Ratings for Dr. Surendra Patel

I have seen over 10 drs for ym condition and out of all of them Dr. Patel was the best!!! highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I was leaving on vacation in four days and required an injection in my shoulder. I had just missed Dr. Patel's day of hospital use and he didn't want me to go on vacation with my pain. His office staff called the hospital to see if he could have some time the next morning, Wow they allowed him the time and I went on vacation pain free.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I found Dr. Patel to be extremely rude! I don't expect surgeons to have much of a bedside manner, but his behaviour was deplorable! If I do go back to him for surgery, I hope he has good technical skills, because his people skills are non-existent!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I loved Dr Patel. I got a very minor hand surgery but he was SO friendly & showed me what was happening during the surgery (because I wanted to see). He put nice music on in the surgery & chatted with & made some jokes. I definitely felt cared for in all aspects of the word :)

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Mum lost the use of her leg and foot from a botched surgery and it has greatly reduced her quality of life mistakes happen but he couldn't get us out of his office quick enough it was 10 yrs ago she is a senior and just felt brushed off he didn't have the ability to work through it I understand that no one is perfect but to not even have the confidence to apologize is not a something I want in a doctor that working on me we should learn from our mistakes not bury them

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Just recently I had an open surgery for Carpal Tunnel. I could not have endoscopic surgery due to my own fault, procrastinating with the procedure until I damaged the nerves in my hand and lost in big part the use of it along with the loss of the muscle. After the visit and tests by the Neurologist I was told that I will not get back the feeling in my thumb and two other fingers unless the Orthopedic Surgeon will perform a miracle. Well - he did!!! Dr. Patel is an excellent surgeon!!! Since I live in Maple Ridge for many years, he performed surgery on the members of my family in friends numerous times in the past - always with excellent results. I am getting the use of my hand back and the muscle is slowly developing too - it is only 6 weeks after procedure. Dr Patel did such a fantastic job with the cut and stitches that in time, it will be completely invisible. If he ever gets tired of Orthopedic Surgery, he can become a Plastic Surgeon - I would trust him with surgery on my face! EXCELLENT JOB!!! Thank you Doctor. Also would like to thank Kaylie, his receptionist for her friendliness and always being so nice and helpful. I am very grateful for all you have done. Thank you again Yolanta

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Very little knowledge of valgus knees. Told me he couldn't justify total knee replacement(TKR) as knee was sound except for arthritus. Saw Dr. Garbuz in Vancouver two months later and he booked me for a TKR.He said arthritis would eventually become more severe and therefore recomended TKR with six month waiting list. I still haven't had theoperation but would say that time spent with Dr. Patel was a waste.Would recommend avoiding him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

I have Dr Patel for 2 surgeries in the past and had excellent results. He did any excellent job on my R hip last spring.Surgeons are not in business to chit chat nor do they have time to waste when you go to see them. I would recommend him to anyone. I need another Hip replacement and unfortunately for me he no longer does them so I will be seen by another Dr.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

I have had the pleasure of Dr Patel's company on 7 surgeries 4 left wrist 1 right wrist and 2 right knee surgeries and yes he is a very stoic man but I have nothing but good things to say about him he is a very competent surgeon and I am at his office Again to get my left thumb joint replaced and I in no way am concerned about his abilities as of yet he has not given me any reason to be. I think I'm pretty an expert by this point. If you need a very good surgeon then in my opinion he is the man unlike other ones in this area.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Although, he seemed knoweledgable,his manner was unprofessional. After stretching out in his chair I thought he might be playing a video game instead of viewing my x-rays

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011