Ratings for Dr. Lawrence A. Jacobs

Snotty staff, can be very abrupt and rude. DR abandons patients.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

At my first visit Dr. Jacobs diagnosed RA and prescribed four different medications which allowed me to return to work and save my job. I see him every 3 months and he answers my questions fully. He did the FMLA paperwork on an ongoing basis so that I could occasionally miss work without being fired. He was aggressive with medication and it was the 3rd biologic which brought remission. He experimented with tapering down and determined the minimum amount of medication that would keep me in remission. His staff has been nothing but friendly and helpful. I recommend Dr. Jacobs highly and without reservation. Without his care I would have lost my job years ago and have some degree of crippling today.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

For the past ten years or so I have been going to Dr. Lawrence Jacobs. To this day I really do not know why. He schedules me once a year and he acts surprised every time he sees me. Today he said I should have just gone to my primary care doctor, when he is the one that scheduled this appointment for today one year ago. He is not good at explaining anything. He makes jokes about everything, He reads very old lab reports to me from my primary care doctor, (which I already know about) bumbles around with paperwork like he has no idea what he is doing, never once looking up at me, the patient.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

I was rejected as a patient. His office told my pain management Dr. that he couldn't help me. It turned out to be the best thing they could have done for me. I got into a great rheumatologist that helped me and diagnosed me with Lupus and is getting me on the road to a better life. Thanks again for rejected me, after reading the other comments, I'm glad!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

Office staff are rude and incompetent wait times are long Dr is OK

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Worst experience we ever had. Staff was very very rude and acted inconvenienced even when life threatening episodes were occuring. Doctor was initially nice but when we asked questions became very irritated. Usual wait was between 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour. I wouldn't recommend this doctor at all unless he was behind the scene working with another doctor who forced the questions to be answered in a timely manner. To qualify ourselves...been to doctors around Tulsa for Cancer and other issues for years. We understand time frames and paper work. It has certainly helped us understand the good from the bad but this was the worst in all areas...by far Our first post to a site about a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

What. An. Ass. I didn't have a very good feeling about him at the initial appointment. He kept commenting about how I go in to a doctor very quickly (like it was a bad thing). Only looked for tenderness in joints, didn't care that I was in PAIN. Scheduled 2nd appt for 3 weeks later. I called after 1 week because I was in pain and only on Meloxicam. He had the nurse tell me to do water aerobics and we'd talk about medication changes later. I paged him since he was on call and I have never had a doctor be so rude to me. Finally agreed to start me on Plaquenil that he said he was going to prescribe at my next appointment (then WHY wait???). I wanted to cry when I got off the phone with him. I'm a young woman newly diagnosed with lupus... he had NO sympathy.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

I've been with Dr. Jacobs for over 30 years. He & his staff has always been real nice to me. He's a good Dr. & very knowledgeable. Has kept my RA in check all these years under control until this year we've had trouble keeping it at bay. Says I need to go on Biologics but my insurance does not pay for. That's not his fault it's the insurance. I would highly recommend him to anybody wanting a Dr. who knows how to help you live a normal life. All these years nobody even knew anything was wrong with me that's how well he had it under control. Just here lately people know I am not doing well. I'm sure we will sooner or later get the RA under control.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

Treated me very rudely. He was somewhat decent till I refused to take Prednisone for the lupus that was diagnosed. Then he said there was nothing wrong with me. (Postiive ANA & AntiDNA +many symptoms) He had told both my PCP and my neurlogist on the phone it was lupus, but after I'd refused the prednisone, the letter that went to them was that I was a 'drug seeker'. That my lab tests must have been a 'lab error' and my symptoms the result of 'an educated patient wanting attention and pain killers' (I was refusing narcotics as well as prednisone ..so now asking for celebrex & plaquenil gets one labeled a drug seeker?) I guess the swollen joints and butterfly rash were all in my head too?

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

Dr. Jacobs was able to diagnois my condition and prescribe a regiment of prescriptions that have totally controlled my arthritis. He is always so kind, personable and knowledgeable. He is quick to get back with me with results of my blood work if there is ever a problem. I would highly recommend Dr. Jacobs.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008

Dr. Lawrence A. Jacobs's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)