Ratings for Dr. Ifeanyi O. Obianyo

Dr. Obianyo is not a good doctor. He was quick to diagnose me with substance abuse when I had a legal prescription for a controlled substance that I was not abusing. I just popped for it and he accused me of it. Yet, he gets periodic drug screening for one year for unprofessional conduct in 1992 via license number 18601 at link https://apps.health.tn.gov/licensure/default.aspx. Just go there and type in his name: Ifeanyi Obianyo. You'll see that he had periodic drug screens for one year for his questionable conduct for God knows what. I think he was abusing substances if he had to be screened for drugs.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Obianyo is one of a kind.. he gives each patient as much time as needed and doesn't rush you out of the room. Yes, there a wait most of the time but its worth it since you know you will get the same attention as the patient before you. I've never been to a doctors office were I didn't wait. The staff is absolutely wonderful even when patient's are crazy and rude to them.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Dr. Obianyo is STILL my favorite Dr. of all time. He is very very patient, caring and really knows his stuff...years after problems with his crazy rude staff I was diagnosed with Elher's Danlos syndrome, which he suspected...but not confirmed by geneticist. It's a VERY rare connective tissue disorder..I would still see him today if his staff weren't soo ugly. Maybe I'll see him again someday as he is a friend after all these years..as well as my best teacher. Thank you always Dr. Obi! J.Dday

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

The first time I called, it was difficult to schedule an appt. The office manager was very rude. She said he will only see you if you were going to make him your PCP. I explain that I had never seen him before, she said those were the office rules. Since I was referred by a co-work, she told me to call again and just say I would change if asked. I scheduled again but spoke to a nice lady that scheduled the appt. She asked for my insur. info. over the phone so they could verify insur. ahead of time, never was I told to pay when they called to remind my of the appt.My appt.was 9/5/13. I was told the insur.had not been verified prior to the visit and that I needed to pay $106. I told the recp. I wish I was told prior but I pd.Then the extremely rude ofc mgr.came into the exam rm and said I was chrged wrg. I needed to pay $165. I explained I wasn't made aware prior. She said it was my responsibility to know not theirs. Never saw the dr. but will never go back because the of the mgr.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Scheduling problems, yes. But, If you're concerned about a longer wait, be assured that he is taking great care of the people before you AS he will take GREAT care with you.This man is an excellent caregiver. He gies above & beyond in his diagnosis, treatment & follow-up. You can expect to be with the doctor for approximately 1 hour as he goes over everything with you thoroughly!!! I mean THOROUGHLY! You will love him. Don't hesitate if you want the doctor that treats you like a person, that actually LISTENS to what you say & ACTS on what you say. If a doctor who listens to your multiple problems & who actually cares, wish no further. I assure you. I've been a patient of his for years & I highly recommend him. In response to wait time, again, I agree they can be long, but again, I'm 50+ dealing with Crohn's disease & I've NEVER been cared for as well. THIS INCLUDES all gastroenterologists with God complexes! Go elsewhere, wait less, and get what you wait for; that's a guarantee!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Dr.Obie is a great doctor, I've recommended several people to see him and they've been impressed. I will not take that away from him, he is very detailed about all lab work performed.The issue I have is his office staff. There was one lady that use to confirm your appointments the day before or two days before. I no longer see her in the office, but that was something much appriciated. His new staff doesn't do that at all. However, I was very very very DISPLEASED with my most recent visit. I sat in that office for 3 hours. Nobody checked up on me and I had another engagment to go to plus I just needed him to change my medicine to something that was covered by my insurance. If he is going to spend that much time with his patients, his staff just need to schedule 1 patient every 2 hours. That way he can spend as much time as he would like.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Dr. O is excellent!!! The first time that I have had a doctor that takes the time to explain things to me. My health is improving vastly under Dr. O's care. His only "downside" is that he spends so much quality time with patients that you will have to wait for the appointment. My suggestion is that for small things (sinus infection) go to minute clinic, but for the important things I would not trust another doctor as much as Doctor O. He is saving my life!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

His staff are WITCHES, HE is all right but doesn't read everything he signs... not worth the MULTI-HOUR WAITS!! RE disciplinary actions, see Corrected link, if it doesn't work, go to the TN health related boards site (health.state.tn.us) and search license verification for his info (License Number = 18601 ). HTH. LINK: http://health.state.tn.us/licensure/Discipline.aspx?ProfessionCode=1606&LicenseNumber=18601&FileNumber=19804

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Slowwwww, mean staff. DO NOT COMplain though, they will "Fire" you from him, and it's hard to find such a...um.. reasonable, shall we say, Rxer. Ask him for a sedative for your next 4-hour wait (yes I had appts all 3 times it happened, went 9 times, shortest wait ever was 1 hour!). check this out: http://health.state.tn.us/Licensure/Discipline.aspx?ProfessionCode=1606&LicenseNumber=18601&FileNumber=19804

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Great doctor that takes his time with his patients. Only problem is that he isn't on time, but he is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

Dr. Ifeanyi O. Obianyo's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Hendersonville, TN