Dr. Kyle Robert Wanzel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kyle Robert Wanzel

I originally saw Dr Kyle Wanzel 10 years ago. He performed a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation. After two kids (one being almost 11 pounds!), my body definitely needed the help! From the moment I walked into his office I felt comfortable. His assistant Helen always greets you with a smile and immediately makes you feel at ease. At the initial consultation, Dr Wanzel was extremely professional and answered all my questions. He handed me a gown, left the room and then returned to take a look. For some women this can be extremely awkward and so doing it this way, ensures the patient feels more comfortable (believe it or not some cosmetic surgeons will just have you remove your clothing In front of them!) and gives the feeling of professionalism. After that consultation, I booked my tummy tuck and I had my breast augmentation done at a later date. I was so pleased with the results!! Before long, there were literally no scars to be seen! Yes I have good skin but it also takes steady and skilled hands! He is a perfectionist in my opinion! Not only did I have my body back but I had my confidence back! He did such an amazing job that I referred him to my sister and a friend. They too had a breast augmentation (and my sis a tummy tuck as well) and were both thrilled with the results! They couldn't say enough about the whole process and about Dr Wanzel. That's 3 for 3! Now 10 years later, I decided to have my implants removed with a lift - not that there was anything wrong with them (in fact even my family doctor commented on how amazing and natural they looked). It was just time for me - I wanted to be smaller and au natural lol ...so on March 30 I had Dr Wanzel perform an explanation with a Lift. On the day of the surgery, Dr Wanzel greeted me with a smile and made me feel at ease. He has a very calm demeanour which helps when you are about to go under the knife!! Lol. I am now 6 days post op and feeling great! I can't say enough great things about the whole process. The staff at St Joseph's hospital were also amazing - seeing the "team" of professionals in the OR really makes you feel safe knowing they are all working together to make sure all goes well. One of the many things I like about Dr Wanzel is that he is genuine and honest and will not do anything he is not 100 percent comfortable with. Some doctors will say "Sure I can do that if you want" where as Dr Wanzel would say "you couldn't convince me to do that". He truly only does what is in your best interest. Dr Wanzel is incredibly humble and would never ask for a review which is why I am making it my priority to write one so that everyone knows just how incredibly talented and amazing he is. You can tell he takes pride in what he does. He wants what you want! - And that's great results! Other offices will often ask their patients to write a review so that it bumps up their "ratings" while Dr Wanzel cares more about the patient and the results than his own ego. I believe that says a lot about the type of person he is. If you want a highly skilled and genuine surgeon then call Dr Wanzel. :)

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Saw him for consult. He made me feel really ugly and made a rude remark about my weight. He looks like a plastic surgery victim himself. He took no measurements before approving a surgery and seemed really slap dash. I wouldn't trust him one iota.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Alas, I never even got to see Dr Wanzel. I was referred to him for a procedure. Ten days later his office had not yet responded with a date for an appointment. They said it would take another few weeks to come back with a date. What kind of doctor is that? If this is the level of efficiency and patient-friendly service, he delivers, I'd rather go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I just had my procedure done with Dr. Wanzel last week. I am very happy with the results so far. He is a great doctor with a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Skilled, attentive and reassuring are adjectives that come to mind when describing Dr. Kyle Wanzel—a true five-star plastic surgeon. He is professional, humble and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Dr. Wanzel performed my otoplasty (local) with incredible results. I look like a whole new person with confidence to match. It’s life-changing. If you are searching for “the best” surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Wanzel.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Very nice doctor to deal with, punctual and responsive to questions. He'll take time to explain what your problem is. However he didn't warn me about possible complications with steroid injection, which I had after he injected one. I got soft tissue atrophy and severe pain after that, and he never diagnosed it. However he did refer me to another specialist who was able to diagnose and adress that problem. I would still reccomend him, although I wish he warned me on time and at least documented those issues.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I would say that he is one of the humble, professional , very patience in answering all kinds of questions you may ask and make you satisfied of all your doubts before you decide to go with any process or surgery. I highly recommend anybody to approach him for any skin type of issues.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

A kind, wonderful, and above all skilled doctor. 100% reccommend to anyone! In love with my beautiful results.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Had a recently minor surgery procedure and given the fact it was my first time having any type of surgery, I was a nervous mess but his staff (Helen) was very understanding and calmed me down. She was right it was nothing...... I was done in less than an hour. I know I just had some moles removed, nothing major but as I mentioned first time doing anything and I'm glad it all went perfectly. Very happy with the results and you can't even tell where the scar is. Great Surgeon would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I have seen Dr. Wanzel for two procedures , first 9 years ago and the second one very recently. He is very knowledgeable and not pretentious at all, not to say how caring he is. . I’ve had zero complications and i am extremely happy with my reaults . I wouldn’t trust any other doctor. Thank you Dr Wanzel!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Dr. Kyle Robert Wanzel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kyle Wanzel is a Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon fully certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Wanzel is a member of both the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He attended medical school at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Canada. He graduated with a medical degree in 1998, and was the recipient of several awards and scholarships including the prized Silver Medal for graduating with the second highest cumulative grade point average amongst 196 medical school graduates. Dr. Wanzel then completed a seven-year residency in plastic surgery at the University of Toronto, which included two years in the prestigious Surgeon Scientist Program while completing a Master of Education degree. After certification as a plastic surgeon, he completed additional sub-specialty fellowship training in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. Dr. Wanzel is Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto and is currently both the Associate Program Director for the Division of Plastic Surgery and the Director of Curriculum for the postgraduate Plastic Surgical training program. He is also responsible for a substantial portion of the teaching for the Division of Plastic Surgery's postgraduate education program. Dr. Wanzel is also Co-Chairman of the well respected annual Toronto Breast Symposium, the largest medical conference in Canada dedicated to aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. And he is very proud to be one of the few Canadian members of the prestigious invite only society called the Royal and Ancient Society of American Plastic Surgeons. In addition, he has published numerous articles in the reputable medical and surgical journals and has given several presentations at national and international conferences.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2005)