Ratings for Dr. Monica Berant

Drs. Monica and Aaron Berant are by far the best dentists I have ever had. The staff have always been caring, warm and professional. I have been Dr. Monica's patient for over 20 years and have always felt treated like a family member. I cannot say enough good things about the care I have received over the 20 years. Gillian Akin

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I switched dentists to Dr. Monica Berant hoping that she would provide great care and service with dental issues I've been having. Firstly, she was really rude and abrupt when asking me about how I found about her practise. When I answered I Googled dentists near that location, she started pressuring me in a rude tone and asked "WHAT EXACT WORDS DID YOU TYPE IN GOOGLE". I found that strange. Nonetheless I proceeded with my routine cleaning. After x-rays, I found out I had a cavity in a molar. She then booked me in for a cavity filling. I came in the next week and had my filling. For about 2 weeks after the filling I experienced extreme tooth sensitivity and immense pain. I came back into the office and she seemed annoyed that I felt this pain. She then gave me a "sealant" that I was to put over my tooth for a few nights and according to her, the pain should subside. Unfortunately the pain grew worse and was so bad I could not sleep. I came back to see her husband Dr. Aaron Berant and he drilled into my tooth and stated that I had inflammation because my cavity had hit my nerve and that I he would be removing my nerve and we would be proceeding with a root canal. 2.5 hours later, I apparently had a root canal. He then stated I would need a crown on the next visit because he filled my root canal with a temporary filling. I felt this entire situation as fishy because, if my cavity was irritating my nerve to begin with, why did Dr. Monica Berant not properly diagnose my situation upon the first visit? I then switched to another dentist in Kitsilano who I was hoping would do my crown. To our surprise however, when he took an x-ray, he found out that the root canal had NOT been done at ALL. The dentist phoned Dr. Berant and he made some excuse that I would be getting a root canal on another visit then a crown on another visit. This place is so dishonest. Instead of proper and honest diagnostics and treatment in 1-2 visits, they take advantage of you as much as possible by squeezing as much money as possible in a span of 5-6 visits. I would not recommend anyone going here. They will misdiagnose you and scam you. The receptionist is lovely - the only good thing about this unethical, dishonest place. I am so glad I switched dentists or I would be broke and in pain for the next few months.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

After going to this dentist for 2 years already I've decided to read the reviews. And I believe that I've been overcharged, as well. Last year after having a root canal and a crown I paid at the front desk. A couple of weeks later Ive received a phone call from the receptionist saying that I need to pay more!!!! Really??? And now I've got a bill from them from 3 and a half months ago!!! Why can't you tell me right after the procedure how much I need to pay. I'm so gonna argue this bill with you!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Monica Berant is a really nice lady but a very poor dentist - she suggested that I replace a few fillings that were never bothering me and after that I've only had problems with those teeth. Unfortunately, I won't be going back to get the rest of the "old" fillings replaced. I've since gone to another dentist and their advice was to not replace them if they weren't bothering me at the time.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Dr.Monica Berant is a competent,kind and caring dentist who has provided me to quality care for over 15 years. She is a warm and gentle practitioner leading an excellent dental team which is alwas striving to provide consitant up-to-date dental care that centers on patient comfort and satisfaction . Her competancy and skill is second to none and she cares about the whole person. we have enjoyed a long and meaningful professional relationship that is more than just dentist/patient, because Dr. Berant cares about me as a person . I do not hesitate to recommend Monica as a dentistand have done so on a number of occasions . The combination of her skill, personality and caring nature makes her an outstanding dental practitioner who brings both honour and integrity to her profession . Dave Lindsay

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. Monica Berant has been my dentist for years and years. I have nothing but good things to say about their work, friendliness, helpfulness and knowledge. I'm particularly impressed with how she treated my daughter on her first dentist visits. Dr. Berant was so good, my daughter (now 7) still gets excited when we're going to visit the dentist... and that's even after having a filling or two. I have recommended this dentist to family and friends and have never heard a complaint.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Amazing, through and through. Best dentist I have found in 25 years.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Drs. Aaron and Monica Berant have been treating my family for the last 2 years and I have had nothing but great things to say about them. My young daughter is excited to go the dentist for regular dental checkup. They have such a family oriented practice and are uptodate on latest technologies in dentistry. I'm so happy that we found the right dentists.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

I only visited Dr. Monica a couple times when Dr. Aaron was away. But I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Aaron. My previous dentist had gone very deep while removing a filing and caused an infection that despite me repeatedly going back and saying I was in pain said it must be just 'nerves'. I ended up with a full blown jaw infection and trismus (lock jaw). Dr. Aaron took exception care in finding out all my history, recommending me to a massage therapist for my jaw pain and even providing his home phone for emergencies. Since, then he has also provided the most comprehensive recall exams and really listens if you tell him you have pain or a problem in a certain area. Not like a lot of arrogant dentists out there who think you don't know what you are talking about. I highly recommend Dr. Aaron as a truly dedicated dentist that actually cares about your well-being and is not just looking for a paycheck. Thanks so much Dr Aaron.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

I thought I'd look up Dr. B's rating as I went to her a few times. Lots of the comments on here reflected what I was thinking. Something is very fishy with their billing as it was always mixed up. I felt I was being overcharged and my teeth "overworked". One time they told me my insurance rejected the work suggested, but they could "resubmit it" again. 2nd time it was approved so I'm guessing they fudged something in the paperwork. Nice friendly lady, works at a pretty slow pace IMO and their billing is questionable for sure.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010