Ratings for Dr. Gregory P. Guyton

Recommended to me by surgeon in NY who did my right ankle operation. Dr Guyton is extremely well qualified and personable, which is rare for many surgeons. He's very knowledgeable and as long as you ask questions, he'll explain anything to you. His staff are all excellent. NP Liz and his fellow are very friendly and knowledgeable in their own right. Surgery was comfortable, but had a long wait. His office probably schedules too many surgeries on a single day. It would also be good if they told you instructions without having to ask more often. Otherwise, I can't think of a single major gripe. Thank you Dr Guyton, Liz, and Dr Sage!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I had osteotomy of left foot. Three matarsals broken and bunion repair....on followup, dr, suspected problem and sent me immediately back to hospital radiology. Where 2 DVTS WERE DETECTED. Guyton was seeing patients at hospital that day, but he was totally I reachable by radiology and ER, WHO Sid he couldn't be reached by cell, office phone, home phone.....the creep knew I was in trouble, and as he was my treating physician no one at ER COULD GIVE ME ANYTHING UNTIL THEY REACHED GUYTON.. I was given 1 lovenox needle and sent home with a $2500 Rx for 1 week of needles. Before leaving hospital I asked husband to wheel me to Giyton's office. He was there! Declined to see me until I refused to leave. Then he told me and husband that clots are not his specialty, that I needed a Coumadin clinic to monitor me HE LEFT ME ROT IN ER FOR HOURS, THEN REFUSED TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY OR CARE FOR DVTS THAT WERE CAUSED BY HIS SURGERY UNDER HIS CARE, do not go to this orthopedic surgeon. You will forever regret it!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Guyton was the only surgeon who was able to figure out my ankle problem that had been going on for 15 yrs. He has since operated on my ankle 3 times (the 2nd was my fault). He completed the first surgery and that was the first time in over 15 years that I could actually run with no issues/pain. Unfortunately, less than two years late I slipped and fell injuring the same ankle, however he was able to repair it again. The third surgery was to remove plates and screws from the 2nd surgery. He is extremely knowledgable and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Dr. Guyton is a recognized expert in ankle repair and highly regarded by the Mercy Hospital ankle center surgeons, considered among the best in the world. His knowledge and skill are top notch, and his staff is good though not perfect. He splits his time between Lutherville, Union Memorial, and Bel Air which can make scheduling difficult or inflexible. He is generally direct and to the point and doesn't always discuss procedures or options in detail if not asked to do so -- that's not a fault, just the way he is. Educate yourself so you know what to ask.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Great doctor, I had ankle problems for years and he did a great job fixing it. 3 months later I was in a car accident that reversed his work, now I am having second surgery in a week. Very personable and smart, the office staff are ****y women but when it comes to fixing your foot and or ankle, his practice is right on the money!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I had a strained ankle which was not healing. he wanted to send me to do a test which I already had done and was negative. I felt that would be a waste of my time and money. Also, I noticed several patients were in and out of his office quickly as if he did not spend too much time looking at their problem. He spent about 5 min with me.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Gregory P. Guyton's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1993)