Dr. Kyle Robert Wanzel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kyle Robert Wanzel

I originally saw Dr Kyle Wanzel 10 years ago. He performed a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation. After two kids (one being almost 11 pounds!), my body definitely needed the help! From the moment I walked into his office I felt comfortable. His assistant Helen always greets you with a smile and immediately makes you feel at ease. At the initial consultation, Dr Wanzel was extremely professional and answered all my questions. He handed me a gown, left the room and then returned to take a look. For some women this can be extremely awkward and so doing it this way, ensures the patient feels more comfortable (believe it or not some cosmetic surgeons will just have you remove your clothing In front of them!) and gives the feeling of professionalism. After that consultation, I booked my tummy tuck and I had my breast augmentation done at a later date. I was so pleased with the results!! Before long, there were literally no scars to be seen! Yes I have good skin but it also takes steady and skilled hands! He is a perfectionist in my opinion! Not only did I have my body back but I had my confidence back! He did such an amazing job that I referred him to my sister and a friend. They too had a breast augmentation (and my sis a tummy tuck as well) and were both thrilled with the results! They couldn't say enough about the whole process and about Dr Wanzel. That's 3 for 3! Now 10 years later, I decided to have my implants removed with a lift - not that there was anything wrong with them (in fact even my family doctor commented on how amazing and natural they looked). It was just time for me - I wanted to be smaller and au natural lol ...so on March 30 I had Dr Wanzel perform an explanation with a Lift. On the day of the surgery, Dr Wanzel greeted me with a smile and made me feel at ease. He has a very calm demeanour which helps when you are about to go under the knife!! Lol. I am now 6 days post op and feeling great! I can't say enough great things about the whole process. The staff at St Joseph's hospital were also amazing - seeing the "team" of professionals in the OR really makes you feel safe knowing they are all working together to make sure all goes well. One of the many things I like about Dr Wanzel is that he is genuine and honest and will not do anything he is not 100 percent comfortable with. Some doctors will say "Sure I can do that if you want" where as Dr Wanzel would say "you couldn't convince me to do that". He truly only does what is in your best interest. Dr Wanzel is incredibly humble and would never ask for a review which is why I am making it my priority to write one so that everyone knows just how incredibly talented and amazing he is. You can tell he takes pride in what he does. He wants what you want! - And that's great results! Other offices will often ask their patients to write a review so that it bumps up their "ratings" while Dr Wanzel cares more about the patient and the results than his own ego. I believe that says a lot about the type of person he is. If you want a highly skilled and genuine surgeon then call Dr Wanzel. :)

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Very nice doctor to deal with, punctual and responsive to questions. He'll take time to explain what your problem is. However he didn't warn me about possible complications with steroid injection, which I had after he injected one. I got soft tissue atrophy and severe pain after that, and he never diagnosed it. However he did refer me to another specialist who was able to diagnose and adress that problem. I would still reccomend him, although I wish he warned me on time and at least documented those issues.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I would say that he is one of the humble, professional , very patience in answering all kinds of questions you may ask and make you satisfied of all your doubts before you decide to go with any process or surgery. I highly recommend anybody to approach him for any skin type of issues.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

A kind, wonderful, and above all skilled doctor. 100% reccommend to anyone! In love with my beautiful results.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Had a recently minor surgery procedure and given the fact it was my first time having any type of surgery, I was a nervous mess but his staff (Helen) was very understanding and calmed me down. She was right it was nothing...... I was done in less than an hour. I know I just had some moles removed, nothing major but as I mentioned first time doing anything and I'm glad it all went perfectly. Very happy with the results and you can't even tell where the scar is. Great Surgeon would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I have seen Dr. Wanzel for two procedures , first 9 years ago and the second one very recently. He is very knowledgeable and not pretentious at all, not to say how caring he is. . I’ve had zero complications and i am extremely happy with my reaults . I wouldn’t trust any other doctor. Thank you Dr Wanzel!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

