Ratings for Dr. Ramsay MacNay

Dr. MacNay is an outstanding paediatrician. He is kind, compassionate, encouraging and knowledgeable. He takes the time to meet with us, and explain our options in detail. He also addresses all our concerns and worries, no matter what they are. We can't say enough good things about Dr. MacNay. Truly one of a kind!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Always late, extremely disorganized, agree with other rater doesn't respect your time.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Amazingly compassionate, considerate, knowledgeable physician. We feel so luck to have our child in his care.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Although it is a challenge when Dr. Macnay is on service at McMaster, He is quick to respond when in the office. He is gentle, patient and resourceful. He is encouraging and direct. I appreciate his business evn though its frustrating to get a hold of him sometimes. He is worth the wait a top notch pediatrician.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

We have been with Dr MacNay for 7 years for various health issues with our daughter. He is beyond professional, personable and knowledgeable. He is always respectful of our time and apologizes immediately if he's running late. He takes the extra time to get to know you and answers all your questions which sometimes can lead to taking more time than the scheduled appointment time. Can't fault the man for making sure he doesn't miss something that could help with a diagnosis. I wouldn't trust my child's care to anyone else. Thank you so much Dr. MacNay.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Ramsay MacNay has been my daughter's pediatrician since she was released home to us from Mac 6 years ago. She was born at 24 weeks gestation and spent 130 days in NICU. Her identical twins did not make it but, she persevered through it all. Dr. Mackay played a big part of that. She has overcome so many obstacles from chronic lung, to motor skills issues, to name just a couple. She has flourished in a way no one thought possible. 1.7 at birth, she is now 6 years old, 4 feet tall and 68 pounds!! She is beautiful and so smart. Dr. Mackay was there with every concern, every worry, helping us, reassuring us. He is an amazing man and such a gentle soul. I would recommend him to everyone:)

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr MacNay was excellent in his approach. He had a caring and compassionate manner and tried his best to communicate his prognosis to us in a difficult situation. We are not surprised that he is rated the top pediatrician in the area. Thank you Dr Ramsay.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Staff is ok. Dr macnay is not punctual. Good dr when he gets to you. But not good getting back to you if hes on call.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I am not in agreement with the rest, he is always late, always disorganized, doesn't respect your time.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Macnay is an amazing doctor, very upset that he moved from Barrie to Hamilton.My daughter had acid reflux very bad and was losing weight very rapidly o matter what I did for her, on my first visit with her he made me feel extremely comfortable and relaxed. Explained everything that he was doing and all the test he was ordering for her. When I took my daughter for her testing he came and made sure we where both OK,and as soon as he received the test results he called me right away. I wish he would come back to Barrie to practice here as my daughter still has health issues and all though I like her new doctor she doesn't seem to take the time with my daughter as he did.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014