzzling illness/disease. Listens well. Offers range of options, respecting patient's right to make final decision. Admits when he doesn't know something; offers to research further information.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2007

Dr. Michael Balm's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1991)