Ratings for Dr. Howard Green

I saw Dr Green for pain in my heel that developed quite suddenly during an 8km run over a year ago. The first thing he did was wrap a bandage around my foot and tell me to keep running and see if it helped. It didn't. Without ever touching my foot or checking the ankle motion, or even suggesting stretching exercises, ice, or heat (or anything) he gave me a prescription for anti-inflammatories, fitted me with a set of severe $625 orthotics and sent me on my way. I now have constant, worse pain in both heels and am seeing a physiotherapist and waiting to see an orthopaedic surgeon. I wish I had read these reviews before going to see him. I would probably not be in so much pain today (more than a year later) and would have saved myself a lot of money.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Punctual. Very knowledgeable. Explained the cause of my problem and the various treatment options. Would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Found him arrogant with poor interpersonal skills. Didn't really answer my questions and was in a rush to leave treatment room. He taped my foot so fast I didn't have time to stop him. Ended up hurting my arch and took tape off within 10 min of leaving office. Waste of my time and money. Wouldn't recommend him. I wish his people skills were were on par with his beautiful office!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Approximately five years ago I was referred to this alleged Dr. ( herein referred to as the Butcher)by my family physician for re-occurring and degenerating foot and ankle difficulties. After some attempts at treatment and appointments, it was suggested that surgery would be a permanent option. Having had my family physician for well over 35 years, and always an advocate for mine and my family's health, I entrusted that his referral to the butcher and his the course of treatment via surgery was the right for me. A stent was eventually inserted in my ankle to apparently permanently stabilize everything. Several months thereafter, there was no improvement and in fact, the condition of my foot deteriorated significantly. The Butcher then indicated that the lack of success was most likely due to an incorrect stent size...the procedure was then repeated. Yes, you guessed it...many months went by, I was in constant pain 24/7, sleepless nights, walking with limp, lugging my foot what felt like a lead weight. And at times, not mobile. I returned to my family physician, insisted upon referral to orthopedic surgeon. Eventual appointment, only to be told by this surgeon, that the stent " was not doing what it was intended to do". This surgeon then referred me to a "super specialist", one of just a handful in the country in one our highly respected hospitals. I met with the "super specialist" and his team over two years ago. Because this highly regarded team is so busy, wait list very lengthy, but well worth the wait. After two years of being waitlisted, surgery took place two weeks ago. I am told the surgery took three hours, "lots of work was required". I am so grateful to this "super specialist" and the team. They removed the unnecessary inserted apparatus and essentially reconstructed my ankle etc. Something that ought to have been done at the outset. My foot is already feeling so much better!!!! Amen, and my sincere gratitude to those that most recently tended to me. Back to the "Butcher" - spent $3,000 on procedure, he wanted more second time around. I refused. Months off work. Ongoing unnecessary pain and aggravation. His previous receptionist - met her at home depot once, eventually said she recognized me but wasn't sure if she should speak with me; that other clients have slam blasted her for the work done in butcher's office. I implore upon people to seek the advise and suggestions of actual orthopedic surgeon, please for your sake. I would have not put this time and energy into this rating if not necessary. I personally became to know two other individuals who suffered similarly to me. If we were in the United States, lawsuit would already been filed. Come to think of it, I think should!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Great experience. Staff are excellent too! Will recommend.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Great new front office staff...efficient & friendly! Dr. Green was friendly, knowledgable and explained all my treatment options thoroughly. Would highly recommend him for any foot problems!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr Green seem's to know his stuff but he in a constant hurry to get you out. I would NOT recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

New front office receptionist is polite, efficient, pleasant…..a huge improvement!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Green to treat the ulcer on my big toe. He put on antibiotic cream and a Band-Aid, gave me a prescription for antibiotic cream, and told me to change the cream and band-aid twice a day. He charged my MSP, and charged me $110 which was $10 more than the annual limit under my Extended Health Plan so I did not return. Over the next 7 weeks I did as directed but the ulcer did not heal. I saw my family doctor who told me the surrounding calloused skin needed to be debrided (ground away) which Dr. Green did not do. I made an appointment with another podiatrist who I expect will do the job properly without overcharging. Hopefully my big toe will not need to be amputated. I would not recommend Dr. Green to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I had an infected toe nail and was referred by a friend to come see Dr Green . My first visit costed me 260$ and had lasted about 4 days when the they side of my toe was now in pain . Thinking oh they might fix it free of charge I went in to see him again and they had charged me ANOTHER 240$ . His receptionist was disgustingly rude and I will be putting a report in on the whole office . As I was just waiting in the office she was on the phone with someone yelling and rolling her eyes . I really hope he gets shut down. Clearly all he cares about is taking money from his clients , and not helping them . So sad .

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014