Ratings for Dr. Marjorie S. Safran

This review is only to address my experience with a particular doctor of Internal Medicine at the UMass facility located at 55 Lake Drive North. This review does not reflect the level of service and care my special needs brother recieved at UMass Memorial Critical Care Unit, which by the way was awesome! The CCU at Memorial has a GREAT staff of caring doctors and nurses, etc. I accompanied my eldery parents to an appointment for my special needs brother who has been seriously ill for several weeks. Right off the bat Dr. Majorie Safran (Internal Medicines) was extremely rude from the moment she stepped into the exam room. Apparently there was a miscommunication between doctors at Umass and this appointment was scheduled too early for her to draw any conclusions on a medication my brother was recently given. She clearly took out her frustrations on my elderly parents which was totally uncalled for not to mention extremely unprofessional. Please understand my parents have raised my older special needs brother from birth and he is their life. The first thing to come from her mouth was "I don't know why you are here?". She then proceeded to degrade my mother when ever my mom tried to provide any information regarding any current medication he was taking. Then my mom suggested calling the doctor at Umass who booked this appointment. Safran's response was "and who am I supposted to call?" I apologize for being long winded but am merely trying to paint a picture of how horrible our experience was with this doctor. I would not recommend using Dr. Majorie Safran.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Marjorie S. Safran's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1977)