Ratings for Dr. David Bartolo

This man is a true gentleman, I first meet him in 1995 when I had given up hope that I would ever be myself again . He gave me my life back and continue with my treatment and care for many year before he moved to Australia. I know not all operation are successful as was my last one with Mr Bartolo before he went to Australia, but he tried everything possible and that is important to me. Unfortunately I was transferred to Glasgow to a consultant who I never see even though I could do with seeing him. I only wish it was Mr Bartolo who knows me. This man has a wealth of knowledge and is easy to talk to and gives good advice, he will always do his best to help. Even know he is a top man in bowel surgery he will not dismiss your concerns.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

At best a charlatan. At worst a murderer. Refused a scan when patient suffered inexplicable deterioration in existing colo-rectal problem. Ignored vomiting of bloody mucus. Referred only to dieticians and psychologists. Did it not occur to him that anxiety was caused by deterioration in condition rather than other way round? It has since been found problem was caused by a tumour. Failure to provide adequate care just because the case did not appear to fit his miracle cure and self promotion specialism.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Mr.Bartolo operated on me in 1998. It was a complete success. A new operation which involved taking muscle out of leg to insert in are talking sphincter. He gave me back quality in my life.the operation he performed enabled me to still work full time in nursing. I will always be in his debt. His after care was superb.. Thanks you Mr.Bartolo.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

The operation was not a success leaving me in great pain and much worse than I was before . He literally abandoned me and I have suffered an existence not a life for almost 18 years now.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

With regards to a close relative, he refused the patient a scan to ensure the procedure recommended was suitable. Refused to help get a second opinion. Performed a procedure that was unhelpful. Possibly observed a large cyst during the operation and did nothing about that. Several years on, patient is now suffering severe complications, which could have been avoided had a simple scan been performed. It seems he may be interested more in making a name for himself than the best interests of his patients .

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

An amazing man, he saved my life as I was seriously ill due to ulcerative colitis. Always honest and very caring towards his patients.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

Mr. Bartolo is a colorectal specialist and he is a physician of EXCEPTIONAL character. He is honest, open and will actually explain your condition and options to you - which is rare in the UK as it seems that most physicians in the UK think that patients are too intellectually challenged to understand medicine. I would highly recommend Mr. Bartolo to anyone on the planet - it's worth an international trip to see him if necessary.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2007