Ratings for Dr. Johann De Wet

I don't know where Johann is now, but we certainly miss him in Brooks! If you can get onto his schedule... do it! He is a marvelous person and, from what I know as a doctor, he's pretty good at that too!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Excellent Dr.! Very punctual, have never had to wait more than10 minutes. Takes the time to listen and allows you to ask questions without making you feel you're wasting his time! He is what all Doctors should be!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

I am glad to have Dr De Wet as our family doctor. He is very thorough and helped my husband by discovering a genetic disease. I also find him knowledgable, and very caring, as well as willing to answer questions. He is punctual, helpful and knowledgable, what more could you want. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr. De Wet saved my life! I had started seeing him when my doctor moved to Chestermere, and because I was new to him he thoroughy reviewed everything with me and sent me for blood work to make sure that nothing had changed since my last Dr. moved away. What he discovered was that my kidney was distressed, even though elevated enzymes were not that high, he kept watch and after ultrasounds, CT's, and MRI's, sent me to Urologist in Calgary, where it was discovered that I had kidney cancer and had to have surgery. I am young to get this being in my 30's so it could have very well been easily overlooked. If he would not have been concerned, I could have went for years before getting any cancer symptoms, and it could have spread giving me no hope.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Dr. DeWet is the greatest. My wife and our 2 children spent almost 3 years in Brooks before moving to Red Deer. We still make the 3 hour trip to Brooks just for Dr. DeWet. He delivered our son and has helped us more than we could have ever imagined. I only wish that we could have brought him to Red Deer with us. I challenge anyone to find a more caring, supportive, intelligent doctor in any city and here he is in little Brooks.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

I didn't think I would find a Dr. as good as the one I had in Calgary. Dr. DeWet has proved to be just that Doctor! I appreciate that he never makes me feel stupid for bringing concerns to him and also the way he looks you in the eyes and goes to any length to get you answers. I rarely have to wait more than 10 mins to get in. He is young but he is very wise and has excellent people skills. Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. de Wet since May of last year. I was initially surprised at how young he looked. (For all I know he's Brooks' answer to Doogie Howser!) He is very nice and seems genuinely interested in the medical issues you have brought to him. If he doesn't know something, he will look into it, and will try his best to find answers for you. I happen to be a patient that is still trying to find out some answers and I think it frustrates him that the process is so slow when it comes to finding those answers. I used to work in Brooks part of the week (my home is in Calgary) but lost my job recently. Unless I can find a doctor as good as him in Calgary, I'll continue to make the 2 hour journey to see him. To Johanne: take a breath... finding answers sometimes takes a long time, and I have faith in you that you will find them for me.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

My husband and I are new to Brooks and were highly encouraged by nurses etc to see this doctor. Our first visit was very positive, and we feel that this doctor is extremely thorough and personable as well. We feel blessed to be his patients. Being that we have a son with Cystic fibrosois has meant seeing alot of doctors through the years and so we feel somewhat seasoned when it comes to doctors to say the least. And this Doctor is right up there in our books as far offering sound advice,and compassion. Thanks Johann for making our appointment a positive experience! (Ross and Susan)

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

I have been Dr. De wet's patient since getting pregnant in November. The first thing that amazed me and set him out different from other doctors is that he is not afraid to "look into things" if he feels he needs to. He picked up a phone right infront of me to ensure (because of my medical history and that I was pregnant) I was given the appropriate medication. His bedside manner is great and i have never felt uncomfortable or afraid to ask questions around him. He has always taken the time to answer them fully and has never made me feel rushed or "stupid". I recommend him to anyone who askes about my OB/GYN. I can assure you he is an amazing family physician as well. Thank-you for setting the bar high for what physicians should be like. He is definatly in the right field and I hope that he stays in Brooks for a very long time.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

I had an initial appointment with Dr. de Wet as I am interested in changing my family doctor as we are starting to plan a family.Although it was an initial appointment and I had no concerns or issues to discuss with the doctor, he spent 20 minutes with me reviewing my family history and what to expect if/when I become pregnant. Dr. de Wet put me completely at ease and said he would be glad to take me on as a new patient, even though I do not live in the Brooks area. Dr. de Wet stated I could make an appointment with him any time and he would try to accommodate my travel schedule as best he could. Although it was our first visit, I am completely confident that he will be an amazing doctor. He seemed very knowledgeable about most everything we discussed. My first impression of Dr. de Wet is that he is very caring, takes time to listen and even (gasp) asks you questions. He has a lovely bed side manor. Dr. de Wet came very highly recommended and I would recommend him to any one as well.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007