Ratings for Dr. Joseph P. Spychalski

Dr "Joe" as he is callled, is a terrible physician with the worst attitude I have ever seen in 50+ years of seeing physicians! He treated me multiple times for severe, debilitating sciatic pain and literally told me to "deal with it." He had the nerve to tell me he lived with sciatic pain for 9 months when he was young and had no back injuries!!! He saw my condition, saw me crying, heard I had been unable to work and deal with my young teen son and could no longer walk without intense, electrical shock-like pain and weakness. He then allowed my insurance company to deny an MRI to help assist process of cortisone shot which worked for me last year. He did not return calls, did not fight the denial of insurance and completely ignored my current INVALID status. He appears to believe his patients are ignorant. I am not...I have a Masters degree in a healing field, but no degree is necessary for me to know that he should NOT be practicing medicine. I visited an emergency room which has helped me schedule an injection for tomorrow. Otherwise, with Dr Spychalski AND my PCP Dr Ciang, I would continue to languish in bed. If my nerve damage is permanent due to the long time my lower body has had numbness and intense pain from obvious nerve impingement, I will make it my goal to bring legal action against Dr Spychalski, Dr Chang, and SSMC. If anyone here is interested in a class action suit, please feel free to contact me at lechiotasso@comcast.net.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

i visited the doctor for the second time after finishing the steriods and vicadin that he had precribed for my sciatica pain. by this time i am at a loss and just want relief from this constant pain. i started to cry, trying to explain to him that i'm exhausted from being in pain and can we perhaps try something different perhaps an exray, cortisone shot, mri, anything....he looked at me with his stone face and told me to pull myself together. he kept repeating " look at me when i'm talking to you". since when did i go back to kindergarten? I'm a grown woman, who lives with and takes care of my 81 year old mother with dementia, and I take care of my 3 year old granddaughter 3 nights a week...and work full time.......I told him i wasn't looking for drugs...but that's exactly what i walked out of there with, an increase in vicadin and valum. he needs to find another area to work in....perhaps accounting.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Terrible attitude. Told me my symptoms were "all in my head" and was so rude in front of my two children. My 5 year old actually cried after we left because he was so upset that the doctor was mean to his mom. Diagnosed my ear pain, head congestion, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, and swollen glands as acid reflux!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Bad attitude, incompetent, harmful. Sloppy, rude, condescending, creepy.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Dr. Joseph P. Spychalski's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in South Weymouth, MA