You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Scott Whittaker

a wonderful man, straight forward with a slight humour, great doctor

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

My family and I have had several procedures from him and find that if anything the practice is getting better and better. He has great staff now, an excellent facility, and has an incredible touch where it really matters!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Whitaker was a life saver for my sister... We almost lost her ...as it took so long for other doctors to diagnose her ... Until we met dr .whitaker .. By this time my sister was deathly I'll...her would confer with doctors on forums and all over the world to get other opinions...eventually my sister opted to have her large intestine removed and have a pouch ..she was to have 3 surgeries...having a bag for awhile after the first one....he ended up performing one surgery and she never had a colostomy...she was a success Dr.whitaker was always kind , empathetic and knowledgeable...we are so thankful we had him....and remember Doctors are not God...they have limits

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

As a Crohn's patient living in the north, Dr. Whitakers care is bar none the best that I have ever had and I have seen more specialists than I care to count. The improvement of my health and living a good life far outweighs the cost of going to see him. I have seen him for almost ten years now. He may not always tell me what I want to hear, but he ALWAYS makes sure I get what I need to have the best quality of life possible.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

I have seen Dr. Whittaker several times over the last few years and had 3 procedures for IBS. Unfortunately I still have IBS, which is very frustrating to say the least. My G>P< has great faith in him, I am looking to find a different gastroenterologist. I don't know how up-to-date he is on alternative methods, as I am on the same medication for 5 years. Dr. Whittaker has not offered any hope of a cure or relief from my suffering. And I have to wait months to get an appointment. I don't think his secretary Jeanie is so fabulous, she must have favourites. He is a competent surgeon, but that may not be all you need for your condition. Surgery-great. Cure-the pits!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dial 226 to connect with Dr. Whittaker and avoid the ridiculously long answering machine. Dr. Whittaker and his office receptionist were friendly, however I still haven't determined the cause of my IBS. I've been through multiple tests, but nothing has been identified.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I recommend go to any other doctor.He looks like he knows everything about ulcerative colitis,but he gives the same medication to everyone,Asacol or steroids,or really bad and toxic pills. He doesn't know about other alternatives,and doesn't mind about your diet of food are you having when you have a relapse. I don't think this is a good Doctor,he doesn't help me too much...

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

I had an appoinment with him and I had to wait for an hour in the waiting room and I think he honestly forgot about me. I have high iron and i had to get blood taken out until it reached an acceptable level. Dr Whittacker re-signed the order without checking to see how far down the levels got. i almost had no iron left and still the order was signed. I think he is probably a good doctor but very scattered!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I find Dr. Whittaker to be friendly and kind and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

This doctor isn't as good as everyone says. He seemed okay the first few visits and sounded like he knew what he was talking about but proformed a procedure to see how severe my crohns disease was getting and he found a large blockage in my intestines and let it get to the point I was rushed into royal columbian for emergency surgery and his receptionist is the worst I've ever met. Not impressed!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr. Scott Whittaker's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "a wonderful man, straight forward with a slight humour, great doctor"

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family and I have had several procedures from him and find that if anything the practice is getting better and better. He has great staff now, an excellent f..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Whitaker was a life saver for my sister... We almost lost her ...as it took so long for other doctors to diagnose her ... Until we met dr .whitaker .. By th..."

September 28, 2014