Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Merta

I have been seeing Dr. Merta for 16+ years now. He delivered my daughter but unfortunately was not on call the night my son was born. He makes you feel comfortable even though it is not a fun yearly reason why you visit him. He is funny and remembers specific details about you. His staff is pleasant and returns calls quickly. I have recommended friends and family to him that are still his patients to this day. I highly recommend Dr. Merta to anyone looking for a caring and compassionate OBGYN.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Has delivered my 4 yr old, csection on 2 yr old, and is about to do csection on my twins.....WOULDNT Trust Anyone Else! love him

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Merta has been my doctor for 16 years. I have followed him when he changed practices and I would follow him again. I would never see another OBGYN. He takes the time to sit down and talk to you about how you are feeling and showing that he care. He listens to his patients and is very knowledgeable. He has a special way of making you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Merta has been my gynecologists for 15+ years. He is a very caring and compassionate doctor. He takes the time to listen and answer your questions. He is truly concerned and helps you make the best decisions about your health. Dr Merta sets the standards that in my opinion all physicians should follow. Thank you Dr Merta for being the wonderful doctor that you are. I would gladly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Merta is exceptional! Caring, compassionate and truly concerned. He is a wonderful MD and his staff is pleasant. I was unable to have children and Dr. Merta was there through those tough decisions. Compared to other Dr.'s I had the misfortune of using through a couple miscarriages -- I simply cannot say enough good things about Dr. Merta. He recently had to perform a hysterectomy on me and I was so impressed by his knowledge, skills and overall ability throughout the process. His demeanor and attitude cannot be improved upon either! He makes you feel comfortable. He makes you know that you matter! Until having the privilege of being a patient of Dr. Merta - I had determined that "this type of MD" just no longer existed - I have to sincerely thank Dr. Merta for restoring my hope in the medical field as a whole. HE sets the standards! He is THE BEST physician I have ever encountered and am grateful a friend recommended him! So this is me - forwarding that recommendation!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Merta by a relative when I moved here from Florida. I have seen him for annual check-ups and surgery(a complete hysterectomy). Dr. Merta is friendly, knowledgeable and better than other GYN's I have had in the past. My surgery went very well with no complications. When you ask him a question he takes his time to answer in words I can understand which I really appreciate. I hope to continue with him as my doctor well into the future. Thank you Dr. Merta!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

After living in hickory for 20 years I have finally found the perfect doctor. He is caring, and thoughtful. He gives you the time you deserve.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr Merta is caring, kind, knowledgable. He takes time to listen to his patients and practices with compassion

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Love Dr. Merta! You won't be disappointed I promise! He is absolutely wonderful, and his staff is too. He delivered my 1st baby & I will trust nobody else to deliver any future children.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

love him. he is out of network in my new insurance but I will pay the higher cost.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

Dr. Steven R. Merta's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1989)