Ratings for Dr. D.H. Ragan

After having my impacted wisdom teeth extracted by a maxillofacial surgeon at his office, I was in excruciating pain a week later. I went to Ragan (my regular dentist) for a followup. He barely looked in my mouth (with no light) before telling me "Everything looks normal!" and sending me on my way. A week after that, still unable to sleep or eat, my father decided I needed to go to the Emergency Room. I was taking 20-30 Advil per day just so I could function. I called a Dental Assistant friend, who diagnosed me with dry socket over the phone. He told me to soak gauze in clove oil and place in the sockets. Never have I experienced such relief. What kind of excuse of a dentist doesn't recognize dry socket? Consider yourself warned. Switch to a more competent one before you have to go through weeks of pain.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Ragan has taken a leave of absence for more than a year. Maybe he has retired.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

Began going to him 20 years ago and wouldn't even consider seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

My kids and I have had our dental work done by Dr. Ragan for over 30 years. I have been extremely happy with the results and my kids actually looked forward to visiting the dentist when they were young!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

Dr. Ragan caters to cowards - me being the worst! Kind and considerate. Been going to him for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Ragan for 20 + years, I have since moved out of the area but would be a patient to this day if I lived near PoCo

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Dr. Ragan has been my dentist since we moved to the area when I was 10. I'm now 25. I don't look forward to his retirement as his check ups always leave me confident in my smile.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr.Ragan has been my dentist for over 10 years and is by far the best I have ever had. If you are lucky enough to be taken as a new patient, Jump at the chance!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Ragan since I was a kid and he's the best dentist ever! He's very gentle and caring about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr.Ragan helped me so much when i was recovering from a very serious assault.I lost my teeth in the beating and he was and is so compasionate,caring,and the best dentist i ever had.He was my Dentist when i was in my 20's and i am not in my 50's.I don't know what i would of done with out him.His staff are the best,especially Gail.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011