Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Waldman

Dr. Waldman was my choice for PCP with Greater Newport Physicians due to his strong CV. His nurse, Kelly & I, had strong words at one point but we resolved the issue and were fine. I needed a new doctor and a physical. Unbeknownst to me, the first visit was a “consultation” with a co-pay to be paid. Immediately following the consultation, Dr. W informed me that he was “switching to another group and would not be able to see me.” Going from Greater Newport Physicians to Hoag Irvine Physicians group. I confirmed with Cigna and thus requested my copay be refunded since this was NOT disclosed until after consult & payment was made. I would have never selected Dr. Waldman as my primary had I known he would no longer be a part of GNP. Cigna contacted Dr. Waldman’s office to request a refund of my co-pay and they refused to refund me. Now, barely a month later, I had to select a different PCP from GNP and will AGAIN need to pay a consultation fee and then schedule a physical. I believe Dr. Waldman’s failure to disclose that he would be leaving Greater Newport Physicians to go to Irvine Physicians was unethical and downright sneaky. Clearly, Dr. Waldman was more concerned with the $$. Sad, because I do believe he is a very intelligent man but this means nothing if money supersedes all other concerns.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Waldman for about 5 years upon the recommendation of the only person I questioned who told me that she "loved her doctor." All the negative comments on this site I find unbelievable as I have had only the best treatments, diagnoses, helpfulness, and friendliness of staff. Most phone calls have been returned promptly and I had to wait about 30 minutes only one time in all the years I have been going to Dr. Waldman.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I got an appointment easily when I called, but of course when there was someone there to begin with! They are not always there during business hours. The electronic forms that are supposed to make everything go faster were problematic, and I ended up waiting about 45 minutes before seeing the doctor. I think he is probably knowledgable in most areas, but he is just too sure of himself, and he does not listen to your concerns. He hears what he wants in your questions and answers those, not what you are really asking. His diagnosis for me was ok, but not thorough. I found much more online, and decided to go and get an OTC medicine based on my research which worked just fine! These are just a few of my concerns. The whole practice was not as professional as I expected.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

I have gone to Dr. Waldman for over 25 years. Overall I think he is a fantastic, smart, patient caring doctor that hires a great staff. They are affiliated with Hoag in Newport Beach, a hospital with top ratings! Yes, there is a wait, but he is a busy doctor! Compared to my husband's doctor who has him wait 2.5 hours, the wait is not nearly as bad. Yolanda, his current receptionist is not nearly as friendly as his prior receptionist, Rebecca. They have a great computerized system for medical history and really seem to care!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Waldman has a boutique practice which means you must pay an annual "membership fee" to have him as a doctor. You would think this would result in better treatment and more punctuality in appointments. Wrong. Virtually every time my wife or I needed to see the doctor we were either shunted off to his nurse (who we actually liked better than him and who had more credibility than Dr. Waldman), or to a nearby walk-in clinic. So why pay to be his patient if you were only seen by a nurse or a walk-in clinic doctor? We eventually dropped Waldman and kept seeing the clinic doctor who gives us better care and personal attention.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

I found this doctor to be dismissive and unhelpful. I echo the other opinion that he seems annoyed when you go to him with problems. He's not mean or unpleasant; he just doesn't help much with the medical issues.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

I love Dr Waldman, he has called me at home with results of tests and although he does run a little late I am willing to wait for his excellence!! He has a fee you have to pay but I think it is great because it gives him time to give you special attention and weed out people whom are hypo-condracts!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2008

Over the past few years as a patient I've observed the doctors long time receptionist to be rude, loud, impatient, cold, abrupt, uncaring, unprofessional. The doctor has always kept me waiting for his services and had a demeanor as if I'm an inconvenience to his time and practice. The petite blonde nurse on the other hand has always been very pleasant and compassionate when assisting me, she took the prev. nurses position, Shannon, who was wonderful also. I've experienced other front office staff that seemed to be helpful when I called in for questions or appts. and they seemed to be more responsive to my needs but were only there short term. I can only imagine why.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2007

Wait time is 15 - 45 minuties. Had two problems with billing errors and the staff is very unprofessional. I'm reporting my concerns to the CA Medical board. Once I was given a referral but the doctor's office didn't submit the paperwork properly so the claim was rejected by HealthNet and I had to pay the full amount. Then, they made an error (incorrect tax ID #) when submitting a claim and the claim was "out of network" due to this error. They wouldn't correct the error (Blue Cross even told them what to do) and then when I wouldn't pay the outstanding amount they put me in collections. I called the office 6 time and Blue Cross 3 time to get this fixed. Tamara at Dr. Waldman's office even admitted they made a billing error but she said it was still my responsibility to pay the $$ since they are doing me a "favor" by billing Blue Cross. Stay away from this doctor if you don't want to wait or expect a friendly, professional staff.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2007

Dr. Waldman requires that all his patients sign an arbitration agreement or they will not be seen; don't use this guy if you actually value your U.S. constitutional rights.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2007

Dr. Michael A. Waldman's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1985)