The breast reduction surgery done by Dr. Wanzel was very sloppy. My nipples look 'wonkey' which has been confirmed by those who I have shown. One nipple is higher and off to the side and the other lower but faces straight. Also some how the nipples are not the same size and he forgot to remove a very small third nipple which he did not inform me after about clearly because he forgot. Forgetful, sloppy and insensitive is how I would describe Dr. Wanzel. My situation is extremely depressing and now I dont even look in the mirror naked because I will cry. I would not recommend Dr. Wanzel.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I saw Dr Wanzel after a recommendation from a friend. I couldn't believe how caring, helpful and reassuring he is. I love the fact he explained how everything would be done, what to expect, the dangers, recovery and every email or question was answer in regluar terms I could understand. I had breast lift and augmentation, a tummy tuck and lipo on both in thighs. my results at just under 4 months look beauitiful. Visiting his office Helen greets you with so much energy and happiness I look forward to seeing her with each visit. I love the fact Dr Wanzel has such great surgical skills and makes it adfordable to have surgery. When meeting with him to discuss my areas of concern he makes you feel comfortable even though youbare only in a gown in my case. I wouldn't have wished for a better experience than this. After seeing 4 surgeons he is by far one of the best around. He believes in keeping you natural looking (I soo didn't want to look plastic barbie doll look). I am back working out to keeo my transformation moving forward and I look forward to my 6 month followup in January.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Dr Wanzel was knowledgable, calm and very helpful. I cannot say enough good about him. His office staff, on the other hand, were impossible to get a hold of and left me hanging a number of times. The receptionist said she would call 1 week before my surgery date, then the office closed the week before and instead of calling me before they closed, she called 2 days before my surgery. She gave me the wrong time to go to the hospital. Then Dr Wanzel asked me to call the office the day after my surgery to set up a post op appointment and after leaving several messages, they closed for the weekend leaving me with no idea what to do.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

My journey with Dr. Wanzel started a year ago, and changed my life immediately. My first point of contact was Helen who is extraordinarily lovely and is always available to answer any questions! I first booked my appointment with him as I struggled with body image issues because my breasts did not look “normal” (in my opinion). I was diagnosed with tubular breast deformity. Dr. Wanzel has always been forthright and exceptionally caring in all of our interactions. He is extremely thorough in his explanations of what is to happen, and made me feel immensley comfortable and calm. A plan was formulated to correct my abnormality; two surgeries (tissue expanders, reshaping and restructuring of my breasts, saline injections for further expansion and then permanent implants months later). I am 2.5 months post-op of my final surgery and have never felt this kind of confidence and happiness. My breasts look like I have always wanted them to look, and I finally feel like myself in my body. Looking in the mirror has become an absolute joy. I cannot recommend Dr. Wanzel enough, he has literally changed my life. His work is out of this world amazing.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Kyle Robert Wanzel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kyle Wanzel is a Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon fully certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Wanzel is a member of both the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He attended medical school at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Canada. He graduated with a medical degree in 1998, and was the recipient of several awards and scholarships including the prized Silver Medal for graduating with the second highest cumulative grade point average amongst 196 medical school graduates. Dr. Wanzel then completed a seven-year residency in plastic surgery at the University of Toronto, which included two years in the prestigious Surgeon Scientist Program while completing a Master of Education degree. After certification as a plastic surgeon, he completed additional sub-specialty fellowship training in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. Dr. Wanzel is Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto and is currently both the Associate Program Director for the Division of Plastic Surgery and the Director of Curriculum for the postgraduate Plastic Surgical training program. He is also responsible for a substantial portion of the teaching for the Division of Plastic Surgery's postgraduate education program. Dr. Wanzel is also Co-Chairman of the well respected annual Toronto Breast Symposium, the largest medical conference in Canada dedicated to aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. And he is very proud to be one of the few Canadian members of the prestigious invite only society called the Royal and Ancient Society of American Plastic Surgeons. In addition, he has published numerous articles in the reputable medical and surgical journals and has given several presentations at national and international conferences.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2005)