Ratings for Dr. Howard Green

Had new inserts from Dr. Green a year ago. They have failed! My old ones lasted 20 years. Poor office manner and poor product!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Very polite & attentive...listened to my problem(s) (I had 2 of them), and was able to solve them both. Very thorough & professional. Excellent front desk staff. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Saw this alleged "Dr." for severe pain I was having while walking. He said it was likely a cracked bone and sent me to the hospital for a bone scan. At follow up appointment he told me that the bone scan had confirmed a cracked bone in my foot. Told me I needed to wear a boot at a cost of $200. Thankfully I had one that I was able to borrow. Fast forward 5 weeks (in boot) and I go to my GP about unrelated matters but mention to her how foot is still sore. She pulls up my medical report from the hospital and there it says in clear English that I do NOT have a broken foot!!!! She gave me a printout of the hospital report for my records and I plan on taking this issue to the medical board. Negligence and gross misrepresentation of medical results for financial gain. I confirm what other reviewers have said - appointments are rushed, zero care for patient's well-being, and very aloof. It feels like a cash grab to me and I would not trust him with so much as a blank piece of paper. I have no idea how this man is able to continue his practice.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

He fixed my ingrown nail and it feels a lot better! BUT terrible "bedside" manner. I asked questions and he only provided nods and a look that said "you have to pay for that information" 400.00 for ONE nail-- is that normal?

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Very rushed, I did not have success with the orthotics that he molded, I felt he was trying to spend as little time as possible to sell the orthotics, zero to no medical advice at follow up apt.; and very little concern shown.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Went to see Dr. Green (after reading his glowing credentials) for suspected plantar Fasciitis. After a brief history and examination (5 min), where I explained I been shown how to tape the arch for support and thereby eliminated the pain for the past 2 weeks, he explained that one couldn't tape ones own arch. It was impossible. I went on to say that I had needed to change the taping every 4 hours due to stretching. A disbelieving head shake was the only response as he got out his taping equipment. He taped up my arch in a similar manner to the one I had been using and explained that I was to keep it on for 3 days and then take it off for 3 and make an appointment 6 days later to report on pain levels after the 3 days of unsupported time. He then hurried out of the office before I could ask any questions or get further information on the next step. The whole procedure took maybe 10 minutes and cost $110 ( the receptionist said it would be about 30 minute)s. Four hours later the support was completely gone from the taped arch along with my confidence. Run away from this arrogant, impersonal "doctor" as fast as you can and save money time and aggravation. His credentials are worth nothing in the context of health care. It's little wonder appointment bookings are wide open. Back to the "impossible" job of taping my own arch until I find someone with a shred of credibility and ethics

Submitted January 13, 2017

I too had the hypocure surgery for a flat foot where the ankle completely caved in and I could not walk. I did absolutely the wrong thing, I went on the internet to see if there were others who had this same issue and came across the surgery and the fact that there were very few doctors in BC that do it but that there were two and Dr. Howard Green was one of them. I booked an appointment and asked him to go through it with me and advise if I was a good candidate for a successful outcome. He went through what would happen thoroughly and advise that I was a good candidate, he also said he was trained only to put the stint in and take it out both of which would cost$$$$. I went ahead with the surgery and at this point I will say I agree with the assessment of his personality ... very bland, dry, humourless unapproachable however he did the surgery in sterilized environment quickly and efficiently. The trouble is my foot has swollen up on and off daily and I have had difficulty walking ever since. I feel that Dr. Green failed me by not suggesting physiotherapy or even insisting upon it or any other kind of follow up on the surgery. Anyway fast forward 4 years of pain and difficulty and almost falling over when I had nothing to lean on to walk once , due to swelling and pain when stepping down on my heel. I finally did the right thing and went to my family doctor who sent me to an orthopaedic surgeon. I saw him yesterday and he was thorough and suggested the course of action to take now and in the first place. He was very positive that as long as my bones looked good he will be able to help me. Here is where it gets interesting...he said there is no evidence at all that the stints work and he doesn't agree with the operation and that the very first thing Dr. Green should have done was council me to see my family doctor first and get a referral to a surgeon. Which of course all would have been done for free, including the surgery. Hearing this now, from the surgeon,I see how foolish I was not going through my family doctor first and want you to benefit from my experience. It will be another 3 weeks before I can get into a ct scan for my bones and a week after that to see the surgeon again and then who knows when for the operation . Then almost a year of rest and physio before I will be able to walk , as the surgeon said for at least 3 or 4 hours at a time instead of my current 30 mins before needing to rest my foot. In total likely 5 years of problems walking. It was two years after the stint was put in and trying physio, orthotics, ice, rest and countless pairs of shoes for comfort and support before I started thinking I had to look into it further and went to my family doctor and the next two years were spent going through different appointments to finally reach the very overworked specialist.

Submitted November 29, 2016

I saw Dr Green to remove an ingrown. He did the procedure and it seemed to be fine but I couldn't see what he was doing. When I went to clean my foot I noticed my toe nail was cut on a angle and access skin as still there even though he said it will be cut. After a week my toe was still infected and worse. I went another podiatrist who said why was it cut on an angle and he thought I cut it. He said the ingrown is deep. He had done a straight cut and cut my extra skin off. Everything went well with.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I had the hyprocure surgery over a year ago and waited for the full recovery period before reviewing. Unfortunately the surgery was unsuccessful and has left me with chronic pain. My foot never settled and I now walk (painfully) with an obvious limp. Since the surgery I also have bumps on my bones up my leg past my hips and can barely walk in runners and not at all in any other type of shoe, as my foot tilts to the outer side. I did let Dr Green know my foot didn't feel right at each post op appointment but was assured that it would be fine. I was told before the surgery I'd be walking out.... still can barley walk. Quality of life has depreciated greatly. Worth considering the cost of this surgery as it can render you disabled.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I saw Dr Green for pain in my heel that developed quite suddenly during an 8km run over a year ago. The first thing he did was wrap a bandage around my foot and tell me to keep running and see if it helped. It didn't. Without ever touching my foot or checking the ankle motion, or even suggesting stretching exercises, ice, or heat (or anything) he gave me a prescription for anti-inflammatories, fitted me with a set of severe $625 orthotics and sent me on my way. I now have constant, worse pain in both heels and am seeing a physiotherapist and waiting to see an orthopaedic surgeon. I wish I had read these reviews before going to see him. I would probably not be in so much pain today (more than a year later) and would have saved myself a lot of money.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016